House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

City's House Prices Are Up By 20%

House prices in Swansea have shot up by 20 per cent in the last year, a report claims today. Figures achieved by sellers in the city outstrip increases anywhere else in Wales, says Nationwide.

Over the last quarter alone, house prices in Swansea have shot up by six per cent. That compares to a rise of one per cent over the same period in Cardiff.

House seller Ian Jones, aged 32, currently trying to sell a two-bedroom flat in the marina said: "I will believe it when I see it.

"I have had my property on the market for four months at a realistic price and still no real takers.

"It is not what it once was.''

Full article:

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayN...me=filtersearch

Same sort of nonsense being spun in South Cambridgeshire also. Might be a case of one expensive house selling thereby skewing the stats. Huge increases like these seem to be where the market is dead and only a few upscale properties are moving. The anecdotal comment by the wanna-be seller says it all.

Its a war out there now and who wins the minds of the sheeple wins the HPI vs. HPC contest. :lol:

House seller Ian Jones, aged 32, currently trying to sell a two-bedroom flat in the marina said: "I will believe it when I see it.

"I have had my property on the market for four months at a realistic price and still no real takers.

"It is not what it once was.''

That`s more like it!A friend who has loverly house in Morriston,Swansea needs to sell.Started @ £160,000 four months ago and despite a 20k drop to £140,000 has had just one viewing.

I wish it was the same round here in Bath. Lots of very expensive stuff sticking, but the cheaper end of the market is 'flying off the shelves'. Most of it turns up on the To Let listing. Available rented property has gone up 200% in six or seven months.

BLT muppets live in Bath <_<

Cann't wait till they all go bust. :angry: