House Price Crash Forum

Swan Tests Confirm Deadly H5n1 Virus

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

YIPPEE

millions could well die, but at least houseprices will come down.

I read a post on this site today which talked about the Brithish obsession with property prices, there is some truth in that statement, but i do not know anyone obssesed enough to actually want people to die

Get a grip some of you people

Sam

HOLA444

I read a post on this site today which talked about the Brithish obsession with property prices, there is some truth in that statement, but i do not know anyone obssesed enough to actually want people to die

Sam

Word!! ;)

HOLA445

YIPPEE

Sam

I don,t see anyone rejoicing at peoples deaths.... its a valid discussion and this is a discussion forum if you are not able to add to that constructivley then why bother posting?

HOLA446

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4882946.stm

Swan tests confirm deadly virus

It won't cause panic or a crash. It was widely expected to arrive here.

It is only going to be a problem when it mutates to become a human strain.

That is likely to happen at some point but is most likely going to occur where humans and birds live in close proximity - most likely in asia somewhere.

When that strain arrives here it will cause more than a property crash

HOLA447

The expectation of something can be as devastating as its realisation. It will have a significant impact on the national psyche and cause less optimism and a downbeat attitude toward future financial security. Tourism will suffer once the virus spreads throughout the UK and the poultry industry will be devastated--including spin off industries such as hunting.

We are long overdue for a significant recession and bird flu may well be a chief contributor. When it mutates people are not going to be concerned with house prices but how to survive. If it strikes as hard as 1918 we could find 10-20% of the current housing stock without living owners. :(

Someone ought to do a poll:

Bird Flu, how is it affecting you?

1. Not at all.

2. I think about it.

3. I am deeply concerned.

4. It has affected my future outlook in a significant way.

5. It makes me depressed.

HOLA448

YIPPEE

Sam

Au contraire!

Is this any different to people jizzing themselves as their house-prices soar pricing out young couples and FTBS? Think of the thousands of potential babies who have been terminated/put off because of the unaffordability of housing in this country.

It's all part of the same "I'm Alright Jack" ideology if you ask me.

HOLA449

The whole idea that Bird Flue will create any affect on property prices is the biggest load of crap I have heard since GB last opened his mouth!!!

Unless millions die and there are loads of homes for sale, this is a 'red herring'.

Oh shit... FISH FLU :blink:

TB

Edited by teddyboy

HOLA4410

The expectation of something can be as devastating as its realisation. It will have a significant impact on the national psyche and cause less optimism and a downbeat attitude toward future financial security. Tourism will suffer once the virus spreads throughout the UK and the poultry industry will be devastated--including spin off industries such as hunting.

We are long overdue for a significant recession and bird flu may well be a chief contributor. When it mutates people are not going to be concerned with house prices but how to survive. If it strikes as hard as 1918 we could find 10-20% of the current housing stock without living owners. :(

Someone ought to do a poll:

Bird Flu, how is it affecting you?

1. Not at all.

2. I think about it.

3. I am deeply concerned.

4. It has affected my future outlook in a significant way.

5. It makes me depressed.

Well, its affecting us! We have face masks, bottled water and food in our garage to last a couple of months!.

Prepared, just in case!

Lou

HOLA4411

The reason I thought that there is a possibility it may affect prices is because whichever area Bird flu hits, people would prefer not buy there due to the risks of disease.

I maybe wrong, but I'm only trying to have a discussion here and not an argument.

HOLA4412

The whole idea that Bird Flue will create any affect on property prices is the biggest load of crap I have heard since GB last opened his mouth!!!

Unless millions die and there are loads of homes for sale, this is a 'red herring'.

Oh shit... FISH FLU :blink:

TB

Millions could die.! Do you know what happend in 1918.?

Check out - www.avianflutalk.com.

Lou

HOLA4413

YIPPEE

Sam

Indeed. This is, what, the 10th thread dedicated to that dead swan?

I find all this barely contained excitement and glee quite abhorrent. It's starting to look as if some people are actually hoping now for an outbreak and for some people to die. In the eyes of some people this would clearly be 'a good thing' because it might, just might, bring about the HPC they are so desperate to see. It's a disturbing state of affairs: Lots of people dying = good news (in the minds of some people).

I hope that in the event of an outbreak occuring these people don't lose a loved one or even perish themselves, though perhaps it would be considered 'karma'.

Of course, the ultimate irony would be a lethal outbreak and house prices staying high.

