House Price Crash Forum

Wow. 5.6% of post tax income! So much for "My house is my pension".

Where's it all going? The mysterous missing millions. You would have thought some of this would be spilling into retail spending...

...unless it's all going on paying off debt - surely not! :o

Guest The_Oldie
According to Halifax's chief economist, Martin Ellis, prices are unlikely to exceed wage inflation (currently 3.5pc) for the next 10-20 years. He claimed that higher household bills will make it harder for indebted households to pay their mortgage costs.

If Mr Ellis is correct, the number of people MEWing will almost certainly decrease over the next 10-20 years.

If indebted households find it harder to pay their mortgage costs, it seems likely that a proportion of houses will be repossessed. High levels of repossessions will probably lead to a house price correction.

Since MEW money is currently propping up the economy, I don't think I'll buy just yet :lol:.

Watch for the Sunrise folks--its coming from the Far East and it casts its long and striped shadow like a hideous claw as it destroys its debt-bloated HPI/MEW victims.

Edited by Realistbear

Wow. 5.6% of post tax income! So much for "My house is my pension".

Where's it all going? The mysterous missing millions. You would have thought some of this would be spilling into retail spending...

...unless it's all going on paying off debt - surely not! :o

If it's going to pay off debt, then we have to look into the past to see where the money went. I.e. like many have said better than I, if people buy things on credit, and hence spend more than they possibly can, then at some later point they must start paying for it.

Somebody must be getting rich on the back of this.

Billy Shears

- House builders

- Banks & mortgage companies

- Estate agents

- STR

- People who have emmigrated

- People who have downsized

- Property investors who have sold some of their properties

- Ipod makers

- Holiday companies

- B&Q

- Builders

and soon ....

- Debt collectors

- Bankruptcy lawyers

- Marriage counsulers

- Divorce lawyers

- Ballifs

Edited by padders

If it's going to pay off debt, then we have to look into the past to see where the money went. I.e. like many have said better than I, if people buy things on credit, and hence spend more than they possibly can, then at some later point they must start paying for it.

Billy Shears

Ha ha ha! :D Yes, the bankers! Did you not see the news reports about bonus season recently?!?!

Here is the play for the bankers:

1) When somebody asks you for a mortgage, simply create the money and lend it to them. Interest rates are low. The economic cycle has started and the boom times are here!

2) As HPI ramps up, homeowners start to feel wealthy, so they MEW with you - result: you create more money and lend it to them

3) They spend it, feel rich, and get into a bit more debt

4) Raise interest rates across the board (cite all sorts of reasons, except for the main one which is your own greed)

5) Eventually they start to get into trouble on their shorter-term loans - so they consolidate their debts by MEWing with you yet again. By now you own the overwhelming majority of their house.

6) Tighten rates a bit more, thereby retiring more and more of your debt money from the economy. The sheeple then really get into trouble, working like crazy to make repayments

7) Repossess their house. Through them out on the street.

Remember the central beauty of the scam: you have laid claim on their assets through lending money that YOU created! Fantastic!! Wow, getting rich is SO EASY when you are the only profession in society that is actually allowed to magically create money!! It is almost like legal counterfeiting!

Ahem. <_<