House Price Crash Forum

Morocco - My Next Target

I looked at Desert Springs. The price is £385000 for a detached villa with own pool.

Again no comparison to Saidia, it just is'nt in the same league.

Here's why:

Its a 7 minute drive to the nearest beach. This is such an important point - Saidia is on its own 7km beach which is a killer factor.

Marina - there is none at Desert Springs, again you have to drive. Saidia owners have thier own vast modern marina which can take the biggest yatchs and has 840 berths. Surrounding this marina will be up - market trendy renowned restraunts. Its hard for me to get across the importance of this feature.

D Springs has 1 golf course, Saidia will have 3 18 holers. This gives the user choice.

No you are wrong.

First of all Desert Springs consists of three distinct zones. Desert Springs, Playa Marques and Villaricos. Collectively they are all DesertSprings and interconnected/joined up. Really they should have called them:

Desert Springs Golf

Desert Springs Beach

Desert Springs Marina

But for marketing they have tried to give them 3 distinct and individual flavours.

Playa Marques - DS Beach area is actually on the beach. I mean frontline, you can see some of the pics on the site the front garden is actually on the beach. Now from here you can either walk 5 minutes to the start of Desert Springs Golf or you can take one of the 24 hour shuttle services. Go 5 minutes the other way and you are at DS Marina Village. There is actually 2 marinas here, again please refer to the website for pictures of these marinas. This zone is called Villaricos - 5 min walk from DesertSprings Golf as well or again shuttle service available.

Secondly - Desert Springs has 3 18 Hole Golf Courses planned (Golf Course 2 is just about to be finished). It also has a large lake which has been man made and will include 4 further bar/restaurants and shops around the actual lake (this is just being finished off -Half done the last time I was there).

Thirdly - 3 Bedroom beach front townhouses with pool and garage - 1400 square foot = £230,000

2 Bedrooms = £190,000

Desert Spring Marina One holds 410 boats and Marina Two a smaller 336 boats.

So to confirm Desert Springs IS beachfront, it has TWO marinas and ithas THREE golf courses.

If you include local restaurants that have been built within the Desert Springs complex or have been swallowed up within it (around the Marina, Beach Bars etc) you are looking at around 40 restaurants and 20 bars.

Couldnt be sure about clothes shops etc but get enough of that in the UK so block it all from my sight.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you are wrong.

adibrown,

What you have to understand is that Dogbox prefers to do research from the comfort of his armchair, using DVD's supplied by friends. He doesn't have much time for people who've actually been to places they claim they know well.

That way he can make an informed judgement and advise others to follow suit in his 'best investment ever'.

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by BigLog

No you are wrong.

First of all Desert Springs consists of three distinct zones. Desert Springs, Playa Marques and Villaricos. Collectively they are all DesertSprings and interconnected/joined up. Really they should have called them:

Ive just called an agent for DS.

I asked him for a Desert Springs golf villa within walking distance of beach. He laughed and said "if your Wife wants to walk to the beach you will get a very long round of golf in, its 7 miles away". :blink:

I asked him for a Desert Springs golf villa within walking distance of beach. He laughed and said "if your Wife wants to walk to the beach you will get a very long round of golf in, its 7 miles away". :blink:

Well thats very strange because I lived there for almost two years and I can categorically tell you for definite that Playa Marques (Desert Springs Beach Resort) is on the beach.

I also used to walk up to the course with my g/f from the beach but there is a shuttle service as there is in Saidia by the sounds of it.

Would you like me to swear on somebodys life?

Why dont you ring the guy now and ask him about Playa Marques? Or even better why not just look at the piccys on the website.

I have to say I dont own anything in Desert Springs so have no commercial interest in "ramping"it up.

I just know that people staying in Playa Marques used to play golf and their wives used to walk to the end of their garden and on to the beach.

Yes you see the way it works is like this.......the "golf villa" is usually on the golf course....and the "beach villa" ermmmmm.......is on the beach. They are all interconnected but you can get from A to B via shuttle service.

It is geographically impossible to have a golf course on a beach so there is some distance between them but it is possibly a mile or two at the most. Believe me I am not an olympic athelete and I did this walk there and back evey day.

How far is the golf course from the beach in Saidia. Just out of interest?

It is geographically impossible to have a golf course on a beach so there is some distance between them but it is possibly a mile or two at the most.

How far is the golf course from the beach in Saidia. Just out of interest?

Adi

Saidia's 3 courses are bieng built next to the beach. You can walk off a course and onto the beach. THIS IS THE CRUCIAL FEATURE THAT ATTRACTED MY INVESTMENT CASH.

You say the golf is a mile or 2 walk in Desert Springs. Thats a key difference. People want everything in one site.

How far are the marina's? Again Saidia's is within the one complex so very convienient.

Also there are some 3000 properties being built in Saidia. The site is expecting c500000 visitors pa many of whom will stay in the 11 or so 5 star hotels and 1000 seat conference centre. THATS A BIG AUDIENCE exposed to the rental property.

In Spain there is oversupply and endless choice. In Morocco supply is very limited yet the attractions are many.

Edited by dogbox

How far are the marina's? Again Saidia's is within the one complex so very convienient.

Also there are some 3000 properties being built in Saidia. The site is expecting c500000 visitors pa

This is today's craziest claim, even crazier than the one concerning the chilly water of Florida.

