House Price Crash Forum

My Enormous Payrise

HOLA441

Dear all,

I just got a pay rise of 3.6% today, despite the fact that I received a glowing assessment from my boss 6 weeks ago.

Knowing full well that the government is lying to us regarding inflation (my guess is that it is 6-8% - I am being generous here given that the money supply is increasing by 10% a year), I have just in fact received an effective pay cut.

Great. Council tax spirals up way ahead of inflation, as do energy costs, as does everything else, except it would seem, my wages. Meanwhile the local council are busy recruiting more 'Excellence Cluster Coordinators'.

Oh, and house prices are gonna crash soon...I hope they take the economy with them - I've had enough!!

Marvellous.

I'll get me coat. :(

HOLA442

Dear all,

I just got a pay rise of 3.6% today, despite the fact that I received a glowing assessment from my boss 6 weeks ago.

Knowing full well that the government is lying to us regarding inflation (my guess is that it is 6-8% - I am being generous here given that the money supply is increasing by 10% a year), I have just in fact received an effective pay cut.

Great. Council tax spirals up way ahead of inflation, as do energy costs, as does everything else, except it would seem, my wages. Meanwhile the local council are busy recruiting more 'Excellence Cluster Coordinators'.

Oh, and house prices are gonna crash soon...I hope they take the economy with them - I've had enough!!

Marvellous.

Dear Marko

You don't have to tell me - I know how you feel.

Yet some British citizens still somehow believe that the economy is in great shape... the Blair Brainwashing spin-dryer is still working effectively.

I've had enough too. Do you wanna share a cab?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Winners and Losers

look on the bright side, least they havent made you redundant :o:unsure:

Yeah, and house prices are rising. :unsure:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest Winners and Losers

Marko,

Yep at least you still have work mate - the only comfort you can take from this. It's sh@t!

WAL - you are being very sarcastic/humourous today...... has Mr WAL stepped up to the mark and changed your mood?

SH

You obviously havent been here long enough SH, WAL is always sarcastic. No, Mr WAL not expected until tomorrow. It must be the anticipation. ;)

HOLA4410

Currently negotiating salary with emlployer.

Lastest offer 3.2% plus a bonus of 2.5K.

They must be struggling at the moment, the company I work for is........................

................An OIL MAJOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Dear all,

Marvellous.

I got slightly below that. Unfortunately, my employers have now rigged an assesment system that makes it almost impossible to be a high acheiver adn now moves the target as it sees fit to make the numbers match. Also, they have asked to make additional and unpaid contributions to work by up to 20% extra time. In other words, a whopper of a pay cut in real terms.

:lol:

:huh:

Edit: Inflation is the only way out for the UK and US and this is the kind of scam that happens. First a supposidly dodgy inflation measure, then the sneakier ways of forcing it on to the individual. The market knows it (Gold/commodities), but does the man on the street recognise it?

Am I coming back to my bearish roots now?

Edited by Golden Shower

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

The pensioners did alright also--I think it was a rate of inflation increase of 2%. Just enough to cover the council tax rise perhaps. Not enough to cover the 44% increase in fuel though.

Realistically though, we can't expect pay rises or more jobs will go overseas where houses are cheaper and people can work for lower wages.

HOLA4418

I got about 4.6 % I was was supposed to be one of the lucky ones.

Believe me City payrises and bonuses are not as big as you think.

Only a select few get the money

I imagine 4.6% of what you earn is about 80% of what I do!!

HOLA4419

I agree on the bonus' definately being limited - before leaving in december i was working at one of the main management consultancy pirates - i left shortly after getting my reviewed package for the next year.

my payrise was about 1.5% - and that was for a 'good' rating. those that got excellent only got about 4%. people higher up the food chain also got naff pay rises. all in all the mood was very much one of discontentment.

i'd put up with crap payrises from my previous employer, and on joining the pirate ship was promised pots of gold on an ever increasing scale, when it didn't materialise then i left.

i now work for myself and although i'm not on target this year to earn the same as when aboard the pirate ship, i'm much happier working 12 hours a day for my own enterprise rather than someone elses!

HOLA4420

Sadly 3.6% is enormous to far too many, including me.

My company have delayed until after easter handing out our "review" letters. We have had no explanation, though I have surmised it will be influenced by how many accept the recent job offers issued. And don't get it wrong, they are only hiring because they have to. They have let many go without replacement over the last few years and then a recent exodus/baby boom put them in the sh!t.

I am expecting 2% this year, which it has been the previous 2 years. To compensate I have become much more than 2% less committed. The meeting will interesting this year, as I will be unloading a barrage of facts and figures that'll make their ears bleed, and shame the shameless.

I am heartened also that so many of my colleagues are actively seeking jobs elsewhere. The best thing is the management are oblivious. Hell mend them.

NDL

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I got about 4.6 % I was was supposed to be one of the lucky ones.

Believe me City payrises and bonuses are not as big as you think.

Only a select few get the money

I read in CityAM the other week that the average city worker gets paid 49K, not much really when you look at the cost of living in London.

You live in one of the richest countries in the world you work in an industry that has seen multi-billion pound profits, and you the average worker (who no doubt works hard for the money speaking to the people I know) gets paid 49K which is not enough to buy your average London house.

HOLA4425

I read in CityAM the other week that the average city worker gets paid 49K, not much really when you look at the cost of living in London.

You live in one of the richest countries in the world you work in an industry that has seen multi-billion pound profits, and you the average worker (who no doubt works hard for the money speaking to the people I know) gets paid 49K which is not enough to buy your average London house.

If wages get too high in the City more corporations will export jobs to countries where wages are lower due to lower cost of housing etc.