House Price Crash Forum
RichM

The Veteran Addresses The Platoon

For crying out loud guys, webmaster couldn't be shagged with all the hassle of running a website. Big deal. He makes a few quid (and let's face it, he'll get no more than a few tens of thousands, if that), and the satisfaction of seeing the site get a more professional profile, and hopefully, rescue a few more punters from debt slavery.

What was he supposed to do? Give up his job? Or just let the site potter along?

I suppose he could settle for the latter, but that would be missing out on a great opportunity - as the mortgage debt menace continues to grow, the more importance this site takes on, the more people that are affected, the greater the need for a top quality site that smacks down the BS that has been floated by the MSM and the government.

What is more pitiful than people sledging webmaster, is bulls whining about how he's selling out.

What a bunch of jokers. I do dislike ad hominems, but some of the posts I've seen in relation to this episode have been absolutely pathetic. He's an FTB. He makes a great website that gets cited in a number of broadsheets, and continues to grow in impact/coverage. And what is the reaction? "Oh, he reckons it won't crash anymore so he's selling up".

That is typical of the sort of the analysis that has been going on here of late. House prices go up, so they will forever. People can borrow 10 billion quid a month, ad infinitum. We don't need a productive economy to back up house prices, instead house prices back up the economy. We don't need FTBs or a property ladder anymore. You lose, ha ha ha.

Get a grip make some sensible arguments, or head over to singing pig, that other great property site...

Nice one RichM...........We are all guests here and should behave accordingly. It ain't my site and if it all of a sudden starts to disagree with my palate I'll kapurcal off somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Edited by Catch22

Guest Winners and Losers

The smell of hypocritical bullshite lingers

Hey, cruisin for a bruisin, your posts are so insightful and full of useful informed debate. Please stay, your contribution is so worthwhile.

For crying out loud guys, webmaster couldn't be shagged with all the hassle of running a website. Big deal. He makes a few quid (and let's face it, he'll get no more than a few tens of thousands, if that), and the satisfaction of seeing the site get a more professional profile, and hopefully, rescue a few more punters from debt slavery.

I suppose he could settle for the latter, but that would be missing out on a great opportunity - as the mortgage debt menace continues to grow, the more importance this site takes on, the more people that are affected, the greater the need for a top quality site that smacks down the BS that has been floated by the MSM and the government.

What is more pitiful than people sledging webmaster, is bulls whining about how he's selling out.

What a bunch of jokers. I do dislike ad hominems, but some of the posts I've seen in relation to this episode have been absolutely pathetic. He's an FTB. He makes a great website that gets cited in a number of broadsheets, and continues to grow in impact/coverage. And what is the reaction? "Oh, he reckons it won't crash anymore so he's selling up".

That is typical of the sort of the analysis that has been going on here of late. House prices go up, so they will forever. People can borrow 10 billion quid a month, ad infinitum. We don't need a productive economy to back up house prices, instead house prices back up the economy. We don't need FTBs or a property ladder anymore. You lose, ha ha ha.

Get a grip make some sensible arguments, or head over to singing pig, that other great property site...

thanks you so very much for saving me the trouble :)

Look, what we had here was an opportunity not to be missed. I've heard over & over how this event & that event is a sign of an impending crash. It was my chance to point to other signs.

If you can't take that, you're taking the forum & events too seriously.

Look, what we had here was an opportunity not to be missed. I've heard over & over how this event & that event is a sign of an impending crash. It was my chance to point to other signs.

If you can't take that, you're taking the forum & events too seriously.

au contraire Herr Rents, I think you are not taking it seriously enough.

I can see where RichM is coming from but I still think there ought to be hard and difficult questions asked about what the sell of HPC means for this website. The sooner questions and answers are sorted the sooner everything will settle down, rather than lingering suspicions muddying the waters. It all seems a normal reaction to change. So I'll repeat a posting I put in another thread:

Going by the statement by Fubra and Webmaster it would seem to me that the old focus of HPC of arguing for (or at least the high likelihood of) an HPC and hence a 'don't engage with the property market' stance has changed/will change to - don't withdraw from engaging (buying and selling) with the property market, just do your research before you act (and this website will provide the tools to do that). These seem very different stances to me. Earlier in the thread I raised questions about the potential for a conflict of interests between Fubra needing to make money from this website from property commercial led interests versus the HPC argument that it is a very bad time to buy property and that house prices need to fall over a sustained period (probably 2 - 4 years) before it becomes economically sensible to buy property. Surely Fubra will need its HPC community to engage with the tools it provides and the advertising on the site and hence become involved in buying and selling if the tools and advertising are to be financially sustained rather than becoming pointless and a commercial failure?

I'm a little surprised at some posters being so quick in their judgement of - yeah no problems here, no potential conflict of interests, I trust that these developments will not have a watering down/distorting effect on the HPC message. Why so little questioning and so quick to trust? If HPC has taught you anything it is that you should question, question, question before you trust - especially when property and money are interlinked.

So, I remain with my stance of - judgement reserved for now. Just being cautious but hoping it is all ok.

Hey, cruisin for a bruisin, your posts are so insightful and full of useful informed debate. Please stay, your contribution is so worthwhile.

WAL, stay? he ain't new :rolleyes: Registers as a newbie on the site around three in the morning and starts firing off whinging posts about how the obsession in his sad little life [HPC.co.UK] has jilted him.

Word of advice errrrr Vim, spend less time getting angry with HPC members and more time comunicating with your "Shrink" instead..........You ain't got a Shrink ? .....well there you are, that's what is obviously missing in your life :D

Hope that helps ;)

I can see where RichM is coming from but I still think there ought to be hard and difficult questions asked about what the sell of HPC means for this website. The sooner questions and answers are sorted the sooner everything will settle down, rather than lingering suspicions muddying the waters. It all seems a normal reaction to change. So I'll repeat a posting I put in another thread:

Going by the statement by Fubra and Webmaster it would seem to me that the old focus of HPC of arguing for (or at least the high likelihood of) an HPC and hence a 'don't engage with the property market' stance has changed/will change to - don't withdraw from engaging (buying and selling) with the property market, just do your research before you act (and this website will provide the tools to do that). These seem very different stances to me. Earlier in the thread I raised questions about the potential for a conflict of interests between Fubra needing to make money from this website from property commercial led interests versus the HPC argument that it is a very bad time to buy property and that house prices need to fall over a sustained period (probably 2 - 4 years) before it becomes economically sensible to buy property. Surely Fubra will need its HPC community to engage with the tools it provides and the advertising on the site and hence become involved in buying and selling if the tools and advertising are to be financially sustained rather than becoming pointless and a commercial failure?

I'm a little surprised at some posters being so quick in their judgement of - yeah no problems here, no potential conflict of interests, I trust that these developments will not have a watering down/distorting effect on the HPC message. Why so little questioning and so quick to trust? If HPC has taught you anything it is that you should question, question, question before you trust - especially when property and money are interlinked.

So, I remain with my stance of - judgement reserved for now. Just being cautious but hoping it is all ok.

Alfie, check out the posts by user "paulm". He is the guy behind fubra and it looks fine to me, he is obviously bearish about the market and has posted some good info here over the last 18 months or so.

Reassuring. :D