House Price Crash Forum

I think Gordon "Miracle Economy" Brown may go down as the most disastrous Chancellor the world has seen

Without doubt; history will re-visit over and again the track record of this truly appalling steward of Britain's finances.

Consider the following:

In 1997 he inherited a robust economy from the Conservatives - he has wrecked it.

In 1997 the UK had the finest private pension schemes in Europe - he has systematically thieved billions every year from these funds by the removal of tax dividend credits. In addition his ruling that forces them to invest substantially in gilts, yet another of his nasty and deceitful stealth taxes, has denied these same funds the opportunity to invest in equities yielding worthwhile returns. In short he has utterly destroyed private pensions and meanwhile has created endless 'make-work' jobs in the public sector whose recipients enjoy gold blocked pensions and the ability to retire at 60, while the rest are forced to toil into their 70's to pay for these non-productive idlers.

He has presided over a massive, and ultimately unsustainable, bubble in property prices that serves nobody and has sucked every penny of disposable income into the worthless pursuit of non-productive bricks and mortar. The UK economy is now based solely on selling each other our houses at ever more ludicrous prices; it's akin to taking in each others washing. Meanwhile manufacture withers on the vine, investment in creative ideas evaporates and even service industries, much trumpeted by Thatcher as the future for the UK, die or simply migrate to India and elsewhere.

Add to this the narrow-minded predujices of the Calvinist, his hatred for the middle class in general and the English in particular, and you see a truly awful man who will go down in history as the worst Chancellor in living memory.

QUOTE.

Add to this the narrow-minded predujices of the Calvinist, his hatred for the middle class in general and the English in particular, and you see a truly awful man who will go down in history as the worst Chancellor in living memory.

Hi,

I think you give him too much credit. I think he is just a clumsy, scruffy oaf who has equally screwed members across the board with his incompetencies. If we had nice hospitals, schools, road and trains you could say 'hey! At least we have something to show". He wasn't even an economist or proved himself him business before he put his size 10's in it. He is a lawyer-turned-career politician (and wasn't much of a sucess in law either). He WILL be exposed for the charlatan he is, straight out of the Enron school of accountancy.

Edited by boom_and_bust

Why did Mr "Miracle" sell gold at the lowest price? Its now more than double what he sold it for.

damn, beat me to that one

what happened to the license fees for 3G phones, or the extra revenue from North Sea oil?

did i hear crumbling health service? I seem to hear it every day at present

assassination is really too good for him - i think he should be made to live off an average salary until retirement without any of his current perks

Good post Red Baron

Thank you Dog.

I might add that I am convinced that Blair wants to stay in office because he knows that's Brown's policies will end ruinously and Blair wants him to remain Chancellor to carry the can. In other words Blair wants Brown to be the 'Patsy'.

Edited by Red Baron

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Brown was never a lawyer. At least get your facts right. Isnt it past your bedtime?

He probably meant a Barrack Room Lawyer, all wind and no substance. ;)

Is the fact that the FTSE 100 pension deficits have halved since the market recovered from 9/11 relevant?

Recovered into a high street / manufacturing abyss. :lol:

Charlie - how's the numbers on the bankruptcies going. Up, down or Gordon Brown?

Edited by music man

I might add that I am convinced that Blair wants to stay to office because he knows that's Brown's policies will end ruinously and Blair wants him to remain Chancellor to carry the can.

Is Blair really as intelligent as to realise all that - to have analysed it all like we have ?

Blair isn't an economist and his own foray into property hasn't done him any favours. I suspect that issues like Iraq and cosying up to Bush have been occupying most of his time over the last few years.

Edited by Warwickshire Lad

gree with all that If ever there was a valid case for assassination, GB, surely, has to be it.

i think that statement was an actual crime !!!

im calling the thought police. this comment will be added to your ID record.

Could one of you guys PLEASE take over as shadow chancellor. Or Tory leader.

Why didn't Cameron lay into GB after his budget speech? He just rattled off some sound bites which amounted to nothing. Why didn't he slag off the state of the economy when he had the chance? With millions of viewers?

