House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

House Price Sites

"How much did they pay - property on your street

If you're an avid curtain twitcher, who'd love to know how much your neighbours have paid for their homes in your street - housefund has picked out a website for you and it doesn't charge for viewings!

As part of our revamp, we'll be picking out a worthy website for recommendation in helping you pick out your dream home. Our top website this week is with Yahoo! Finance, where you can enter your postcode or street address and find out every price paid, for every property sold, anywhere in England, Scotland and Wales - and it's all free."

http://uk.houseprices.yahoo.net/

http://www.housefund.co.uk/2006/04/how-muc...ty-on-your.html

Yahoo is not fully updated as some properties which have sold this year are not showing, whereas on nethouseprices.co.uk do show them

They`ll get there, it`s all the same feed from land reg., the difference is Yahoo can chuck 50 gimps at it to make it work. I like the front end map, that`s a bit different and the right way to access for the majority who are yet to cotton on.

Firstrung nearly bought into the feed, approx 17K from land reg, now yahoo are going to give it away for nought to property portals..ouch..feel a bit for the guys who paid for it... :(

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...1693&cat=47-0-0

Edited by Converted Lurker

LR raw data, is the only house price indicator to monitor.

websites that show that data, like Yahoo’s area average search,

shows how various prices can affect the average published by ODPM.

Also the time lag?

I know of one person who bought and is now living in the property for 3 months, still no LR.

Yet one house in my street was on the registry and still had a ‘sold’ board up?

LR raw data, is the only house price indicator to monitor.

websites that show that data, like Yahoo’s area average search,

shows how various prices can affect the average published by ODPM.

Also the time lag?

I know of one person who bought and is now living in the property for 3 months, still no LR.

Yet one house in my street was on the registry and still had a ‘sold’ board up?

I thought yahoo was using the raw LR data?

Yes... that's why I love it :wub:

Edit: But it also shows how averages and time lag, 'could' affect the 'official line' being fed to us?.

Sorry misunderstood, all I know is the `ickle scamps are giving away something that would have cost a lot to implement.

Now there`s an idea :rolleyes:

Not being an entrepreneur myself, I wondered how much a leading US internet company would pay for links to its site :lol:

I always use houseprices.co.uk – simple text match search with some wildcards, no registration, clean and fast, and up to 100 entries per page for a quick cut-and-paste into Excel. Also has the beginnings of nice mapping thingy. :)

Edited by spline

Not being an entrepreneur myself, I wondered how much a leading US internet company would pay for links to its site :lol:

Not sure what you mean..? :blink:

I always use houseprices.co.uk – simple text match search with some wildcards, no registration, clean and fast, and up to 100 entries per page for a quick cut-and-paste into Excel. Also has the beginnings of nice mapping thingy. :)

I like that site too ;)