House Price Crash Forum

Think Of The Children

HOLA441

This will be nothing new for most of you, but herewith my own contribution to the debate: http://www.prettygoodbritain.com/library/house.html. Please bear in mind that it was written for a general audience.

Having had a minor success getting my views printed in the Guardian (and aired on the radio), I tried that out on them. As they weren't terribly impressed, I'll have to make do with PGB.

The great bubble of the early noughties will make an interesting entry in some future version of this.

Edited by happily renting

HOLA442
Guest struthitsruth

Well impressed - although I haven't located the phone-in debate yet, the R5 listen again option is 3hrs long !

Anyway, the article on house prices defying gravity is excellent, the language is rich and evocative, even provocative. Beware of the distraction of inaccurate chronology, Chernobyl accident for instance, was April 1986, and house prices at that time were rising toward the stratosphere and continued to rise for another 2 years, so I'm not sure whether anyone can really associate the two. However I like the fallout analogy ! I remember it being difficult to sell in 1989, and I only succeeded by reducing the price dramatically. I remember in the years that followed, families who had to relocate and could not sell were adopting the strategy of renting while renting, i.e. letting out their purchased house and renting in a new area. Financial nightmare for some.

Well said on the subject of the iPods by the way. I'm a fair weather cyclist myself so might keep the site bookmarked now that the Spring sunshine is here.

;)

Edit : spelling

Edited by struthitsruth

HOLA443

This will be nothing new for most of you, but herewith my own contribution to the debate: http://www.prettygoodbritain.com/library/house.html. Please bear in mind that it was written for a general audience.

Having had a minor success getting my views printed in the Guardian (and aired on the radio), I tried that out on them. As they weren't terribly impressed, I'll have to make do with PGB.

The great bubble of the early noughties will make an interesting entry in some future version of this.

Pretty Good Piece.