House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

What Is Going On In My Quiet Road?

and at the bottom of the road, where the quiet pensioners live in their bungalows, 4 of them are for sale and the scrounging baby boomers havn`t snuffed it :P Strange times..reminds me of when the fumagation man came to get rid of the wasp nest under our patio. In real estate terms this is an exodus <_< But WTF do they all go? How do you downsize from a bungalow?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

and at the bottom of the road, where the quiet pensioners live in their bungalows, 4 of them are for sale and the scrounging baby boomers havn`t snuffed it :P Strange times..reminds me of when the fumagation man came to get rid of the wasp nest under our patio. In real estate terms this is an exodus <_< But WTF do they all go? How do you downsize from a bungalow?

the over 60s had bigger liabilities than any other age group. With an average debt of £52,000, they owed more than three times the £15,000 owed by under 30s

Maybe they`re moving to a little flat to pay off their secret debts. ;)

Boomers are the most indebted generation ever. Generation X may have the most short term debt but it is nothing compared with the hideous mountain of credit taken on by the post 1945 generation.

My guess is that the bungalow dwellers are moving to warmer and cheaper climes. Maybe to get away from Gordon Brown and the CHAV culture? Some might be seeing hard times ahead now that the wealth of the nation in the form of NS Oil is about to run out and there is nothing left other than high house prices to keep the country going. HPI and MEW kept us from "Poor man of Europe" status since the mid-90's but with the economic cycle turning toward financial reality the good times are probably over until we can regain competitiveness through lower production costs.

The bungalow owners may have reached the same conclusion and see the next 25 years as pretty bleak. Thank you Mr. Brown for all that cheap credit and debt you have saddled us ALL with. The "Miracle" man may well have engineered the most disastrous economy known to history given the level of debt that has to be repaid.

Why not? Sell high now and take the profit, after all they have the rest of their lives to live on it. Why not rent...If you don't your home will be taken from you anyway to pay for any nursing fees of the future.

Thank you Mr. Brown for all that cheap credit and debt you have saddled us ALL with. The "Miracle" man may well have engineered the most disastrous economy known to history given the level of debt that has to be repaid.

Surely this debt is "serviceable" :lol:

Most of us are along for the ride - short of emigrating with the boomers mentioned...

People are always saying " But property is my pension."

Could this be the new trend... Sell to live. ;)

The last gasp of the dying man that is the property market? D`ya know I`ll ask a couple of them where they`re off to, this is very strange for our road and these tidy `ickle bungalows. Greedy arl gets are all asking for 200K+ though :unsure:

The last gasp of the dying man that is the property market? D`ya know I`ll ask a couple of them where they`re off to, this is very strange for our road and these tidy `ickle bungalows. Greedy arl gets are all asking for 200K+ though :unsure:

So have you asked them? Where are they off to, and Why?

maybe they're all owned by a BTL'er selling up :P

Would be interesting to find out, although I wouldn't have thought a bungalow would have been a serious BTL'ers property of choice, but I could be wrong. B)