House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HAL

Nu Lab Mp's Property Portfolio

Lost of interesting articles in the Times today about MP's nose in the trough over expenses on their homes. Blunkett, Blair, Prescot, Kelly etc.. all claiming vastley higher expenses than necassary.

Does anyone know if these same MP's have a property portfolio - and therefore have a vested interest in keeping house prices high - apart from just wanting to keep the economy on a high at the expense of consumer debt and the ill health of the nation?

It would be good to compile a list of who has what - send in your entries and I will format and send to the Webmaster (or press?).

After all it would look really good for MP's to shout about the plight of FTB's when they themselves have amassed property portfolios (probably during their tenure?).

I would'nt be suprised to learn that they have been buying lots of property over the past 9 years - given that they have a good idea of what is comming up from a financial and economic perspective - is this tantamount to insider dealing?

HAL

Lost of interesting articles in the Times today about MP's nose in the trough over expenses on their homes. Blunkett, Blair, Prescot, Kelly etc.. all claiming vastley higher expenses than necassary.

Does anyone know if these same MP's have a property portfolio - and therefore have a vested interest in keeping house prices high - apart from just wanting to keep the economy on a high at the expense of consumer debt and the ill health of the nation?

It would be good to compile a list of who has what - send in your entries and I will format and send to the Webmaster (or press?).

After all it would look really good for MP's to shout about the plight of FTB's when they themselves have amassed property portfolios (probably during their tenure?).

I would'nt be suprised to learn that they have been buying lots of property over the past 9 years - given that they have a good idea of what is comming up from a financial and economic perspective - is this tantamount to insider dealing?

HAL

I wonder if the whole NuLabour thing has been to run up HPI to enrich Labour MPs who have gone multiple BTL? No wonder they are hanging onto policies that they think will perpetuate inflated house prices: low IR despite rampant inflation.

It would be interesting to see their property portfolios. We know TB has a couple of BTLs. How about the "Miracle" man himself?

Register of Members' Interests

'Tony Blair MP':

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/tony_blair/sedgefield

8. Land and Property

Two residential flats in Bristol from which rental income is received.

A residential house in London from which rental income is received.

'David Blunkett MP':

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/david_blu...d%2C_brightside

8. Land and Property

Second home in London, from which I temporarily receive rental income.

'Gordon Brown MP':

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/gordon_br...and_cowdenbeath

[No property interests listed.]

'Ruth Kelly MP':

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/ruth_kelly/bolton_west

[No property interests listed.]

'John Prescott MP':

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/john_pres..._upon_hull_east

Nil [No interests listed at all]

This is all in the Mail on Sunday today. For all those (myself included) who have/do wonder why this crazy state of affairs has gone on for so long it's all there in black and white.

All of our top MP's are shown to have properties coming out of their ears and very healthy bank balances. It's obvious that is it in THEIR interests to keep all this bubbling by fiddling the figures - rather than actually running the country properly for the benefit of those who put them into power, which i once mistakenly thought was the job that they get paid over the odds to do.

I'll add Jessa Jowell: No interests declared in recieving monies from dodgy Italian Leader in return for backing his side of the story in court - honest!

The interests declared section is a laughing stock - there are more loopholes in these rules than substance. Take for example the expenses scam 'we have broken no rules' standard quote coming from their spokes people. The point about this is that properties may be put in the names of spouse or family (e.g. Blunkett with his shares for his 'sons' to get around the rules that are 'quite lax'.

Lets be honest here - if both political parties are able to put donations into the loan category to fund themselves in an anonimous way, then they are quite capable of disguising their personal interests.

Cynical - you bet! When they say one thing and do the opposite it has a tendancy to make you quite suspicious.

HAL

MP's regularly mislead the register of interests and get away with it, just look at Jowell's entry, you will not see the following :-

"$600,000 laundered bribe from Italian mafia, multipule cases of mortgage laundering to off-shore hedge-funds".

Allowances for travel and second homes are widly abused, I believe a few MP's had the audacity to sub-let their subsidised homes.