House Price Crash Forum
Dr Doom

Would You Buy A House With A Stranger?

Don't know if anyone's interested? On now.

Seems HPC relevant.

Too many property programs all the same. Must stay awake ... must stay awake ... must sta........

Can you post a paragraph summing up the program at the end?

Billy Shears

Caught a bit of this at the begining.

A bunch of 20 something muppets who think renting is dead money and getting on the 'ladder' is everything.

I reckon its idiots like this that are keeping this crazy market going.

Can't understand why people dont do their homework when making the biggest financial comittment of their lives.

Caught a bit of this at the begining.

A bunch of 20 something muppets who think renting is dead money and getting on the 'ladder' is everything.

I reckon its idiots like this that are keeping this crazy market going.

Can't understand why people dont do their homework when making the biggest financial comittment of their lives.

Because the meaning of life is to spend, spend, spend, get yourself into bigger and bigger debt, the bigger the better - all these companies clambering over one another to lend you money you can't lose!! :rolleyes:

Car crash TV at its best.

22 year old gemma speed dates 3 potential people to buy a house with.

The girl she ends up with is blatantly a godawful match.

I love the little VI titbits thrown in:

"if they don't buy this property right now someone else might swipe it"

"and with the average age of a FTB approaching 34 it could be 10 years before she can get on the ladder again"

"now they have bought together they can forget about those old rows, because now they're living together there'll be plenty of time for new ones"

:lol:

The army adverts always tell us that army folk know how to defuse a difficult situation. Gemma is a nervous wreck and can't communicate at all.

"it's like a 2 year prison sentence, i've got no one else to blame"

*sobbing*

wuhahaha!

Indeed. It would all be alright if she had someone else to blame. At least she recognises it though.

Can't live in the flat without a shower! LOL. Let's get the priorities straight, eh?

True Sandhurst material........

So this answers the Conservative Party's great idea of buying with friends (Shared Ownership) as to whether it is a great idea.......

That goes that solution to affordability.......

Bloody posh bitch has just said "I hope they can make it work as they can make some money" and the stuipid bint has said that if they hold onto the investment they will make enough money to both buy their own flats. How???? The other flats inthe market would have gone up...... for F%cks sake......!

A

WTF are they on about

"In Newcastle prices have doubled in the last 5 years if ***** and **** stay put for a while longer they will be able to buy their own flats"

Haven't flat prices doubled as well or have I missed something?

:blink:

Edited by devslim

How???? The other flats inthe market would have gone up...... for F%cks sake......!

If they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't even consider 'buying with a stranger'.

What a bunch of stupid pricks.

"Finally on the housing ladder"

No, more like on the slippery slope to negative equity

And every 2 minutes it's "Need to get on the property ladder", "At least I'm on the property ladder". It's just a phrase they keep spewing out with absolutely no concept of what it means (or used to).

"Prices in Newcastle have more than doubled in the last 5 years"

This must mean that they will bouble again in the next 5 years so its possible to buy another house/flat thanks to hpi.

How this notion stands up I just dont know!

This was more of a humiliate first time buyers miserable attempts at buying property. This was a new peak in the BBCs shameful, low budget crap mush tv.

Lauren Laverne's comment about "prices in Newcastle have gone up 100% in 5 years which should enable both of our buyers to buy a flat each in the future" was disgraceful.

There was no practical discussion about the housing price mess which has brought about such ludicrous attempts at home ownership. Blair and Brown should be forced to watch this and face some hard questions.

Hopefully anyone intending to do this will have realised what a stupid idea it is.

And why are they so desperate to get on the 'housing ladder' anyway. It's cheaper to rent.

I agree they both seemed very ignorant and symptomatic of the sort of stupidity amongst some FTBs (I must get onto the property ladder at all costs) which appears to be shoring up the market.

The army girl kept going on about how they would be stuck with the flat for two years because they had a two year fixed rate mortgage?! Surely they had a 25 year mortgage but she seemed to think they'd be paying off the cost of the flat in 24 months?

The other girl said she couldn't live in a flat without a shower - then bought one without a shower and didn't have £800 left to get one installed (you can buy a hand held shower attachment at Argos for a fiver for gods sake)! She then said even if she had to sell up and rent after a couple of years at least she could say she had owned her own place (for what purpose exactly)

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Car crash TV at its best.

22 year old gemma speed dates 3 potential people to buy a house with.

The girl she ends up with is blatantly a godawful match.

I love the little VI titbits thrown in:

"if they don't buy this property right now someone else might swipe it"

"and with the average age of a FTB approaching 34 it could be 10 years before she can get on the ladder again"

"now they have bought together they can forget about those old rows, because now they're living together there'll be plenty of time for new ones"

couldn't quite believe what i was seeing :blink::blink::blink:

why did they go ahead with it,oh wait a minute it's there last chance to get on the ladder ! :blink:

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

You know the 'greater fool' theory of investment?

Well, these people are the 'greatest fools' at the end of the line.

This was more of a humiliate first time buyers miserable attempts at buying property. This was a new peak in the BBCs shameful, low budget crap mush tv.

Lauren Laverne's comment about "prices in Newcastle have gone up 100% in 5 years which should enable both of our buyers to buy a flat each in the future" was disgraceful.

There was no practical discussion about the housing price mess which has brought about such ludicrous attempts at home ownership. Blair and Brown should be forced to watch this and face some hard questions.

Hopefully anyone intending to do this will have realised what a stupid idea it is.

And why are they so desperate to get on the 'housing ladder' anyway. It's cheaper to rent.

Spot on.

The program sums up the current lunacy better than I could ever put into words. The BBC should be ashamed to go along with this.

The whole episode clearly made them both desperately unhappy, yet they carried on regardless.

I'm speechless........