House Price Crash Forum

Spring Bounce

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Two houses have come up on my road in the last week..both sold in 3 days and I would say both were overvalued by £100,000

Lets see if they are back up for sale in another 4 weeks or so when the chain collapses.

Edited by Johnny

HOLA445
Prices up 4.2% Feb and March (Halifax), seems like a good spring bounce to me.

except they are not selling.

you may as well put them up another 10%. have yourselves a party...

all your doing is mewing yourselves to death expecting some ftb cavalry to arrive and take over your silly overpriced ordinary dwelling.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Winners and Losers

I wasn't talking about the numbers, I was talking about the lack of front page articles in the papers.

Billy Shears

I agree. Why arent they shouting it from the overpriced MEW'd rooftops?

HOLA448

I agree. Why arent they shouting it from the overpriced MEW'd rooftops?

Because the Halifax/Nationwide know the BOE listen to their scribblings, and therefore they don't shout "hey look prices look like they are rising 0.8% on average a month", and that would be 10% annual. THe Halifax Nationwide prefer to say "Ok its picked up a bit but it will slow down because XYZ"

Of course though the BOE know what is going on, its just that the Haliwide cant admit it. What was it only in Nov Nationwide said prices would fall in the first part of this year ?

Oh, and the current spring boom, doesn't get into the press, because they generally just print what the Haliwide write. They don't look at the numbers themselves.

HOLA449
Guest Winners and Losers

The Nationwide report mentioned (in the areas that I looked at) that affordability was still a problem for FTB's. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;)

HOLA4410

Shouldn't there be large numbers of articles in the press about the spring bounce? I haven't heard much about it recently.

Billy Shears

I keep having "drop the bacon butty" moments though Billy...house near us went up for 650K, stunning it has to be said, (where has terrifed gone BTW?) Anyhow, I thought it`d stick and stick, eventually find a level of 500K, which is still massive amounts for our area...gone/sold/new people in, paid full asking. :( Still plenty of unhinged confidence from people that probably do not need to move but want to move as they still see it as a good bet. Somtimes I get the feeling we`re living in some parallel universe on here, planet common sense ain`t with the rest of the UK it would seem...

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

And if the chain doesn't collapse? If they sell at that price it makes the House Price Crash a figment of your imagination.

The writing is on the wall in letters ten feet tall.

Correct with national debt at more than the annual GDP, manufactoring growth in decline, employment rising, and most major currencys looking to raise IR I would say the writing is most certainly on the wall. And all that without the possibility of bird flu pandemic should (but probably won,t) make anyone with any nous see this ludicrous overpriced property scam for what it is.