House Price Crash Forum
iLegallyBlonde

I Have Decided I'm Going To Influtrate The Vi's

Purely so I can work around my children's schooling It's ceratinly not something I would choose to do but I am hoping I can single handedly orchestrate the local crash, without getting sacked !

Any tips ?????

Goodness me.

I think you should point people to sites like houseprices.co.uk, also tell them not to over stretch on the mortgage - use the line "if you can't afford it, who can?"

Oh, and report to us on a daily basis with all your stories!

terrified you have lots of choices:

I can give you a bung

You could leave all your morales at home when leaving house

You could practice lying through your teeth without laughing or going red

What you should not do:

Wear a badge of the 'Whistleblower'

Speak your mind ... you WILL get sacked

Sell your kids down the swanny! HPI is going to affect them too

On a serious note... do what your conscious tells you... you are a sales woman/man so its you job to sell. Just do it in an honourable way. If people are going to buy then get the best price for the seller but please TALK DOWN the sellers if they are greedy fookers!

Good Luck... May the force be with you

TB

Purely so I can work around my children's schooling It's ceratinly not something I would choose to do but I am hoping I can single handedly orchestrate the local crash, without getting sacked !

Any tips ?????

Dig as much dirt as you possibly can. Read "Liar's Poker" as a rough guide. Then write a book that blows the lid off the whole scene. If you're lucky you might even get to choose which Hollywood star plays you in the movie.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

:lol::lol: Good luck ! I know you're located in Stratford, so any honest insights into the Warwickshire market would be appreciated, either publicly or by PM ... ;)

Guest Winners and Losers

Dig as much dirt as you possibly can. Read "Liar's Poker" as a rough guide. Then write a book that blows the lid off the whole scene. If you're lucky you might even get to choose which Hollywood star plays you in the movie.

Billy Shears

:lol::lol:

The title of the blockbuster could indeed be "Terrified".

You always have been an estate agent

Well if she is she has never come across as anything awful from that paticular slime pit environment. I mean, a girl's gotta eat! Terri, have fun. What is your job? Don't let them sucker you into buying a house (don't get caught up in the abandon, and if any of your sale starved colleagues siddle up to you and go "wanna buy a house little girl?" do what your mother told you... yeah that's right kick em in the nuts and run away!!!!)

I'm actually up on the wirral and no I haven't actually started this "job" and believe me it really is a last resort I'm far from happy about it but I figured that EA's make money no matter what the market is doing it's just a case of volume sales or highly priced !

But I do think I can do good deeds, trust me the local first time buyers will be utterly terrified by the time I've finished with them.

And of course I'll be off on maternity leave in 8.5 months, another few thousand off their bottom line :P

Edited by terrified

I'm actually up on the wirral and no I haven't actually started this "job" and believe me it really is a last resort I'm far from happy about it but I figured that EA's make money no matter what the market is doing it's just a case of volume sales or highly priced !

But I do think I can do good deeds, trust me the local first time buyers will be utterly terrified by the time I've finished with them.

And of course I'll be off on maternity leave in 8.5 months, another few thousand off their bottom line :P

I'm a bit worried now. Remember subtlety. Be fair and remember the market will fall in small increments. The price today is the price today whatever you think personally. 5K off the first-time, 3K off the next... So unfortunately their will be buying loosers against next years price and more against the year afters, and that is not your fault or your problem!!!

Unless you have a stack of properties on your hands and no buyers, in which case you are well positioned to talk the market down :(;):D A lot of people have a very finely tuned bullshite radar. That is why they don't like EAs in the first place. You wanted advice? Don't mean to be patronising, but I had a very salient experience in the last week with someone who was trying to pretend that we were leading to a natural conclusion when it was only too obvious that they were pushing an agenda. Don't overplay your hand girlfriend!... and don't ever mention the HPC website except in the context of talking up the market a bit too brightly and as an throwaway comment of the "yeah, their are people who think their will be a crash. Whatever :blink: " denouncing the site that your client has never heard of as a bunch of moaners, its not going to happen etc. :lol::lol::lol: (Hey. I'd make a great troll :o )

The Barnard Effect: people see what they expect to see.

My thinking is, they expect estate agents to be dishonest, but generally take people at face value. They will only kick in their contraindicative thinking if the estate agent feels as slippery as the stereotype!!!

Edited by Elizabeth

I hear you, I am keen to save younger people from disater but at the end of the day my job will be to show people houses and I shall aim to be no better and no worse than the current staff, so answering the phone and making the tea.

I hear you, I am keen to save younger people from disater but at the end of the day my job will be to show people houses and I shall aim to be no better and no worse than the current staff, so answering the phone and making the tea.

I think your main aim should be not to get the sack in the first month!

Any tips ?????

The trouble is, the job must be commision based, so being a bear will mean you have trouble earning money.

Any tips ?????

Spend some time with a spellchecker.

Guest Winners and Losers

I was going to suggest you did the same with an accountant ;)

Ladies, ladies! ;)

You should be calling each other foul names instead, like me and Elizabeth!

Guest Winners and Losers

It's Elizabeth and I :P

Damn! I knew I should have used the grammar checker. Now I'll have to have a b*tch fight with Karen too.

;)