House Price Crash Forum
hedi

Time To Close This Website.

its time to shut up shop.

one thing i do know about crashes is that they never happen when expected. so lets just stop telling people that they might loose money. let them keep buying and push those prices up. and let eveyone think that there will never be a crash. then it will happen.

its no good if people worry about a crash. no good at all.

Guest Riser

BOOM BOOM

BOOM BOOM BUST !

It just starting to get interesting :D

Signal_NationalQ405.gif Prices 40% above trend and Global interest rates rising spells the end for this BOOM

post-1619-1144668348.gif

Edited by Riser

one thing i do know about crashes is that they never happen when expected. so lets just stop telling people that they might loose money. let them keep buying and push those prices up. and let eveyone think that there will never be a crash. then it will happen.

its no good if people worry about a crash. no good at all.

Oh no it has to stay open. Currently those of us who are sceptical about crashes are enjoying the ride. My particular favourites are the postings which announce (Homer Simpson style) "crash is here" or "it's begun".

Second in my chart has to be the anecdotal stuff. "I know a lot of people who are redundant" or "everyone I know is not buying". That sort of thing.

Third in the hit parade is the disaster crowd, currently flocking (pun) around the bid flu story.

Keep them coming, I love it.

BOOM BOOM BUST !

It just starting to get interesting :D

Signal_NationalQ405.gif Prices 40% above trend and Global interest rates rising spells the end for this BOOM

Riser, I love your chart but it's a bit out of date now, isn't it? Any chance of updating it?

Currently those of us who are sceptical about crashes are enjoying the ride.

Something tells me you won't be here 'enjoying the ride' when the crash actually happens. When big falls are undeniable, the bulls will just vanish.

I must I like the bird flue ones. 'House prices are going to crash because a bird in Fife has a cough'

Like small drops in HPI and the odd bird dropping dead with HN5--all things have small beginnings. They think AIDs began in one single monkey that was shipped to San Franscisco where, er...well imagine the rest.

Think of the mighty oak--from a tiny acorn it sprang! Just like HPC--first one drops their price, then two, then 4, then 8 then 16. You get the picture?

And lets not forget, a crash is only fully visible after the damage has been completed.

Something tells me you won't be here 'enjoying the ride' when the crash actually happens. When big falls are undeniable, the bulls will just vanish.

Oh no I'll be enjoying the ride, buying a few cheap houses to redevelop (I've stopped for a while, to see what happens). I may even get into the buy to let business if it does crash.

They think AIDs began in one single monkey that was shipped to San Franscisco where, er...well imagine the rest.

It was warmly welcomed into the gay community? :blink:

Guest Winners and Losers

Hyperventilation, hyperventilation, breath, breath - s'ok, no really, I'm ok. Just had a panic attack about what I would do with my life???

Actually the bird flu might just be the catalyst as terrible as it will be. Less people around = less demand for houses. Plus the damage it will do the the economy will also put pressure of prices.

Actually the bird flu might just be the catalyst as terrible as it will be. Less people around = less demand for houses. Plus the damage it will do the the economy will also put pressure of prices.

At least the government are trying to keep it all secret so as not to start a panic and possible HPC:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../ixnewstop.html

Revealed: the secret No 10 plan to tackle bird flu food shortages

By Patrick Hennessy, Political Editor

(Filed: 09/04/2006)

Bird flu 'could kill 100,000 children'

Emergency plans to tackle widespread food shortages in the event of a bird flu pandemic are being drawn up by ministers, according to secret Cabinet documents.
The Government fears that any pandemic could last more than six months. The documents say that Whitehall should be on alert for a pandemic on an "extended time-scale - certainly for six months … and perhaps longer". They also suggest "more than one pandemic wave" of bird flu.

Highly unlikely. Sorry to tell you. HPC doom-mongers, but bird flu is under control in Thailand and Vietnam and human cases are dropping sharply. Sorry.

Highly unlikely. Sorry to tell you. HPC doom-mongers, but bird flu is under control in Thailand and Vietnam and human cases are dropping sharply. Sorry.

I'm not really into talking up a global pandemic to reduce house prices, but what may be under control is the infection of humans with the bird virus. The pandemic will result from the inevitable mutation of the lethal strain of bird virus into one that will pass easily between humans. When that happens there might be a high mortality in the 18-30 age group, unless they get a vaccine in place pretty quick. I'm glad I'm 39, and should only feel a bit peeky :(

Guest Winners and Losers

I'm glad I'm 39, and should only feel a bit peeky :(

:lol:

Has there ever been a better time to be over 30!