House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

Housing The Chinese Way

In chinese cities they have a very nice way of creating so much needed housing.

China is becoming a city dweller country every year millions of people leave the countryside and take up residence in the growing cities.This obviously causes all kind of problems in accomadations.

So the chinese have took on an idea of building smart, stylish tower blocks for people to live in, much like we have for commerce here.

What they do is build the shell of the property and build it fast, dividing it up into apartments put a water and electricity point at the front door and thats it.

You walk into what is a empty shell thus can improve as you can afford it, you can add partitions where-ever you like, put the kitchen and bathroom wherever you like ect ect.And you can do this while you earn not on a mortgage.

To me this seems a very intresting idea as most costs involved in building a house are not on the structure itself but in the internal fitting out.Also you get a indivualism unlike building every internal flat the same as they do here.Its great for the builders as well as there responsibility ends at the structure, they aint going back and forth doing a snagging list.Also the person buying it is not having to pay for the decorating of it twice, or ripping the kitchen out becuase they dont like it ect, which is all dead money.

I believe this is one way to super speed up the building process that would suit everyone

Edited by homeless

But but but.... how will estate agents sell them if they don't know how many bedrooms are going to be in them? And there's no granite countertops and chrome downlighters to mesmerize the FTBs with?

Muhahahahaha!

No in all honesty that does sound interesting, I personally think most apartments are shockingly poorly laid out and would welcome the opportunity to do it better than the so called architects the developer muppets use. It may just be a case that the apartments are way too pokey though....

I agree - this is an excellent idea. Floating floor and ceiling would cover all facilities, and then you get to choose how to allocate space.

It'll never happen over here though.

EA's would have to do very unplesent things like including the floor area of the property in the selling blurb. In the UK, they currently avoid telling people how little they are buying by never mentioning the floor area - as is common in a lot of other countries.

EA's would have to do very unplesent things like including the floor area of the property in the selling blurb. In the UK, they currently avoid telling people how little they are buying by never mentioning the floor area - as is common in a lot of other countries.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at above. The floor area is generally in there for purchasers (but you'll have to add it up yourself). Places for rent there's no way of finding out short of bringing measuring tape to the viewing, the agents themselves won't know generally.

SO they're selling concrete boxes? Sounds like UK council housing to me.

TTRTR, all housing is concrete (or brick or whatever) boxes when you get down to it. To pretend otherwise and put the focus on granite countertops and fancy baths is ******** surely?

Lets face it in 20 years time most people will have that stuff replaced anyway and all you're really left with is a box of a particular size in a particular location.

Naturally, tenants will expect a slightly higher spec finish than bare concrete though :)

I d snap up one - and then divide it up into 10 magnoliarised, laminatised studio flats and sell it on, or rent them out, waiting for capital appreciation; for a STONKING PROFIT!

No give me 100 of them instead

<_<

Edited by notanewmember

SO they're selling concrete boxes? Sounds like UK council housing to me.

Far from it TTRTR, once the interiors are designed and built the result is often stunning. Like my sister-in-law's place in China.

In the small city that my wife's family live, they are seeing a great number of these apartment blocks being built and they look very beautiful. Indeed everything is being built on an American scale with a Chinese style.

Andrew

keeping the costs low on initial purchase is realy what we should be aiming for.

Our government assumes we all want to walk into a ready made home and this is the scam they have used to cheat us all outta property.examples i give are.

the 500,000 homes in the north that are run down, there idea is to flog off to big companies so they can do them up and thus now make them quite un-affordable.The idea of these companies is to buy up very cheaply by forced orders lots of streets of them them do them up and sell hence getting there profit.

why dont they put these up for auction?

well becuase its big buisness with the hand in the trough is why

Next you have the council housing sell off.What there doing here is running down council housing schemes, what they do is board out a few places making them worse and worse till they reach the point no-one wants to live there and then they site this reason for passing onto a developer.ie housing association ect.And yet at the same time we all know that there is huge council housing waiting lists so ewhats the idea here?

why not give them for the nominal 1 pound to everyone on the council housing waiting list instead, perhaps put in a 5 year max to improve or return.

but no they feel its better to let big buissness once again do this.

Then you have land banks in the uk by big buisnesses while at the other end there is talk of house shortages, well if there is why aint they building.well simple realy its better to keep up demand.

so why not here build the chinese way, make them forced to build this way, i dont see much of a shortage of skilled labour to build these either thats a load of bull.There good at importing as much economic labour when it suits them aint they.but alas not to increase the building of housing ehhhh :).

Perhaps the game here is to buy a apartment site ourselves, then hire a eastern european contractor to build the structure and hand over to each paid member there shell apartment to do as they wish.

Also not only are they content to sell the property are huge prices but also the huge scam of maintenance charges is nicely added in so they get repeat money for ever more.Nice work if you can get it ehhh.

To me this stinks of timeshare, its basically the same principle except the whole apartment is paid for a yearly instead of weekly time frame.Im sure this is where the idea for this came from.150 a month in maintenance charged they can bugger off.

Edited by homeless