House Price Crash Forum

Is This Forum In Decline?

Harry Sacks

HOLA441

It's getting very stale on the main board (bored!). Could this be the beginning of the end? Has anyone been using other forums recently, any recommendations?

It's a shame, I've found this forum rather inspiring over the years. Too many calling a sterling crisis has done it for me recently though!

HOLA442

It's getting very stale on the main board (bored!). Could this be the beginning of the end? Has anyone been using other forums recently, any recommendations?

It's a shame, I've found this forum rather inspiring over the years. Too many calling a sterling crisis has done it for me recently though!

Have you tried Mumsnet?

HOLA443

Hmmm. I'm afraid I have to agree there dom.

I think over the past two or three weeks at least there have been fewer and fewer guests and members online. I dont think the quality of debate has gone, rather the last of the bears are turning bullish - there has been a loss of faith among some members.

Dispite this I think the forum will survive.

Keep the faith!

HOLA444

Hmmm. I'm afraid I have to agree there dom.

I think over the past two or three weeks at least there have been fewer and fewer guests and members online. I dont think the quality of debate has gone, rather the last of the bears are turning bullish - there has been a loss of faith among some members.

Dispite this I think the forum will survive.

Keep the faith!

I'm sure the forum will survive for many years, but do agree with Dom - the last few weeks have been much poorer than the previous year. I'm not sure why as the resurgence in sales and asking prices in many areas should have given greater scope for discussion.

Perhaps a change in ownership will give a chance for some re-jigging of the forums which may freshen things up a bit.

HOLA445

yes

HOLA446

I took a break from HPC a few weeks ago, mainly because I seemed to be reading the same old stuff, but also, so I could form an informed but uninfluenced opinion on where I thought the economy/HPI was going. I think you have to do it every now and then, if only for your own sanity.

I came back just over a week ago and to be honest, I've been reading the investment section more than the main forum. I think it's looking bleak on the main forum because there's no news (supprising considering we've recently had a budget), there is pretty much nothing happening, so most news is anecdotal. Besides, at the risk of sounding fluffy, I think HPC is going through somewhat of an identity crisis, there seems to be more in the way of discussion about what we should be doing and how we are perceived, there are so may people on the forum now that it was bound to happen. Hopefully things will straighten out in the next few weeks.

HOLA447

HOLA448

just goes to show - i am ahead of my time.

i got bored of the main boards yonks ago ;)

prob is (imo) we got a board dedicated to discussing whether there will be a HPC.

is happening as we speak (again imo) so really - where is the debate?

i have said this before (so soz for boring peeps) but have been taught recently by a good mate of mine that it doesn't matter if ure going over old ground - theres always newbs around .... :)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

the whole argument is as old-hat as the phenomena it seeks to deride.

the board has been declared dead on a regular basis ever since I joined.

One's honeymoon period passes, then one moves onto the next level of spiritual understanding on the journey to HPC nirvana...

Archived