House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BubblesBurst

Swan Dies After A Bad Cold As House Prices Rise!

Is this bloody bird flu thing a pandemic trolling exercise???

:lol::lol::lol:

(sorry guys, I'm joking. I am sure your not trolls at all. Just a mad bird flu cult waiting for the end of the world 2012 isn't it?)

The arrival of bird flu will damage the economy whther it crosses over to humans or not. The poultry industry will take a hit and push up prices of other meat products--the government will have to act quickly to remove meat from the basket that determines the rate of inflation!

The chances of Bird Flu mutating to affect humans is probably 10:1 in favour. Read the history of what happened in 1918--its back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

The Spanish Flu Pandemic, also known as La Grippe Espagnole, or La Pesadilla, was an unusually severe and deadly strain of avian influenza, a viral infectious disease, that killed some 50 million to 100 million people worldwide over about a year in 1918 and 1919 [1]. It is thought to have been one of the most deadly pandemics so far in human history. It was caused by the H1N1 type of influenza virus, which is similar to bird flu of today, mainly H5N1 and H5N2.
The Allies of World War I called it the "Spanish Flu". This was mainly because the pandemic received greater press attention in Spain than in the rest of the world, because Spain was not involved in the war and there was no wartime censorship. Although the virus certainly did not originate in Spain, the country did have one of the worst early outbreaks of the disease, with some 8 million people infected in May 1918. It was also described as only "the flu" or "la grippe" by public health officials seeking to prevent panic.
The Spanish flu may have contributed to the end of World War I. More people died from the Spanish flu in six months than during the five years of conflict of World War I. The epidemic killed at least 20-40 million; some now believe as high as 100 million.

Is this bloody bird flu thing a pandemic trolling exercise???

:lol::lol::lol:

(sorry guys, I'm joking. I am sure your not trolls at all. Just a mad bird flu cult waiting for the end of the world 2012 isn't it?)

Yes, according to just about every ancient culture on the planet - they all concur that 2012 is a very significant year. Although whether this means catastrophe or some kind of evolutionary leap remains to be seen.