House Price Crash Forum
Catch22

Selling Houses Tonight Ch 4

Channel 4

Selling HousesFrance

20:00 - 21:00 Wednesday, 5 April

Andrew Winter visits Europe to help British property owners whose lives in the sun have turned into nightmares. He meets Margaret and John Cox, who sold everything to buy a farmhouse in south-west France but are now being forced to live 100 miles apart. Also explored are the heartache facing a couple who moved to Portugal, and the plight of a widow locked into buying a house she doesn't want

Guest Winners and Losers

OMG! He just said it's a 'buyers market' in many parts of Britain. :o Surely not!? He should be tarred and feathered.

The EA in France just said, TWICE, it is a tough market! In the stocks for him!

Edited by Winners and Losers

OMG! He just said it's a 'buyers market' in many parts of Britain. :o Surely not!? He should be tarred and feathered.

The EA in France just said, TWICE, it is a tough market! In the stocks for him!

He also said prices have been falling in the french market since 2004 - wonder if the bulls will be able to explain that.

Maybe our snail loving cousins haven't heard about our new paradigm.

Edited by geneer

Coming up next: some flipper that has come unstuck.

You have to love Channel 4, they spent years showing programmes usually presented by the ever hopeful Amanda Lamb encouraging people to do this stuff, then they revel when it comes crashing down, this bodes well for their coverage of the UK market.

Build 'em up and knock 'em down (literally in one case).

P.S. I notice there's hardly any adverts in this show ?!?

Edited by BuyingBear

I do NOT like that couple in Portugal :angry:

They're trying to pull a fast one, the town hall should not even have let them have the pool! I'd have told them to ram it!

They're trying to pull a fast one, the town hall should not even have let them have the pool! I'd have told them to ram it!

Pure pikeys.

Btw, isn't France still cheap? £160k for a big four bed house with a nice plot in a nice area, same goes for the other little place (£125k), for that money in the UK you'd barely be able to buy a crappy 'apartment' next to the M6 and sewage works.

Edited by BuyingBear

If prices only ever go up why does she want to cancel the contract? Looks like she got to 70% of the payments hoping for a decent profit until she realised that the market has gone off the boil, now she wants her money back. The perfect one way bet.

Also, anyone want to bet that the £8k monthly installments will suddenly stop once the builder's trading company conveniently goes to the wall.

More flipper muppets next week! yay.

Edited by BuyingBear

Guest Winners and Losers

My God - look at how stupid the French make the English look! The British will throw their money at any old tat, no wonder the property market here is still 'booming'!! The French are definitely more sensible.

Totally agree!

I was disgusted by their attitude. They built what was effectively a second house and expected everyone to just roll over and accept it. There is no way they would have tried that in the UK, so what made them think they could do it in France? prime example of people with more (borrowed) money than sense.

I'm glad they were made to pull it down.

I was disgusted by their attitude. They built what was effectively a second house and expected everyone to just roll over and accept it. There is no way they would have tried that in the UK, so what made them think they could do it in France? prime example of people with more (borrowed) money than sense.

I'm glad they were made to pull it down.

Somebody knocked down an old outdoor toilet in the Peak District, the powers that be made them reconstruct it piece by piece. :lol: