House Price Crash Forum

Morocco - My Next Target

HOLA441
  • Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

So the Kings got it all wrong? According to you his showcase first Plan Azure development is a mistake.

Saidia will be a premier destination and offers a fairly unique vacation proposition. If you cant see it, thats fine with me.

You often ask '"whats to do"? Not a lot right now, but once built it will offer everything most holiday makers want all in one close to the UK resort.

Im an average sort of guy, and for certain most of my average freinds and aquaintances are'nt interested in culture in the main. If we fancy a bit of culture we do a short city break, but most of the time we want rest and relaxation.

People I know that own villas in Spain and Cyprus didnt have 'culture' on thier shopping list thats for sure.

Im pretty sure Dubai lovers are'nt driven by a hunger for culture. :rolleyes:

Also you underestimate the importance of the 'coast factor'. Not many people Ive met would want a week in a hot inland city like Fez :rolleyes:

And...................?

The professional speculators make up a small part of the market.

A gem like Saidia will have longevity thanks to its unique market position.

Those moving on will likely find the later Plan Azure resorts more expensive and those further down the Atlantic coast a longer flight.

The King knows exactly what he's doing, it's muppets like you that haven't got a clue. You should take a very good look at a map of Morocco and see which little corner of nowhere you are buying into.

What I can see is that you are a ramper, hyping a place you claim to be so interested in for Holidaying yet you've never even set foot in the country let alone the town you claim to know so well !!!!

Spain, if you like that sort of thing, has tons of culture (it's the brits that lack in that department), same as Cyprus, steeped in culture, history, sun, good food, plenty to do and see, relax if you want, nice people etc etc.

I don't even like Dubai and what it's got and represents, but we all know what there is at Dubai and if we want that, we know where to go. It's a glitzy, over the top, luxury luxury luxury place, if that's your cup of tea.

So if it's Coast you are after, why pay so over the top for your bit of nowhere ??

Or why are you such a ramper ??

Me thinks you are on a commission......

HOLA443

Or why are you such a ramper ??

Me thinks you are on a commission......

Biglog, everybody is entitled to have hobbies. :)

Some of us like discussing about football, some about women, some about cars. Dogbox enjoys discussions about Saidia... :)

HOLA444

The King knows exactly what he's doing, it's muppets like you that haven't got a clue. You should take a very good look at a map of Morocco and see which little corner of nowhere you are buying into.

So again I ask why the King with all his power and resources chose Saidia as his first showcase Plan Azure project for the world to see? If we follow your train of thought he's either a complete idiot or in the midst of a great hoax.

Dont forget Saidia is 7million m2, so far in a way his most important Plan Azure site.

Note the marina will be the largest in the Med and hold up to 60m long yatchs.

Note the 11 interntational hotel groups building hotels within the site. Muppets :lol:

It must have something going for it!

For me it will have everything I need as Ive told you many times. The further away I am from turgid tours of vineyards and ruins the better.

Open space for someone like me is poetic whereas your type (the Michael Pallin camp) would consider it nothingness. Never shall we agree. To give you an idea I would never go on any kind of organised group tour, or cruise, and would never visit the depressing heaving Pyramids, indeed I find London depressing which is why I moved into the surrounding countryside.

Ive been to Cyprus and the Ballearics which you say will be more attractive than Saidia. I wouldnt say lots of 1/2 built and abandoned property, mixed with sprawling developments, factories and nice beaches all crammed into little islands is anything particularly special and definitely not magical in any sense (and I speak as someone whos been back to the better parts of Menorca a few times).

Edited by dogbox

HOLA445

For me it will have everything I need as Ive told you many times. The further away I am from turgid tours of vineyards and ruins the better.

Open space for someone like me is poetic whereas your type (the Michael Pallin camp) would consider it nothingness. Never shall we agree. To give you an idea I would never go on any kind of organised group tour, or cruise, and would never visit the depressing heaving Pyramids, indeed I find London depressing which is why I moved into the surrounding countryside.

Because it is the time for the 2007 resolutions, do you promise us that you are not going to sell your Saidia love villa in the period 2007-2010? :)

HOLA446

So again I ask why the King with all his power and resources chose Saidia as his first showcase Plan Azure project for the world to see? If we follow your train of thought he's either a complete idiot or in the midst of a great hoax.

Dont forget Saidia is 7million m2, so far in a way his most important Plan Azure site.

