House Price Crash Forum
Catch22

A Place In The Sun

Valencia prices are going up 1K a week buy now quick quick quick......don't you just Looooove Amanda Lamb

They are spending all their savings and some because its their pension .......yer right :rolleyes:

Edited by Catch22

so what the hell happens to FTB who cant afford a house to LIVE in let alone a SECOND HOME AS A PENSION????

Are the young going to be screwed FOREVER?

The young will be worked to death all in the name of the Boomers. :angry:

I haven't watched this for a while, it is disgusting.

36% in a year, because of a yacht race :blink: and it WILL be worth more next year.

WHat the hell is wrong with people. Why do they even want to buy somewhere tying them to go there on holiday every year whether they get bored or not. And they are SO excited, like they are doing something really daring, like giving up work and starting their own businesses, when they are simply borrowing money and signing a few documents.

Maybe there is something wrong with me because I just don't get it.

The young will be worked to death all in the name of the Boomers. :angry:

Sure as hell didn't not look like Boomers to me, more like the " to selfish to have kids because we are to busy living the dream Thirty Somethings"

And now it's "No Going Back" in France same Channel.......yep its them darn "Thirty Somethings" again buying up more properties :rolleyes:

Come on Shakerbaby get with the program :)

Edited by Catch22

I'm sorry but what is the story with Amanda Lamb...........her "advice" on that dreadful program was just bloody terrible. "Property is going up £4K a month so you really ought buy on this trip" (i.e. you first visit out here).

She was practically bullying them into making a rash decision.........surely buying a house is not something to be taken lightly and the benefit of plenty of viewings and a few nights discussing/taking time out doesn't hurt.

I can only assume she has a vested interest is fuelling demand here, anyone got any idea of her other business interests - no doubt she gets appearance fees at development seminars etc. I know Kirsty and Phil have their own "finders" business I assume she has something similar?

That program had little do do with "life in the Sun" and it was all about money making potential.

"Amanda Lamb (born 1972 in Portsmouth, Hampshire, England) is a British television presenter and former model. She worked as an estate agent for five years and then became a model. In 2001, she became the main presenter of the Channel 4 programme A Place in the Sun. She was the face of the Scottish Widows advertising campaign but was replaced in 2005. "

Well as an Estate agent and one time model I would say her credentials for offering sound advice on investments/pensions is pretty thin................

Well as an Estate agent and one time model I would say her credentials for offering sound advice on investments/pensions is pretty thin................

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is it just me (or my telly) but has she been eating loads of pies? :unsure:

That program had little do do with "life in the Sun" and it was all about money making potential.

...but she was the face of Scottish Widows-surely she understands investments? :blink:

Valencia prices are going up 1K a week buy now quick quick quick......don't you just Looooove Amanda Lamb

They are spending all their savings and some because its their pension .......yer right :rolleyes:

invest in something that is going up £1000 on pure speculation?

This "Property Blindness" is not enough to explain away this level of stupidity..

invest your pensions... this is no more then a pyramid scheme...

the only value increase is from foreign speculators selling to foreign speculators..

dicks..

some will make money..

I will be of earning mine

mmmmm… yeah she did look familiar, but looking at her you’d not really guess modelling was one of her previous careers!

Valencia is lovely, but the area by the port is not that nice (despite having a beach).

My reaction to an area having gone up 36% in a year is “am I too late to benefit from the gains?”, “has the America’s cup effect already been priced in?” and “past performance is no guarantee of future returns”. My reaction is not, it’s gone up 36% therefore it’s a good investment. The couple chose well buying in the established area in my opinion (given they were buying somewhere).

The personal highlight for me was when the camera panned across the street just before they went into the last apartment block. Lamby (as I shall call her… I wonder, is Amanda or Alan the heavier Lamb?) was describing the area as “already gentrified” as her faithfull lensman swept past a typical, grafitti-strewn continental city centre wall.

Edited by Father Fred

On this site Amanda offers her top tips for buying abroad:

http://www.aplaceinthesunlive.com/property...erty-abroad.htm

Not much evidence of these in that program:

6. Try to visit the property at different times of the day

8. Try to visit the area at different times of the year.....

9. Make sure that you meet your neighbours.........

10. Last but not least, try to take a friend out house-hunting with you..........

On this site Amanda offers her top tips for buying abroad:

http://www.aplaceinthesunlive.com/property...erty-abroad.htm

Not much evidence of these in that program:

6. Try to visit the property at different times of the day

8. Try to visit the area at different times of the year.....

9. Make sure that you meet your neighbours.........

10. Last but not least, try to take a friend out house-hunting with you..........

yeah but goes out the window- prices are UP UP UP and AWAY!!

Even a dog turd in valencia is APPRECIATING!

Hang about a minute.Not seen the prog but have friends living a bit inland from Valencia.They tell me nothing is selling there.They no of an estate agent that has sold not one property since Christmas!villa next to them has been up for sell for ages with no joy.

All I can think is old Amanda knows a lot of Brits daft enough to think that stuff is going up by 1k a week.Sure aint the Spanish where approx. 300 euro a week is an O.K. wage.

There are some right old plonkers in the U.k!

The personal highlight for me was when the camera panned across the street just before they went into the last apartment block. Lamby (as I shall call her… I wonder, is Amanda or Alan the heavier Lamb?) was describing the area as “already gentrified” as her faithfull lensman swept past a typical, grafitti-strewn continental city centre wall.

Me too I PMSL

Also the looks on their faces as they were sat on the sofa at home prior to setting off to Valencia. When they made the statement "we are going to invest all of our savings" As if they had come up with this fail safe way of becoming mega rich. She was that excited I bet there was a damp patch in her nickers, whilst he had that contented reassured smile of supreme confidence.

Is it me or has the UK just become one big lunatic aslyum ?

Edited by Catch22

I was shocked by how much the tone of this programme has changed with this new series.

Originally it was about showing people properties in an area, giving them sound advice and letting them mull it over. In those days, much of the property offered genuine value.

Now it is blatant SELL SELL SELL. Amanda Lamb uses all the shallow techniques of a bad salesperson - I know someone else who is interested, we need to move quickly, etc., couple with fawning and patronising support. It was unbelievable in places.

Programmes like this will be held up to ridicule come the bursting of the bubble.

As for "invest all our savings", they took out a second mortgage!

Edited by cocacolalight