House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

40 People Suddenly Get Bird Flu In Asia - 5 Already Dead

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?catid=1...atte=2006-04-05

Bacu.
Over 40 people
were hospitalized in Azerbaijan with symptoms of bird flu, agency reports. Blood tests from the patients were sent to the lab in Great Britain in order to be discovered whether they were infected with the H5N1 virus. There are
five victims of the bird flu who passed away
in Azerbaijan so far.

As I understand it, only a tiny number of people around the world have so far been affected--around 108. So what has happened here with 40 people suddenly developing it and some dying? Are we being given the whole story?

:o

As I understand it, only a tiny number of people around the world have so far been affected--around 108.

Isn't that only the number of people affected by the H5N1 variant? Which may well not be the case here?

Bacu.
Over 40 people
were hospitalized in Azerbaijan with symptoms of bird flu, agency reports. Blood tests from the patients were sent to the lab in Great Britain in order to be discovered whether they were infected with the H5N1 virus. There are
in Azerbaijan so far.

As I understand it, only a tiny number of people around the world have so far been affected--around 108. So what has happened here with 40 people suddenly developing it and some dying? Are we being given the whole story?

I think if we wern't given the full story then we wouldn't of been given any, its amazing how many accidents happen with napalm.

Don't you mean human to human transmission?

Or am I being an ****?

:blink:

Yes. My thought was a "genetic" crossover with the flu mutating to affect humans once it has been passed on by the bird.

Seems a little odd that 40 people should develop the Bird Flu whereas the usual news reports the odd individual contracting it from bird handling.

Bacu.
Over 40 people
in Azerbaijan so far.

Fingers crossed this isn't what it looks like. "Symptoms of bird flu" means it isn't confirmed as bird flu yet.

Put it this way, if 5 of my mates had popped their clogs with bird flu and I started to feel a bit peaky, I'd be checking myself into the nearest hospital pronto.

According to WHO, worldwide approx 190 cases, approx 100 deaths.

Fingers crossed this isn't what it looks like. "Symptoms of bird flu" means it isn't confirmed as bird flu yet.

Put it this way, if 5 of my mates had popped their clogs with bird flu and I started to feel a bit peaky, I'd be checking myself into the nearest hospital pronto.

According to WHO, worldwide approx 190 cases, approx 100 deaths.

After running into as many EA outlets and coughing i hope :P

You lot are as bad as the media

Bird flu has hit the UK we are all going to die?

Some estimate about 25% of the population will die. What is strange is that it will hit younger people hardest as it did in 1918. Possible reason for this is the lower levels of immunity built up over the years. Any Docs to confirm this????

More news in:

http://africa.news.neoblack.com/news_item.asp?newsid=937

Egypt human bird flu infection toll rises to 11
- Thursday, April 06, 2006 at 13:26
Egypt has found two more people infected with the bird flu virus, bringing the number of human cases in the country to 11, a government minister said.
Health and Population Minister Hatem el-Gabali, quoted by the state MENA news agency late on Wednesday, said the latest cases were a 16-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy from two provinces north of Cairo.
The deadly H5N1 strain of the bird flu virus has so far killed two Egyptians.

11 people??? It started with one or two so how are 11 now infected?

Some estimate about 25% of the population will die. What is strange is that it will hit younger people hardest as it did in 1918. Possible reason for this is the lower levels of immunity built up over the years. Any Docs to confirm this????

As far as I am aware, the bird flu attacks the body by using your own immune system against you, in other words you die because your own immune system has been confused and starts attacking healthy cells in your body such as in your lungs, then you basically suffocate or die a horrible death. Younger people have far stronger immune systems compared to older people therefore a young persons immune system is better at killing them.

It would take a heck of a lot more than this to get me to check into an NHS hospital.

I'd need to see the grim reaper raising his scythe first...

Edited by FreeTrader

Some estimate about 25% of the population will die. What is strange is that it will hit younger people hardest as it did in 1918. Possible reason for this is the lower levels of immunity built up over the years. Any Docs to confirm this???

My understanding was that the troops during WWl were hit very hard. Maybe living in a trench had something to do with it? (and for the recond, I'm no doctor, and could be very wrong).

As far as I am aware, the bird flu attacks the body by using your own immune system against you, in other words you die because your own immune system has been confused and starts attacking healthy cells in your body such as in your lungs, then you basically suffocate or die a horrible death. Younger people have far stronger immune systems compared to older people therefore a young persons immune system is better at killing them.

So basically people will HIV dont have to worry?

It would take a heck of a lot more than this to get me to check into an NHS hospital.

True. You're probably more likely to go into hospital with harmless flu and die from an infection than go in with bird flu and get cured.