Note the marina will be the largest in the Med and hold up to 60m long yatchs.

Note the 11 interntational hotel groups building hotels within the site. Muppets :lol:

It must have something going for it!

Ive been to Cyprus and the Ballearics which you say will be more attractive than Saidia. I wouldnt say lots of 1/2 built and abandoned property, mixed with sprawling developments, factories and nice beaches all crammed into little islands is anything particularly special and definitely not magical in any sense (and I speak as someone whos been back to the better parts of Menorca a few times).

If you owned Morocco, would you give away your best bits (Marrakech, Fes, Agadir, Tangiers etc) or would you give away parts that you didn't really care less about, in the corner of nowhere, and say "there, have that, see what you can do make of this"....... Saidia is a nothingness made up to be something special by commission-paid hypers like you.

You talk about Cyprus since you've been there (well done, you are getting out after all), but you have never set foot in Morocco ?? How do you know whether it will have all what you need ?? You've never been there, it hasn't been built..... you are on a commission aren't you ??

LOL regarding the Michael Palin reference btw, but I like nothing more than a nice beach - speaking from experience, saidia is nothing special at all regarding beach/sea quality. In fact it's very ordinary.

Finally, due to your lack of local knowledge, you talk about the King as if Saidia is this prestigious place that he's overlooking on a daily basis. Let me tell you (from experience) that the King gets about in his country and sees everywhere, this is normal for him and the fact that he goes to Saidia doesn't surprise anyone (except easily impressed people such as yourself), nor does it guarantee that it'll be this monumental awesomeness you predict it to be.

Finally, over here Saidia is very very low on the list of worthy news items regarding property in Morocco.

HOLA447

If you owned Morocco, would you give away your best bits (Marrakech, Fes, Agadir, Tangiers etc) or would you give away parts that you didn't really care less about, in the corner of nowhere, and say "there, have that, see what you can do make of this"....... Saidia is a nothingness made up to be something special by commission-paid hypers like you.

You talk about Cyprus since you've been there (well done, you are getting out after all), but you have never set foot in Morocco ?? How do you know whether it will have all what you need ?? You've never been there, it hasn't been built..... you are on a commission aren't you ??

LOL regarding the Michael Palin reference btw, but I like nothing more than a nice beach - speaking from experience, saidia is nothing special at all regarding beach/sea quality. In fact it's very ordinary.

Finally, due to your lack of local knowledge, you talk about the King as if Saidia is this prestigious place that he's overlooking on a daily basis. Let me tell you (from experience) that the King gets about in his country and sees everywhere, this is normal for him and the fact that he goes to Saidia doesn't surprise anyone (except easily impressed people such as yourself), nor does it guarantee that it'll be this monumental awesomeness you predict it to be.

Finally, over here Saidia is very very low on the list of worthy news items regarding property in Morocco.

Saidia you say is nothingness, well long before I bought I did research and that revealed the area to be known for its bird watching, whale watching, nature reserves and trekking. Sounds allright to me.

Of course the resort once built will certainly add up to a pretty big deal.

You cite Tangiers as one of the best bits. Thats not what visiotrs have told me. They describe it as an industrial mess of a place.

You say the King wants to palm us off with Saidia. Cmon Biglog. What do you think that would do for his reputation amongst future investors. Im sure the guy aint that stooopid.

The hotels wouldnt be investing in a place without prospects.

Im not a commision crow. All the agents offer commsion and indeed some people have gone on to buy in Saidia with whom Ive 'chatted' online but I have'nt seen ant dosh nor do expect any but if someone out there wants to send me some, feel free.

Ever since you and I first jousted you've banged on and on about a visit. I dont know how many times you need me to tell you I didnt need a visit.

I think I might pay the place a visit in summer if I have time. B)

You say the beach is ordinary, yet the Moroccans themselves have long referred to it as the Plue Pearl of Morocco - are you sure you didnt visit the dodgy end?

2 people I know personaly visited and they said the sand was nicer, a lot nicer than that on the Costsas.

The pictures they took show a pretty nice beach although a bit messy in places but all the mess will be groomed away for sure.

Beaches are funny things, very subjective. I read in many journals including Conde Nast Traveller that Cebu beach in the Philippines was as good as beaches get yet I found that nothing special. Ive had similar experiences elsewhere.

Yes Im aware the Kings gets about but I dont see investors into other Moroccan developments mentioning the King visited yet he is regularly at Saidia.