HOLA4414

The reason I thought that there is a possibility it may affect prices is because whichever area Bird flu hits, people would prefer not buy there due to the risks of disease.

I maybe wrong, but I'm only trying to have a discussion here and not an argument.

I agree your having a discussion and its not as if your hoping for a pandemic but the fact remains if bird flu mutates we are fooked....unless they come up with a vacine in the meantime? I presume due to peoples nature the same ignorance will prevail regarding bird flu as it once did with aids....the fear of the unknown? I would not be at all suprised if "bird flu" areas were deemed no buy areas for many people whilst this virus is very much in its fear factor stage and if it mutates well who really cares about house prices?

Indeed. This is, what, the 10th thread dedicated to that dead swan?

I find all this barely contained excitement and glee quite abhorrent. It's starting to look as if some people are actually hoping now for an outbreak and for some people to die. In the eyes of some people this would clearly be 'a good thing' because it might, just might, bring about the HPC they are so desperate to see. It's a disturbing state of affairs: Lots of people dying = good news (in the minds of some people).

I hope that in the event of an outbreak occuring these people don't lose a loved one or even perish themselves, though perhaps it would be considered 'karma'.

Of course, the ultimate irony would be a lethal outbreak and house prices staying high.

I think your hysterical get a grip its a discussion not a celebration.

HOLA4415

Employment will be hit hard if the Flu spreads. Here is the damage its already doing in the EU & worldwide:

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1748524,00.html

Germany's poultry industry has seen demand drop 20% and puts losses at €140m since last autumn. The overall European poultry industry,
employing more than 500,000 people
, has a turnover of about €20bn annually, so much is at stake.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) warned today that a human pandemic would cause a "severe economic shock" in Asia and at worst could lead to global recession.
In the case of such an outbreak, HSBC and other big UK firms are planning for an absenteeism level of 50%, double the rate forecast in guidelines drawn up by the World Health Organisation.

The probability of a world wide recession/depression seems quite high?

HOLA4416

Well, its affecting us! We have face masks, bottled water and food in our garage to last a couple of months!.

Prepared, just in case!

Lou

LMAO, now why does this post not supprise me from the HPC site

Sam

HOLA4417

Au contraire!

Is this any different to people jizzing themselves as their house-prices soar pricing out young couples and FTBS? Think of the thousands of potential babies who have been terminated/put off because of the unaffordability of housing in this country.

It's all part of the same "I'm Alright Jack" ideology if you ask me.

word

HOLA4418

LMAO, now why does this post not supprise me from the HPC site

Sam

Not much crazier than the contingency plans already in place around the world. However, it appears that masks will not protect you unless they are sophisticated in which case they will be costly. If the virus goes airborne its everywhere and its not practical to live inside a mask. A space suit perhaps?

HOLA4419

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's much more likely that the people who will catch it and die if it ever does develop will be the nutters who have never come into contact with a germ. You know, the ones that reach for the antiseptic wipes if their kids get grass stains on their knees. They have very little immunity to stuff cos they've spent their lives frightened of every little thing.

Popped into the hysteria site and I was right, it is hysterical :)

On the recombinomics thread - Isn't that the guy who owns a lab and is trying to develop and/or sell a vaccine? - What is that called in house price terminology? A V ?????

HOLA4420

Not much crazier than the contingency plans already in place around the world. However, it appears that masks will not protect you unless they are sophisticated in which case they will be costly. If the virus goes airborne its everywhere and its not practical to live inside a mask. A space suit perhaps?

www.surviveall.co.uk - FFP3 face masks!.

Bird Flu mutation is currently the biggest threat to the UK, why not be prepared!.

If has happened before and it will happen again!.

Maybe some people don't want to think about it.

Lou

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

...........and maybe some peoples lives are so boring and soul-less that they love something to panic about cos it adds a bit of interest.

People have already died because of this disease, try saying the above to the familys who have already lost loved ones.

HOLA4423

Oh get a grip.

What is it? 60 people world wide in 9 years?

Do you think people are invincible? Do you think people don't have accidents, get murdered, have cancer, can't get transplants?

Do you not think relatives of mine have suffered and died in that time. Do drug companies not withhold treatments everyday trying to get the last dime out of every situation.

What's going to be your next solution? Commit suicide and cut out the middle man?

Get on with your life. You'll be in the grave soon enough without worrying about media spun garbage that doesn't exist yet.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425