Egypt, country with a long history and magnificent historical sites and excellent beaches, receives about 6 millions visitors per year and

Fuerteventura about 1 million per year, both in 12 month seasons.

And you expect that 1/2 million people to go to a place like Saidia???????? How many beers did you have today?

P.S. By The way, there are still plenty of places for the hipothetical Palmiers de Casablanca, it just happen that somebody called me today to ask me if I am still interested. So the Saffron Villa lie, as excpeted, as they are among the biggest thieves on the market.

Edited by catara

I would venture to suggest that anyone investing at Saidia really ought not be overly concerned with this Saidia "hot" or "cold" debate.This is a relative concept.I spend a great deal of time in the South of Spain(Almeria/Murcia-directly opposite Saidia) outside the peak periods and it remains a source of amusement to me that when i am wearing just a pair of shorts and sandals,the Spanish are clad in wooly jumpers and the Moroccans in overcoats!

Kms

Please pm me.I have reserved an end Penthouse on The Greens,and have many views on its merits relative to Oasis and LJDF.

Magnate, hi, i tried PM but am unable to do so. I have asked the site administrator to resolve this. I would like to talk to you.

whats the best way?

[. So the Saffron Villa lie, as excpeted, as they are among the biggest thieves on the market.

I hope you're insured for libel actions, catara!!

I was just expressing my disapointment with some actions that I did not quite like, I am sure many others had excellent experiences with Saffron Villas and they seem to be

a very good company for advertising Morocco. So one possible costumer who is not quite happy does not really count.

Anyway, we will see in 2-3 years if Morocco becomes the dream place that many of you expect it to become. if it does, good for all of us as we will have more choice to travelling.

And you expect that 1/2 million people to go to a place like Saidia???????? How many beers did you have today?

This is the figure quoted on all the blurb. I have absolutely no idea whether it's accurate. Encouraging that some big brand hotels are investing in the site.

This is the figure quoted on all the blurb. I have absolutely no idea whether it's accurate. Encouraging that some big brand hotels are investing in the site.

Dogbox, to be very honest, I would love to see a succesfull story in Morocco as that would mean that many more Moroccans would become wealthier and the wealth will spread all over Africa.

I am a bit pessimist buit that you realized already. :)

Dogbox, to be very honest, I would love to see a succesfull story in Morocco as that would mean that many more Moroccans would become wealthier and the wealth will spread all over Africa.

I am a bit pessimist buit that you realized already. :)

Cheers.

Why are you being nice today is it your birthday? :lol:

I'll be expecting the other you to emmerge again soon, which is fine as I like the banter. :ph34r:

Another Muppet like me has just invested in Moroccan real estate;

R Branson Moroccan hotel :rolleyes:

I better tell him he's got it all wrong and that Biglog says people who know nothing about Morocco cant possibly invest :o

http://www.hiphotelreviews.com/hotels/kasb...morocco-resort/

Another Muppet like me has just invested in Moroccan real estate;

R Branson Moroccan hotel :rolleyes:

I better tell him he's got it all wrong and that Biglog says people who know nothing about Morocco cant possibly invest :o

http://www.hiphotelreviews.com/hotels/kasb...morocco-resort/

2 things I'd say to this comment;

1/ Where have I said that Richard Branson doesn't know about Morocco ??

2/ I'm beginning to see remnants of internet fantasists here (a near 3000 thread poster comparing himself to Branson, Soros and Buffett)...... :rolleyes:

P.S. Not in Saidia though is it ?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by BigLog

2/ I'm beginning to see remnants of internet fantasists here (a near 3000 thread poster comparing himself to Branson, Soros and Buffett)...... :rolleyes:

P.S. Not in Saidia though is it ?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I work hard in my business but Ive luckily always had a knack of being able to make money quickly which leaves time for posting or whatever else takes my fancy. I was the same at School, other kids would take twice as long as me to do the same amount of work. Perhaps that explains my poor spelling :rolleyes:

Hey all you critics, just wondered what you thought of the video presentation on LJDF website?

http://www.lejardindefleur.com

I work hard in my business but Ive luckily always had a knack of being able to make money quickly which leaves time for posting or whatever else takes my fancy.........

Oh, so that's how Richard Branson and the like spend their time ??

Maybe you ought to spend some of it visiting that place that's about to empty your wallet ? ;)

P.S. I bet Richard Branson has been to Morocco !

Edited by BigLog

The webcam (which usually shows REAL pictures) is the best:

http://www.lejardindefleur.com/site/webcam.html

They say the webcam goes live once the foundations begin.

A fellow investor returned from the site on Wednedsay and showed me my plot. Its just a patch of sand.

They showed me photos of the flooded marina, its got the most wonderful colour sea and its vast. Can wait to be walking round it one evening in 3 years time whilst perusing the many restaurants as the jostling yatchs gently caress thier moorings and the night sky is filled with the sounds of the bazzar and the frangrance of incense and spices. :rolleyes:

They showed me photos of the flooded marina, its got the most wonderful colour sea and its vast. Can wait to be walking round it one evening in 3 years time whilst perusing the many restaurants as the jostling yatchs gently caress thier moorings and the night sky is filled with the sounds of the bazzar and the frangrance of incense and spices. :rolleyes:

Before catching the bus back home :lol: .