You keep claiming Saidia is nothingness - errrr its being built! ;)

Have you yourself seen a map? Have you noticed how close Saidia is to Europe? Big clue that. People like the sheltered Med, they are used to it.

The Minister for Tourism expects 500000 visitors to Saidia pa by 2012. Go tell him you know better.

Anyway Big, no hard feelings, I love our little jousts.

HOLA448

Anyway Big, no hard feelings, I love our little jousts.

Dogbox, if I were you, I would just say here that I took 1 week off and visited all Morocoo and now know everything about everything. This way your claims would become muuuuuuch more credible. The way you present things is like trying to sell a place on the mooon...

HOLA449

BigLog

You say you aren't surprised by how often the King visits Saidia. Surely that contradicts your logic that Saidia is a nothing place tucked away in an unwanted corner of Morocco?

You mention Agadir and Tangier as being among the 'best bits'. I don't know anyone that has been to Tangier, yourself excepted, that would consider it one of the best bits. Most just want to escape from it!

You really don't get it. Saidia town may be nothing, but Med Saidia development looks like being something a bit special. We are investing in what we expect the place to become, not what the neighbouring town currently is.

The beaches are not ready. However, just before you enter Med Saidia (from Saidia town) there are a few beach bars with nice strips of beach. It is very easy to visualise that extended (and improved upon) for the 7km or so of coastline at Med Saidia.

HOLA4410

Biglog

Do you know the name of any French Banks that operate in Morocco and have a London branch?

Thanks from your good freind DB

HOLA4411

Catara, BigLog

So you think Dogbox is ramping because he is so positive.

Well could you explain to me and others why, if you aren't purchasing property yourself in Saidia, that you spend so much time knocking the place?

What is your agenda?

Have you purchased somewhere else in Morocco and are now worried that due to new sites you won't see the returns you hoped for?

If you can't answer these questions then you can't expect to be taken seriously.*

*Not that I can take you seriously if you describe the beach as ordinary, I have visited, I thought it looked great even though no work had yet been done, and someone on the trip with us thought it was one of the best beaches she had ever seen in her life, I may not totally agree with that but it is far from ordinary and certainly better than the vast majority of beaches in Spain.

HOLA4412

Dogbox:

HNY

Banque Populaire have a branch in the village of Saidia and are the only Moroccan bank with a London office. They are based at 38 Star Street, Paddington, London W2. Tel: 020 7258 0243 www.cpm.co.ma

It's a fairly straightfoward procedure to open an account. You will need to take along a passport and other ID to confirm your address. They will open an account there and then. You need to check opening times as they sometimes close early. I think their normal hours are something like 0930 to 1400.

Societe Generale are to open a branch in the Commercial Centre in Saidia and if you PM me with your email address, I can send you the application forms that I received from my agent.

Regards

HOLA4413

Catara, BigLog

So you think Dogbox is ramping because he is so positive.

Well could you explain to me and others why, if you aren't purchasing property yourself in Saidia, that you spend so much time knocking the place?

What is your agenda?

What's your problem? Bad holidays? Did you quit smoking on New Year's Day and are now grumpy? :)

Anyway, you are somehow right, there are so many other interesting subjects in this forum.

Edited by catara

HOLA4414

What's your problem? Bad holidays? Did you quit smoking on New Year's Day and are now grumpy? :)

Anyway, you are somehow right, there are so many other interesting subjects in this forum.

I had a great time off thanks for asking, what is your problem with your constant bitching at Dogbox?

And I notice that you didn't bother to answer the questions, says it all really.

HOLA4415

I had a great time off thanks for asking, what is your problem with your constant bitching at Dogbox?

And I notice that you didn't bother to answer the questions, says it all really.

The fact that me and dogbox are having fun here creates an agenda for me??? I really could not care less about buying at Saidia or any other developments in Morocco or anywhere else ithe world in the year 2007, the year of real estate crash. I do not have money to waste.

But I shall gladly visit Saidia when it is ready, you guys made me curious.

Edited by catara

HOLA4416

The fact that me and dogbox are having fun here creates an agenda for me??? I really could not care less about buying at Saidia or any other developments in Morocco or anywhere else ithe world in the year 2007, the year of real estate crash. I do not have money to waste.

But I shall gladly visit Saidia when it is ready, you guys made me curious.

