House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

An Economics Sub-forum

An economics sub-forum?

A lot of people on here obviously know or think they know a lot about economics.

As I do not know much, it would be useful to have a general economics glossary describing the various things like 'carry trade', and how it might affect HPI.

I think this would be useful, as when I read some of the threads on the main house prices forum, there are invariably lots of terms which I dont have a scooby do about, and how one thing affects another etc.

This might be especially important if we're going to have lots more non-economically educated people reading the forums.

I agree this should definately be done, we have so many people on here who are interested in this but don't know where to start, I'm one of 'em!

There is alot of knowledge to be extracted and it will help relieve some more in depth economic topics from slipping down out of view on the main forum - ones such as the carry trade which could greatly affect house prices.

I do think it would be a good idea. The topics are usually in the main forum, but move off the main page so quickly alot of people don't see it.

Maybe the thread could then be moved to the economics forum, so it can be referenced in future? What do you think new owners?