House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Lowering Some Isa Rates On 6th April

HOLA441

found out Halifax lowering their ISA rate on Halifax ISA Saver Direct rate from 5% to 4.75 on 6th April!! whilst still heavily advertising a 5% fixed for 1 year or more. Penalties if you move within the fixed period.

Phoned to check this and they agree to move my ISA to fixed. Just frustrating as had just moved it from Smile to get the 5%!

Edit: bu%%er what have i have just done. In my "indignant rage moment" i have locked £3k away for 12 months and will loose big chunk interest if i try to get access to it! .......and now i know why i dare not let my self loose on the markets. :) all for the sake of 0.25%!!!

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

HOLA442

found out Halifax lowering their ISA rate on Halifax ISA Saver Direct rate from 5% to 4.75 on 6th April!! whilst still heavily advertising a 5% fixed for 1 year or more. Penalties if you move within the fixed period.

Phoned to check this and they agree to move my ISA to fixed. Just frustrating as had just moved it from Smile to get the 5%!

Edit: bu%%er what have i have just done. In my "indignant rage moment" i have locked £3k away for 12 months and will loose big chunk interest if i try to get access to it! .......and now i know why i dare not let my self loose on the markets. :) all for the sake of 0.25%!!!

I have an halifax isa with a few k in it - l feel may as well pull it out and stick in in something risky like the rest of my money. 4.75 is adding insult to injury when I see how much my outgoing have gone up the last few months!