Hi Catara

You'll be welcome to rent out my villa - overlooking golf course and with private pool. It will be ready in 2009 so we could discuss what's happened to prices then. Meanwhile it's all fairly pointless speculation. We're happy, you're happy, happy new year eh?

HOLA4417

You'll be welcome to rent out my villa - overlooking golf course and with private pool. It will be ready in 2009 so we could discuss what's happened to prices then. Meanwhile it's all fairly pointless speculation. We're happy, you're happy, happy new year eh?

OK, sounds great. Hope everything is going to go well for your investment there.

HOLA4418

Hello everyone,

I have read through quite a lot of the archives on this thread and have found it all very interesting, a lot of interesting debate. Currently I have "reserved" 2 apartments on the Greens development in Saidia and two apartments on the Magnum development. I am (one of those dreadful!!) investors who is looking to flip contracts and have some nice capital appreciation... anyone have any experience flipping contracts?

I have also got one apartment in the Les Palmiers development in Casablanca and three in Sunset Beach (penthouses) which is near there...

I am going on an inspection trip shortly and am interested in people's views on any of the developments near Casablanca..

Thanks

HOLA4419
Hello everyone,

I have read through quite a lot of the archives on this thread and have found it all very interesting, a lot of interesting debate. Currently I have "reserved" 2 apartments on the Greens development in Saidia and two apartments on the Magnum development. I am (one of those dreadful!!) investors who is looking to flip contracts and have some nice capital appreciation... anyone have any experience flipping contracts?

I have also got one apartment in the Les Palmiers development in Casablanca and three in Sunset Beach (penthouses) which is near there...

I am going on an inspection trip shortly and am interested in people's views on any of the developments near Casablanca..

Thanks

Wish I had the bottle you have!

Im too wary of putting too many eggs in one basket. What gives you so much confidence in one nation?

Casablanca I have no knowledge of, sorry.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Eye On The World have released some articles on Morocco. Fairly interesting, though not entirely accurate. Here's the links:

What difference a year makes (In Morocco)

www.eyeonworldwide.com/property-magazine/morocco-oneyearon.aspx

Moroccan Culture

www.eyeonworldwide.com/property-magazine/morocco-culture.aspx

Moroccon Economy

www.eyeonworldwide.com/property-magazine/morocco-economy.aspx

Employment in Morocco

www.eyeonworldwide.com/property-magazine/morocco-employment.aspx

Health and Beauty in Morocco

www.eyeonworldwide.com/property-magazine/morocco-health.aspx

Telecommunications in Morocco

www.eyeonworldwide.com/property-magazine/morocco-telecommunications.aspx

HOLA4422

HI Soup Dragon,

Thanks for the articles... am going to go and read those.

As for eggs in one basket, yes, I am putting my eggs into Morocco, as I believe that in the longer term it will be sound. I know there are a lot of differing opinions on this matter, but I guess we all have to go with what we think is right for us.... my only slight concern is that I have property on the Magnum development which I think is completing too soon for there to be any real rental market for it... does anyone know about Magnum and have any opinions on it?

Thanks

Tigress

HOLA4423

Rentals will be low at first for Magnum, but its a bonus for you that completion has been delayed. I think front line beach apartments will be very good for appeciation. Rational is:

1) Only front line beach properties available in Saidia. Very limited supply of property with unobstructed sea views will lead to very nice appreciation. Even those at the rear are good in terms of location - golf views and very close to beach.

2) Apartments are well spaced out. Probably the best in the resort on that basis. (Only two lines of apartments on plot.)

3) Sea view apartments will possibly be the best for in-season rentals. Your rental return should be very attractive further down the line. (Something you have pointed out to potential buyers when you come to sell - very soon if you are looking to flip.)

HOLA4424

Hi to Magnum investers.

I put a deposit on a magnum 3 bed aptm in Nov 05 when they were selling like hot cakes. By early 06 there were only a few in block 11 then to my surprise a whole batch came back on at original prices - some 40% lower than RT2 that are selling well too. I am still surpised to see agents still marketing Magnum properties - are they coming back on the market? does anyone know why? Has anyone resold a property? if so why? did you get a return?

Cheers

HOLA4425

DAILY MAIL - SUNDAY 15th

At last an article outlining the investment by Premiership footballers.

Good to see LeJardinDeFleur mentioned as the developer from which the 240 properties were purchased.

The article goes on to say the King is planning a Royal reception for the footballers this summer, a but vulgar Ill grant but publicity none the less that will underpin values going forward.