House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Phobias

Me? I'm sh*t scared of lightning so this is my worse nightmare...

1052768-md.jpg

:(:(:(:(

People!

Guest Winners and Losers

Never being able to buy a house. I have to physically restrain myself from jumping on the ladder at any cost. :(;)

commitment :ph34r:

(and aeroplanes)

Who wants to commit you dunroamin just give me their name

and I'll contersign the comittal order whistle.gif

Spiders. *shudders*

Not too keen on vomit either. :(

Lucky you werent in my house last week then...we had a vomiting spider.... :lol:

Hights.

A funny story. Once we were up at Tahoe, and my daughter was about 3 or 4 months old at the time. At the start of the Truckee River at fanny bridge (fanny in the US is your butt, the water is very clear, and everyone looks over the bridge at the fish in the water, and all you see is everyones butt) Anyway we walk over the bridge to a restraunt and eat no problem. Then on the way back, my husband is holding my daughter, AND looking over the bridge at the fish. I relaize if he droped her in the water she would go downsteam very fast & the water is icy cold. I don't know I believe he would drop her, but I *HAD* to go get her. Now I don't just take her away from the rail, but as far from the rail as I can get, to the point we are just about in oncoming traffic & in very real danger of being hit by a car. :o;):wacko: And the bridge is not really all that high.

And now, if there was any doubt in your mind, you now know how crazy I am really.

Being brought back by aliens after being abducted because i'm a poor specimen for thier study.

As for the rest,

Thunder + Lightning - I really love violent storms.

Spiders - Bigger the better lovely creatures

Commitment - I'll let you know when i get there

Vomit - Dont care unless you try to make me eat it.

Heights - aint botherd unless im going to hit the floor.

Oh actually i suppose rejection hence having to move really slowly when it comes to building relationships with people. Not really a phobia but more of a caution.

I don't care what people think/say about me, i honestly couldn't give a damn because they have no influence or power to affect me on that level.

However when i meet someone and think they would enrich my life in someway then i let them into my world, it happens really slowly though, to the point of annoyance for some, but by taking things really slow i can see if things are not right.

Probably not a phobia more of some odd neurosis revolving around trust.

give me a spider snake scorpion anything. I will even eat the buggers rather than do public speaking!! (I dont get less scared the more I do, I just make a tit out of myself every time :( )

give me a spider snake scorpion anything. I will even eat the buggers rather than do public speaking!! (I dont get less scared the more I do, I just make a tit out of myself every time :( )

Not that this thread is about fixing stuff but try owning the situation, understand that it is your moment, you own it. When you are talking people wont be listening to every word you say so if you screw up most people wont wont realise.

Take confidence in what you know then PRETEND to be confident, pretend that your a secret agent acting a role, pretend that you dont care, treat it as a little bit of play acting. Its not you that will look like a tit it will be the person you are pretending to be.

You probably get nervous/scared , your stomach probably turns just thinking about it, your mouth probably dries out in 2 minutes flat, you may see your own hands shaking, your voice may wobble as you talk. But i bet youve never dropped down dead because of it :)

Stomach churning before hand - Have a bag of raisens/rasins in your pocket and munch on them and smile alot

before hand.

Dry Mouth - Take a bottle of water drink from it during your speaking, pause the

moment and make people wait while you have a drink, its YOUR moment,

you own it, they dont.

Hands trembling - Stand with your hands infront of you holding a wrist, if you need to point

then dont dont use a fully straight finger, keep your finger bent and

relaxed.

Voice Wobbling - Firstly try not to listen to your own voice,but if you do notice your voice

wobbling then Do a 'clearing the throat cough', take a drink of water and

slow down, its your moment, you own it, make it last.

Above all though try to relax, which is obviously easier said than done, the night before try visualising the even going really well, but go silly with it too, have it so the person you are pretending to be is amazing, everyone clapping, chearing etc , go really silly with it.

Wont *cure* bugger all but it might help :)

Might work :) Oh but if you develop some weird dual personality thing its f*ck all to do with me :lol:

I'm with you on that one. :(

My phobia is that I will fall asleep and when I wake up my dick is a foot long.

and someone has crept into my room and cut it in half.

I have a theory about men who brag about their big package.

thumb.jpg

:blink::D:P

*crosses her fingers and hopes Laurejon can take a joke*

post-2641-1144366607.jpg

I too have some theorys about this issue.

Wrist circumference, and the big car or big dog phenomenon.

Have you experienced this at all?.

I can take a joke, much of what I post is very toungue in cheek and I intentionally put myself up for ridicule, it makes my evenings at work more interesting.

Actually having been the victim of these spam emails about increasing the size of your togger, I have developed my own system and I have to say it works.

In the first week I managed to make it 1 foot long.

It works on the principles of a door hinge, once applied you simply fold it closed and voila half the length.

I too have some theorys about this issue.

Wrist circumference, and the big car or big dog phenomenon.

Have you experienced this at all?.

Experienced it? I'm an American. :wacko::wacko: Big cars, But tummys, it's an American past time. :lol::(

True story, a mother of one of my kids friends was telling me she needed to LOSE 250lbs. All that I could think was "WOW that's more than all of me." Not that she needed to lose more weight than I do (well I guess that is true), but that she need to lose more weight than I am. She has a whole, large, person she needs to lose. She is a large woman, but she doesn't stand out as much as you'd think.

Edited to add, I think I might have a phobia about being 250 lbs overweight.

I have OCD which manifests itself as a phobia of germs. Had it for most of my life, so I have pretty good coping strtegies now (and it's not as bad as it was).

I'm claustrophobic. Definately fun when viewing houses in my price range!

Mr Goat reacons I have OCD because I insist on the toilet roll being a certain way around on the holder (paper must come over the top).

I'm claustrophobic. Definately fun when viewing houses in my price range!

Mr Goat reacons I have OCD because I insist on the toilet roll being a certain way around on the holder (paper must come over the top).

The paper should come over top, it is harder for it to unwind onto the floor that way. :)

My phobia is rats. I just can't bear them and their tails.........ewwwwwwwwwww.

My phobia is that I will fall asleep and when I wake up my dick is a foot long.

and someone has crept into my room and cut it in half.

This guy has a similar problem .

Huge.jpg

post-4353-1144760692.jpg