House Price Crash Forum
kingofnowhere

Banks Start To Bet On Interst Rate Cut Soon

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...QkhQ&refer=asia

Indonesian Central Bank May Cut Key Rate As Early as Next Month

April 5 (Bloomberg) -- Indonesia's central bank said it will start cutting its benchmark interest rate as early as next month as inflation slows.

:lol: and I'm joking BTW,

I just find it amusing that this board seems to be able to drag up any increase in interest rates anywhere in the world and say it's a precursor of a UK housing crash...

April 5 (Bloomberg) -- Indonesia's central bank said it will start cutting its benchmark interest rate as early as next month as inflation slows.

I just find it amusing that this board seems to be able to drag up any increase in interest rates anywhere in the world and say it's a precursor of a UK housing crash...

You've clearly not heard about the immutable link between Cambodian inflation and Kensington house prices...

:blink:

A bit like when the likes of the BBC drag up any piss weak reason for rates to be cut. Who has the bigger duty of care? A bunch of crackpots on a maverick website, or the omnipotent BBC?

I do acknowledge you are joking and you do have a point, however I felt the above needed said.

NDL

Can I go against your perceived trend on this board, and agree with you?

I agree completely, that once the perceived rate of inflation falls to more than below 5% the actual base rate, the BoE are completely justified in cutting the base rate. However, this assumes that Indonesia's economy is more mature than ours, and as our inflation is just over 2%, our base rates haven't increased to the 7%+ to warrant a cut.

By "this board" I think you mean one poster in particular - the fool known as "Realistbear", who is doing a great deal to discredit this site with his constant inane "spin". It is so obvious that one can only assume that he is doing it deliberately. <_<

By "this board" I think you mean one poster in particular - the fool known as "Realistbear", who is doing a great deal to discredit this site with his constant inane "spin". It is so obvious that one can only assume that he is doing it deliberately. <_<

:):):D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cf...jectID=10376235

OZ next!

Edited by Realistbear

SORRY GETTING BIG SERVER TIME OUTS HERE- BEING VERY ECONOMICAL

NOT sure I posting (econowise/RELEVANT)0 RUSHING BEFORE GETTING DROPPED AND HOPING MY QUOTE CHOICE SHOLDS. DON"T have the luxury of DSL etc or UK parameters

ANYWAY - MY POINT- glad to see yu recognise we are all PLAYERS- KING OF KNOWHERE-EVEN BIT PARTS- INDO CENTRAL BANK RATES ARE FRIKKEN IMPORTANT TO ME. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE SARKY, be clever about it. I see your point and know your target, but you are doing the same. By the way, I have always caught REALISTBEARS thoughts as very very indicative of a tough, and formed, expression of what my generation denied. HE is as he says. He is a REALIST BEAR. HE threatens no other wants! GO RB GO!(FOR SMELL THE FEAR)

If our rate was 12.75%, the BoE might be justified in a cut too.

Only a matter of weeks ago it was 17.5% so as you say MG there's still plenty left to play with yet !! (So ask me how come I don't deposit my hard-earned in Bank Mandiri ??) Please don't tell me that that anyone who is remotely compus mentis is going to point to Indonesia as the indicator for future fiscal or economic world -wide trends!!

Rises in:

The US, Japan, Europe, Australia, Canada, and Iceland

may be a more compelling story tahn a possible rate cut in Indonesia

No I don't think so. I've never heard of your tin pot economies but Indonesia is world leader.

No I don't think so. I've never heard of your tin pot economies but Indonesia is world leader.

Yes , it sure is for KKN. For the uninitiated ,that translates to Corruption, Collusion and Nepotism.And all delivered to your door with a show-stopping, heart-breaking smile!

What about the fool who won't update his sig when the numbers go the way he doesn't like?

Indonesia ranks 15th in the world economy-wise. It is also the only Asian OPEC member. A reasonable big player on the world economic scene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Indonesia

GDP ranking 15th

GDP $899bn (2005)

:)

In reality I suppose it is a player.

If it could even begin to sort out its systems: judiciary, etc it could really hit above its weight in the region. But KKN are woven into the fabric of life , totally institutionalised , inescapable. Make no mistake, you still live in one of the best countries in the world.