House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

Is The Hpc Sale A Sign?

We all know of famous bear or bull moves, but how about this one?

As the market is about to take off, Webmaster slips off stage with a briefcase full of cash.

You must be joking. :lol: You have surpassed yourself with this post TTRTR. :lol:

As the market is about to take off, Webmaster slips off stage with a briefcase full of cash.

Like the new avatar, TTRTR, definitely an improvement.

Personally I would see it as more of a bearish sign - as the market is about to implode spectacularly and a huge increase in traffic to HPC occur, the site becomes worth said briefcase of cash.

Guest wrongmove

Time to put the cork back in that bubbly, methinks ! :P

Personally I would see it as more of a bearish sign - as the market is about to implode spectacularly and a huge increase in traffic to HPC occur, the site becomes worth said briefcase of cash.

Precisely.

Guest wrongmove

Why sell just before the asset hugely increases in value ? Bit like STRing in 2002....

Am I the only one who thinks the truth is probably more simple ? After about 3 years, maybe Webmaster has just had enough. Selling the site means less work AND a few quid AND we still have our forum.

Win win win.

Presumably the site was sold/valued on the volume of internet traffic that it attracts.

Probably more to do with advertising potential than anything bearish.

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

Why sell just before the asset hugely increases in value ? Bit like STRing in 2002....

Am I the only one who thinks the truth is probably more simple ? After about 3 years, maybe Webmaster has just had enough. Selling the site means less work AND a few quid AND we still have our forum.

Win win win.

Perhaps the increase in value was incorporated into the selling price :ph34r:

Presumably the site was sold/valued on the volume of internet traffic that it attracts.

Probably more to do with advertising potential than anything bearish.

And the site has that level of internet traffic for a reason. Which might be somehow related to a coming HPC :)

I think Webmaster saw the market taking off in the last few months & decided to get out while times were good.

A classic move before the HPC.co.uk crash.

This site has recently had thread after thread after thread discussing the upward reality of the market. He would have been crazy not to sell while he had the chance.

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

Agreed, surely an experienced web co. would not buy hpc if the market was looking like rising.

The avatar's Krusty Arsedrop in pregnant mode, about to spawn a sprog with Phils face on it.

Guest muttley

Just like Rightmove.

That almost sounds like (making money from?) religion ;)

People interpret the movements of markets as being indicative of future trends, due to emergent properties of large groups of people interacting. I think the web could have similar properties.

How is that analogous to a religion? I'm not advocating that we eat anyone or nail people to trees or don't eat pork or anything.

Having Finally seen V for Vendetta I like your avatar better,

I love the way a film like that can put our own lives into perpective,

as for TTRTR's avatar it does suit him - jabba was a nasty ganster interested in extortion profiteering and greed, just wait for the great house price sarlacc

just need Luke pricewalker the last HPC Jedi, along with V to kick start the revolution

Much as I like this website and enjoy the banter, discussion and articles........can anyone explain to me why someone would want to purchase it and meet the costs of running it. Profit or brand would be the usual suspects when doing a buy-out......but I must say i'm having difficulty seeing what the business case is here for it.

Sure there's some opportunity for a few advertsing slots, but in terms of 'brand' it is a bit out on the looney fringe and the the subject matter of quite a negative content.

Having Finally seen V for Vendetta I like your avatar better,

I love the way a film like that can put our own lives into perpective,

as for TTRTR's avatar it does suit him - jabba was a nasty ganster interested in extortion profiteering and greed, just wait for the great house price sarlacc

just need Luke pricewalker the last HPC Jedi, along with V to kick start the revolution

It's the best Moore adaptation yet (though against stuff like LxG that's not saying much, shudder). I do recommend the comic even more highly. Goes into the political ideas a lot more. Prescient stuff given that it was written in the 80s.

As for Jabba, he was into slavery, extortion, smuggling and gunrunning, so his yield was probably much better than TTRTRs.

Much as I like this website and enjoy the banter, discussion and articles........can anyone explain to me why someone would want to purchase it and meet the costs of running it. Profit or brand would be the usual suspects when doing a buy-out......but I must say i'm having difficulty seeing what the business case is here for it.

Sure there's some opportunity for a few advertsing slots, but in terms of 'brand' it is a bit out on the looney fringe and the the subject matter of quite a negative content.

Enormous potential advertising revenue streams, a large database to whom products can be sold, etc. Same as any dotcom.

Enormous potential advertising revenue streams, a large database to whom products can be sold, etc. Same as any dotcom.

I'm not buying anything I tell yah! :blink:

Does this mean that we will get new moderators who allow real discussion?

Also, I read somewhere that the owners of HPC also own Housepriceboom! sort of hedging ones bets!

Maybe webmaster will use the sale proceeds to buy a house!

Does this mean that we will get new moderators who allow real discussion?

Also, I read somewhere that the owners of HPC also own Housepriceboom! sort of hedging ones bets!

Maybe webmaster will use the sale proceeds to buy a house!

Good point. The old moderators must have been sacked from their non-paying jobs & replaced by 20 y.o. office workers who coulcn't care less.

It'll be up to CIUW to test the water with hs creative mind.

doubt it will make any difference, unless you want it to :) OurProperty users on this site have always been bearish, well done WM on the sale :)

well done for selling it, but you would have to be an idiot to buy it.

they cannot have read any of what people say here.

do we sound like a group of people taken in by adverts on the web? :unsure: