House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

Our Property

Im confused here, i guess the webmaster has probably sold this site for a cut of the shares for some two bit outfit.

But now this forum has become what we all mostly dreaded on here in that is a vested intrest in property.There is no other reason why a property website would thus purchase another property website other than trying to build a portfolio of popular property websites for an motive.

Whatever way we look at it theres gotta be something in it for these guys and that something is surely gonna be detrimental for the free thinking free flowing of this website.

This site was built by the members for the members, there was no commercial enterprise behind it and it ran fine.But now what we have is a commercial enterprise working behind the scenes on here.For me this is the end of this forum.It was the very nature of freedom of expression that brought me here in the first place, the idea that there was no-one trying to tweak my ideals to make a fast buck outta me, it was a chat platform for what concerned us.Now its a chat platform for profit.These guys aint gonna do this for free ya know, they aint a charity and have no intention of being so there a buisness.

Ive been on forums for the last 10 years and seen this happen many many times, first of all they will work behind the scenes for a couple of months implimenting changes and tweaking the php, next they will be selling you mugs and t-shirts in support of HPC, this is how it happens then it becomes advertisement central and like the motley fool ect expect that pop up all over the place to come at you.

you have to ask yourself what is the benifit now to us? us members? what exactly will we gain from the site becoming a non-profit chat forum to a for profit chat forum.The answer is surely nothing at all.There is no gain for us at all.And thats the crux right there, what will ourproperty.com bring us exactly, what can they do to enhance us at all?

bugger all thats what.

Guest Vim Fuego

Im confused here, i guess the webmaster has probably sold this site for a cut of the shares for some two bit outfit.

But now this forum has become what we all mostly dreaded on here in that is a vested intrest in property.There is no other reason why a property website would thus purchase another property website other than trying to build a portfolio of popular property websites for an motive.

Whatever way we look at it theres gotta be something in it for these guys and that something is surely gonna be detrimental for the free thinking free flowing of this website.

This site was built by the members for the members, there was no commercial enterprise behind it and it ran fine.But now what we have is a commercial enterprise working behind the scenes on here.For me this is the end of this forum.It was the very nature of freedom of expression that brought me here in the first place, the idea that there was no-one trying to tweak my ideals to make a fast buck outta me, it was a chat platform for what concerned us.Now its a chat platform for profit.These guys aint gonna do this for free ya know, they aint a charity and have no intention of being so there a buisness.

Ive been on forums for the last 10 years and seen this happen many many times, first of all they will work behind the scenes for a couple of months implimenting changes and tweaking the php, next they will be selling you mugs and t-shirts in support of HPC, this is how it happens then it becomes advertisement central and like the motley fool ect expect that pop up all over the place to come at you.

you have to ask yourself what is the benifit now to us? us members? what exactly will we gain from the site becoming a non-profit chat forum to a for profit chat forum.The answer is surely nothing at all.There is no gain for us at all.And thats the crux right there, what will ourproperty.com bring us exactly, what can they do to enhance us at all?

bugger all thats what.

So what do you expect from a bunch of sold to renters? This forum is fun.....however don't think ANY STR is on the side of an ftb.....yer good old STR methinks spouts hypocritical ********

bugger all thats what.

So we used to shop & the corner store & now we shop at Tesco. Who cares?

So what do you expect from a bunch of sold to renters? This forum is fun.....however don't think ANY STR is on the side of an ftb.....yer good old STR methinks spouts hypocritical ********

I'm an STR and I couldn't give a monkeys about FTB's. Never claimed to never will do. We both want the same thing but that doesn't mean that if things went right for me but not for FTB's I'd be that bothered and I would expect the same in return.