House Price Crash Forum

Tmf: Should You Buy Or Rent?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

:lol:

Clearly the dude who was supposed to write something for TMF was feeling a tad tired and decided to send in his kid's homework instead. The whole article may well be true, given the correct circumstances, but to publish such naive observations right now is incorrect in the extreme.

Once again...

HOLA444

"So, if it's profitable for your landlord to own the home you're living in, then you have to ask yourself why you shouldn't just be your own landlord. By buying your own home, you can make the profit for yourself that your landlord would have been making from you."

Likewise if is not profitable then you have to ask yourself why you should be your own landlord. Let some other mug loose money rather than you.

Whilst yields are sub 5% there is no way on gods earth that it is going to be profitable.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Clearly the dude who was supposed to write something for TMF was feeling a tad tired and decided to send in his kid's homework instead. The whole article may well be true, given the correct circumstances, but to publish such naive observations right now is incorrect in the extreme.

Once again...

I think they saw in2perspective`s plea for articles to write themselves last night re. str and beat them to it :D

One issue I have with criticism of of websites is this, we buy the newspapers and do not nec. agree with all the articles (BTW what ever happened to our Anatole haters) yet we still like/buy the paper etc. and yet if a site diverts for one minute from the narrow view we have of where it should be, we "kick off".. <_<

For example if firstrung.com has Kirsty as a guest writer, or that guy James Max from the first series of the apprentice, it doesn`t mean the site nec. condones their views does it? :unsure:

HOLA447

I think they saw in2perspective`s plea for articles to write themselves last night re. str and beat them to it :D

One issue I have with criticism of of websites is this, we buy the newspapers and do not nec. agree with all the articles (BTW what ever happened to our Anatole haters) yet we still like/buy the paper etc. and yet if a site diverts for one minute from the narrow view we have of where it should be, we "kick off".. <_<

For example if firstrung.com has Kirsty as a guest writer, or that guy James Max from the first series of the apprentice, it doesn`t mean the site nec. condones their views does it? :unsure:

Actually I now actively boycott any newspapers/sites that promote HPI as good.

Don't want to give them my money.

Don't want to increase their website clicks and hence their advertising revenue.

Channel 4 are the worst. How many fingers do they want in how many pies?? They're meant to be a broadcaster FFS, not a property search + internet portal.

HOLA448

Actually I now actively boycott any newspapers/sites that promote HPI as good.

Don't want to give them my money.

Don't want to increase their website clicks and hence their advertising revenue.

Channel 4 are the worst. How many fingers do they want in how many pies?? They're meant to be a broadcaster FFS, not a property search + internet portal.

I empathise, however, even the bearish publishers print some iffy stuff though eh? Including the fool today.