House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FTBagain

Vicious Circles

If the housing market is to fall we need a few of these to develop and tighten. The faster the better. Thought of a couple,

Unemployment rises - fewer people spending uneployment rises further.

Unemployment rises - fewer job locals take what is on offer squeazing out the immigrants leading to fewer immigrants reducing demand on housing, values fall people spend less, more uneployment.

Why is any talk of immigration regarded as racist?

In theory telling a joke about a Scottish person being tight, The Welsh sh*gging sheep, Thee Irish being stupid, a Scouser being a thief. These can all be regarded as racist IF you really wanted to be pedantic.

Immigration is not RACE specific. Immigration is a serious issue. As far as I know, you seek refuge in the nearest bordering country and the UK is the last in line of Europe. Does this mean that FRANCE has a DICTATORSHIP and we are getting all the people the French dont want?

The Immigration laws in the country are very LAX. If we take in people and they are good citizens that add to the country and ABIDE by our laws then fine. But like everything else, its needs monitoring.

My so-called 'racist' views are the immigrants that come to this country and commit crimes, sponge off the country and get treated better than the citizens that have paid taxes all their life. I could not care if this person is WHITE, GREEN or BLACK my views are still the same. It has nothing to do with their religion or colour of skin.

IMMIGRATION is very interesting and is NOT RACIST

TB

I have not intended to upset Scottish, Welsh and Irish. I am pointing out 'stereo-typical' views. Sorry if any offence was caused.

obviously the NuLabor Stasi are monitoring posts

off to the Gulags for me shortly

mind you

just watched that Cameron on telly

promising a Brave Blue World

just remember this

whenever politicians start promising a Brave Nu World

it usually ends in lies, corruption, and war

i honestly cant see me voting again for a long long time

Guest horace

>> teddyboy

" As far as I know, you seek refuge in the nearest bordering country and the UK is the last in line of Europe."

unquote.

Staggering stupidity!!!

And you have the vote? What next?

h

In theory telling a joke about a Scottish person being tight, The Welsh sh*gging sheep, Thee Irish being stupid, a Scouser being a thief. These can all be regarded as racist IF you really wanted to be pedantic.

that is being racist...!!

you couldnt be any lower, even if you were a ground hugging highlander with a hunch.

My so-called 'racist' views are the immigrants that come to this country and commit crimes, sponge off the country and get treated better than the citizens that have paid taxes all their life. I could not care if this person is WHITE, GREEN or BLACK my views are still the same. It has nothing to do with their religion or colour of skin.

Prey tell, do you get just as offended about born and bred british "commit crimes, sponge off the country and get treated better than the citizens that have paid taxes all their life"? Because I do. But then I am an immigrant that has paid taxes for 10 years. As you say, it has nothing to do with religion or colour of skin, and quite frankly every culture breeds this kind of sponging, life sucking, vampire trash to some extent or other. I agree that their should be less opportunities to do so, but that should be applied equality to all individuals in the country.

The are two significant tendencies that seem to compliment each other in this country. That of the victim and that of the bully. Its an unbalanced pendulum within the culture that forces everyone to constantly be stepping into one steriotype or the other. They are both promoted equally by government. (witness Alistar Cambell and Peter Mandelson. Witness what happens when a man steps in to protect a woman being attacked on the street - he gets charged with assault. The bully is recreated as the victim. The police get an assault on their books without the dangers inherent in taking on a violent character - in fact they collude with the violent character to reestablish the order of non involvement and caring.)

As far as I am concerned spongers from any place are just one type of bully - a passive agressive willingness to steal charity from those that they despise* Politicians in this country just take the subservient position towards anyone who stands up and bullies and act like battered wives (or husbands), making victim excuses for their bullying partners. Amongst those who obey the rules they take a dominating position in the pretence that they have are in control of the state. Its about the shadow of weakness that underlies the obsession with power.

*credit to Cold Chisel for the Aussies watching!

