House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teddyboy

Amortation Calculator

There are a few things that can make this site useful in my view.

I go to BBC website for mortgage calculations so to have our own one that showed payments as follows

INPUT BOX:AMOUNT:				 NUMBER OF YEARS			   FROM%	 TO%100K						25									  4.5%		 7%OUTPUT								   4.5%										   7%				PAYMENT / INTEREST / CAPITAL   PAYMENT / INTEREST / CAPITALYEAR 1			550.00		465.00		85.00	650.00	   565.00		85.00YEAR 2			550.00		463.00		88.00	650.00	   560.00		90.00

-------------------------------

The other thing is get in touch with jon and his www.nwhouseprices.co.uk. Its a fantastic tool that gets all the price changes from Rightmove. Get your wallet out and buy his code coz its fantastic and he deserves the credit. (Thats if he want to sell that is :) )

--------------------------------

Have a page explaining what an I/O mortgage is and show how dangerous they are. Most people dont have a backup for purchase at the end - THIS IS FRIGHTENING. I worked out that if you took out an I/O mortgage for £100K you saved about £168 pcm in payments. If you put away this £168 for capital repayment you would have 45% shortfall over a repayment mortgage and yet your month outgoings would be the same.

Promote the site and get guest speakers - Roger Bootle is a start.

Start our own surveys that get distributed to the media. I think we need to change to housepricecorrection to get credibility but its the message we need to get across. Imagine hearing on the radio about a recent survey by www.housepricecorrection.co.uk showed that "sentiment in London is turning as 68% of people cannot afford to move"

---------------------------------

DONT HAVE POP-UPS!!!

---------------------------------

put an advert on ouproperty.co.uk for this site?? Or too politically incorrect at the moment?

I will find some more im sure ;)

TB