House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bingley Bloke

£10k A Year For A Roof Over Your Head!

So there you have it - the true rate of inflation has been 16% over two years.

That chimes with what we've been saying on this forum for a long while.

Hate to state the obvious yet again, but you know I don't think the public are stupid when it comes to inflation.

We know when prices going up is a bad thing, although when it comes to houses, 200% inflation is somehow a good thing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pensioners' groups say the increase in utility bills has hit the elderly especially hard. They say the fact that pensions are linked to the Government's official inflation rate fails to recognise the real increase in the cost of living for millions of OAPs.

Age Concern director Gordon Lishman said: 'The Government should increase the state pension so that pensioners have enough money to cover basic living costs such as heating their homes.All older people should be able to heat their homes without being worried about the bills they're likely to face.

'Many pensioners live on a low, fixed income and are hit particularly hard by hikes in their fuel bills.'

The old-folk will be our allies in this.

AND the newspapers will present their case without a second thought.

See the line in bold above?

How is inflation in utility bills an increase in the cost of living for old people only?

And not families?

And not childless couples?

And not young singles?

And not divorcess?

And not gay couples?

And not immigrants?

And not..... and not.... and the list goes on....

The study suggests that the combined impact of the rises is affecting how much householders can afford to spend on maintenance. It found the spending on a property in this area had fallen 8 per cent to £393.

I'm sure the coming shortage of basins will ease the plight of the poor DIY retailers.

How is inflation in utility bills an increase in the cost of living for old people only?

And not families?

And not childless couples?

And not young singles?

And not divorcess?

And not gay couples?

And not immigrants?

And not..... and not.... and the list goes on....

I know. It makes my blood boil when they start harping no about how pensioners are going to suffer... as though they're the only ones who are going to suffer. At least they don't have the indignity of suffering after they've spent all day at work :angry:

The thing I dont get is why there is so much sympathy for the pensioners.

These people have had their entire lives to save. They have had their opportunity.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for people who did not choose to be prudent during the 40-50 years they were employed?

What about the poor suckers trying to start out who due to the cost of housing/living find themselves in a situation where they can save almost nothing.

What will happen to them when they are70?

Edited by DonnieDarker

Donnie, I support the pensioners because I can't have double-standards on this issue.

There either IS or ISN'T an inflation situation.

We either HAVE or HAVEN'T got inflation covered.

Who you are doesn't come into it.

Edited by megaflop

What about the poor suckers trying to start out who due to the cost of housing/living find themselves in a situation where they can save almost nothing.

What will happen to them when they are70?

We won't get to retire, simple as that... Which is why I'm retraining to do something I enjoy. At least that way I can work until the day I die and not resent it because I hate it like I do my current job.

We won't get to retire, simple as that... Which is why I'm retraining to do something I enjoy. At least that way I can work until the day I die and not resent it because I hate it like I do my current job.

What are you retraining as?