Edited by Elizabeth

My so-called 'racist' views are the immigrants that come to this country and commit crimes, sponge off the country and get treated better than the citizens that have paid taxes all their life.

Ourside Liverpool its often claimed that scousers 'commit crimes, sponge off the country and get treated better than the citizens that have paid taxes all their life'!

If the housing market is to fall we need a few of these to develop and tighten. The faster the better. Thought of a couple,

Unemployment rises - fewer people spending uneployment rises further.

Unemployment rises - fewer job locals take what is on offer squeazing out the immigrants leading to fewer immigrants reducing demand on housing, values fall people spend less, more uneployment.

I agree, send them back to their own country, and stop anymore coming in for that matter and no, I'm not racist either.

Guest horace

People like you do my head in.

I think Chavs would use this type of phrase. ;)

Are they and Columbo related? I think we should be told.

h.

Oh dear.

I'm afraid you won't have a choice about whether or not you want to be a racist, before long.

HPI is going to affect the birth rate very severely, very soon - people can't afford to have children, or as many children as they would like. People of childbearing age will be paying off their student debts and saving to buy a house well into their 30's.

We will need immigrants to pay for your pensions, people. Better let them in, don't you think?

>> FTBagain

Are you a racist?

h

NO I am not. Immigration is the movement of people, regardless of race colour or creed, to find a better life for themselves and there families.

It is an entirely fair and reasonable thing to do. I have NO problem with it one way or another. In fact as immigrants tend to be more highly motivated (as demonstrated by them taking such a difficult decission and acting on it) they tend to bring much benefit to the country the go to.

The problem is for any country that is on the receiving end of an immigration movement, is that it can often find itself struggling to meet demand for capital items such as housing, thus prices can go up. Immigration, of course is not the only reason house prices go up.

My reason for putting that one in was to try and highlight the fact that immigration can reverse, hopefully debunking the ideas that have been floating around in the press that the high house prices are going stay because of immigration. Utter nonsense.

I should have been clear in my post. I thought people were smarter. My misstake!

And once again. I AM NOT A RACIST! Got it!!

ONE RACE - THE HUMAN RACE

We're all the same under the skin?

Apparently we're not.

A shortage of minority marrow donors continues to be a major problem for African-Americans, Asians, Hispanics and American Indians suffering from diseases of the blood and immune system such as leukemia and lymphoma.

http://www.leukemia-web.org/aml-leukemia-n...r-news-0097.htm

There is currently a chronic shortage of Asian organ donors, which means patients from these communities typically wait three or four times longer than average for a life-saving transplant

http://www.uhb.nhs.uk/news/press_releases/07_05.htm

acute shortage of blood types common to Asians leaving them at severe risk when requiring urgent blood transfusions

http://www.mvuk.co.uk/feature_view.asp?feature_id=30

We're all the same under the skin?

Apparently we're not.

A shortage of minority marrow donors continues to be a major problem for African-Americans, Asians, Hispanics and American Indians suffering from diseases of the blood and immune system such as leukemia and lymphoma.

http://www.leukemia-web.org/aml-leukemia-n...r-news-0097.htm

There is currently a chronic shortage of Asian organ donors, which means patients from these communities typically wait three or four times longer than average for a life-saving transplant

http://www.uhb.nhs.uk/news/press_releases/07_05.htm

acute shortage of blood types common to Asians leaving them at severe risk when requiring urgent blood transfusions

http://www.mvuk.co.uk/feature_view.asp?feature_id=30

I'm not sure what you're driving at here. My girlfriend, being of West African extraction, is lactose intolerant (I am not). East Africans dominate long distance running, West Africans are better sprinters. Europeans do best at middle distances. So, different attributes can be found, of course.

It doesn't change the fact that you may have more in common, genetically, with an Indonesian peasant than Mrs Bloggs who lived nextdoor for 15 years. The characteristics referred to above are just a small proportion of a vast range that distinguish you from every other person on earth