House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

U K Bankruptcy And Insolvencies Up Again

http://www.businessmoneynews.co.uk/ext/bm/...y.jsp?story=941

UK bankruptcies on the rise

05 Apr 2006

Business insolvencies up, with retail sector most badly hit.
Personal bankruptcies on the rise with no sign of abating.
Euler Hermes has released its International Insolvencies Outlook 2005 to reveal a rise in both business and personal bankruptcies in the UK to end Q3 2005 of 3%, and a prediction that insolvencies will continue to rise in 2006 by a further 3% to reach more than 23,000 a year.

The "Miracle Economy" has produced some tragic results? Not sure why Gordon keeps smiling everytime he is photographed :blink:

I think social opinion on bankruptcies has changed, people don't seem to see it as a crime anymore.

People seem to think it's ok to "just go bankrupt at 30, and start again".

I know of a woman who was renting a property from my oh's sister who was quite happy to declare herself bankrupt for a 20K debt. It's too easy these days, in my opinion, bring back debtor's prison......

I have no debt whatsoever, earn probably lower than average wage, try to save as much as I can, rent privatly, and support partner and child.

Why should they get away with it scott-free?

Not sure why Gordon keeps smiling everytime he is photographed :blink:

He's been having Project Gordon 'meeja' training from Alistair Campbell, though he quit last week, giving Brown up as a hopeless case :lol::lol:

Guest Guy_Montag

Will the recent rise in the cost of declaring yourself bankrupt reduce this?

What happens if you can't afford to do it?

I think NuLabour have brought back "Debtors Prison"-- after they started jailing the OAPs who went on strike and didn't pay their council tax. They will not be putting the fee into the CPI basket that is for sure!

Pay the bankrupcy fee with a credit card! :lol::lol:

I think social opinion on bankruptcies has changed, people don't seem to see it as a crime anymore.

I know of a woman who was renting a property from my oh's sister who was quite happy to declare herself bankrupt for a 20K debt. It's too easy these days, in my opinion, bring back debtor's prison......

I have no debt whatsoever, earn probably lower than average wage, try to save as much as I can, rent privatly, and support partner and child.

It keeps house prices artificially high - which in turn will equate to an almighty collapse. This and many other devious debt based products cannot keep going. The banks will want their money back - of this there is no doubt. And with wages going nowhere without an IR hike it's fun time soon for the FTB'er.

This debt issue is a reflection of the rest of the countries anti-wealth, and for every household going bankrupt there will be 10 in trouble.

Edited by music man

it's fun time soon for the FTB'er.

Let's hope so, looking to buy in 1 or 2 year's time. I'm pleased I done some research first and found this site, many I'm sure wouldn't / haven't ..

Not that I take every single piece of info as gospel, but it's interesting to see the other side of an argument.

I see house price's as unsustainable, there's too many people like myself who just can not buy.

As partner's parent's are emmigrating (sp?) to france in a months time I'm quite happy to rent their house for a couple of years at a nicely reduced rate ;)

It's not a crime!!!