Why did Ken Clarke recently say "GBrown hasn't been a BAD chancellor. He just hasn't been a very good one"

Why didn't George Osbourne attack GB more vehemently in his televised budget response?

(I have never voted Labour BTW)

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Charlie - how's the numbers on the bankruptcies going. Up, down or Gordon Brown?

You can check daily from my signature, another big day tomorrow. Mr Registrar Simmonds won`t be getting a holiday this year. :(

I WAS A LABOUR VOTER

NEVER AGAIN - Gordon Brown needs to be thrown into a 'cess-pitt'and drown in the shit he has put this country in!!!!

I hope he gets into power and the whole country RIOTS!"!!

TB

Is Blair really as intelligent as to realise all that - to have analysed it all like we have ?

Blair isn't an economist and his own foray into property hasn't done him any favours. I suspect that issues like Iraq and cosying up to Bush have been occupying most of his time over the last few years.

I don't think that we are exactly alone in seeing the economy for what it is..

I think Tony Blair handing Brown the accolades for the economy a few years back was careful forward thinking

what happened to the license fees for 3G phones,

Yup £22.5 Billion (or Billions in Brownspeak) windfall in the '00 accounts, straight down the public spending toilet. What's more there's another spectrum windfall due shortly to keep the public fooled over his shakey Golden rule. Meanwhile India and China become a hub for International business. Telecoms giants such as Nokia, Ericsson and the big IT consultancies set-up shop not just for the cheap, well-educated labour force but encouraged through generous business investment tax-breaks.

The culture/policies in these coming super-powers being around the promotion of technology, innovation, and business success rather than a government obsessed by meddling in "equality of reward" masquerading as "equality of opportunity".

He's taking us back to where we were in the 70's and the public won't realise the full damage he's done until they are nearer pensionable age.....The sad thing is he'll probably still get to make PM, bask in further 'The Sun/Mirror' glory before handling over the keys to another government to sort the mess from '09......A strategically thrown election in '92, would have left things on a far better footing now............

Yup £22.5 Billion (or Billions in Brownspeak) windfall in the '00 accounts, straight down the public spending toilet. What's more there's another spectrum windfall due shortly to keep the public fooled over his shakey Golden rule. Meanwhile India and China become a hub for International business. Telecoms giants such as Nokia, Ericsson and the big IT consultancies set-up shop not just for the cheap, well-educated labour force but encouraged through generous business investment tax-breaks.

The culture/policies in these coming super-powers being around the promotion of technology, innovation, and business success rather than a government obsessed by meddling in "equality of reward" masquerading as "equality of opportunity".

He's taking us back to where we were in the 70's and the public won't realise the full damage he's done until they are nearer pensionable age.....The sad thing is he'll probably still get to make PM, bask in further 'The Sun/Mirror' glory before handling over the keys to another government to sort the mess from '09......A strategically thrown election in '92, would have left things on a far better footing now............

Uhm,....

they might realise sooner..

As the blair rich..

(should be brown rich... but blair rich is clever like)

As the Blair Rich realise that they seem to be in large amounts of debt there will be a shaky bit

I think he probably IS intelligent enough, which is precisely why he's making no signs of moving on. Like I've said before, he wants to screw GB into the ground. Besides, it doesn't take much analysis to see more-than-doubled debt against a salary-trickle and put that together.

As for Blair's property shenanigans, I don't think he gives a shit because he reckons he and Cherie will have it good on the speeches circuit post-leaving. Which is precisely how Maggie, John Major and even Neil Kinnock made it big after they vanished from the public scene... Oh. Actually .... er .... you were right, Warks, he's a dumb ass. I take it all back.

I think we should build a statue of Gordon Brown in Trafalgar Square...

....so all the pigeons can crap on his head.

they might realise sooner..

Blair rich - yeah quite a horror story ring to it.....

Sure the masses will tire and some will get wind over the spendthrift damage caused........but the full and utter devastation of these policies/thefts won't come home to roost till he's either drawing his final salary government pension or in his box 6ft down.

The 5 economic ages of UK plc from late 17C to present:

Agricultural - gone/defunct

Industrial - gone/defunct

Manufacturing - gone East

Service - going east fast

Public sector/Housing - WTF :blink: