House Price Crash Forum
lucylocket

Explain This Where Is The Hpc

Look at this small row of houses called Golden Lane in brighton post code BN1 2BN here is the latest Rightmove under offer and net house prices on how it has gone up.

Yep, Brighton is booming in many ways. Maybe they`re the new lambs to the slaughter ;)

Sussex finished tenth-highest on a list of 53 counties for mortgage repossessions in 2005. Brighton is by far the highest on a list of homes repossessed during the last quarter.

Guest Winners and Losers

Look at this small row of houses called Golden Lane in brighton post code BN1 2BN here is the latest Rightmove under offer and net house prices on how it has gone up.

Rightmove

Rightmove for postcode BN1 2BN

Nethouseprices

Nethouseprices for BN1 2BN

where is the HPC

Lucy

Nice first post :unsure::rolleyes: LL

Nice first post :unsure::rolleyes: LL.

Edited by Winners and Losers

Its really easy:

BOJ hasn't tightened the thumbscrews sufficiently yet.

Oil is still languishing under 70p a barrel.

Brighton is the biggest trendy t... oops I was about to say something nasty about Brighton. :o Will obstain

Guest Winners and Losers

Sorry, WAL cranky now, grrrrowwwlll :angry:

Where is the HPC - read the site first. One row of houses in one postcode does not mean that house prices are not falling in other parts of the UK. So sick and so tired.

Rightmove

Nethouseprices

where is the HPC

Lucy

That's odd - my husband's boss couldn't shift his house in Brighton, lowered the price, and was threatened that if he didn't lower the price again, the buyer would drop out. Moved elsewhere now highly overstretched on new mortgage, they can't afford anything, or afford to do anything to the new house - which is causing him and his partner to fall out big time.

Come on, be fair! HPC can be a personal thing. Some of us are seeing our own little crashes.

Lucy, if you aren't just some busy EA called Roger* or failed property developer, might I suggest you place this post under "What are house prices doing in your area?" forum instead. There's probably already a thread for Skidrow-On-Sea Sorry the City of Brighton and Hove.

btp

*Absolutely nothing against people called Roger.

Look at this small row of houses called Golden Lane etc etc

Taking this at face value (maybe unwisely) ...

I know Brighton well and know this area and there is some variation in properties so the previous sales may well be completely irrelevant

Under Offer is often EA BS, and even if it is genuinely under offer, there is nothing here to show what price the offer is at.

One foolish buyer does not equate to a million foolish buyers.

Prices in Brighton are way out of line with where they should be - prices there fell significantly last year and it has become harder to shift property there, so this example is pretty pointless.

I'm not one of those that predicts massive falls, but even I find this example irrelevant and the post suspicious.

Edited by Magpie

Guest Winners and Losers

*Absolutely nothing against people called Roger.

There's nothing better than a nice Roger. :)

Taking this at face value (maybe unwisely) ...

I know Brighton well and know this area and there is some variation in properties so the previous sales may well be completely irrelevant

Under Offer is often EA BS, and even if it is genuinely under offer, there is nothing here to show what price the offer is at.

One foolish buyer does not equate to a million foolish buyers.

Prices in Brighton are way out of line with where they should be - prices there fell significantly last year and it has become harder to shift property there, so this example is pretty pointless.

I'm not one of those that predicts massive falls, but even I find this example irrelevant and the post suspicious.

I agree totally. Brighton has really been hit by falls so far and there's no reason why that won't continue, because property there is still so grossly over-valued. If this was from a genuine poster and not just a tedious VI, don't worry. Just pick any other house in any other street and you're likely to see a fall in value.

Guest Winners and Losers

Honestly, you women are worse than the blokes... :lol:

Well, HPC has been a little on the dull side for the past few days. Glad to see there is life in the old dog yet. :D

Ah, I kill myself! :lol:

I think the HPC has been eaten by the cat, either that or temporarily lost behind the sofa. icon14.gif And during the whole time that we’ve been arguing about the crash on here, i.e. since Oct 2003, house prices have actually risen by 25%. :o

Rightmove

Nethouseprices

where is the HPC

Lucy

My sister and her husband have had their flat in the BN1 area on the market for nearly a year - hardly any viewings, despite it being absolutely gorgeous. To be fair to them - they're not even asking much more than they paid for it two and a half years ago - the place they have their eye on has also been on the market for AGES - still no offers (lucky for them, as they really want it).

No HPC??? Well - not yet in BN1 perhaps - but it's virtually there..... it will only take the final straw now to break the proverbial camel's back...

Why has Lucy taken the time to subscribe to post this, and not follow up the comments or post anywhere else.

I call TROLL!!!! :rolleyes:

That's odd - my husband's boss couldn't shift his house in Brighton, lowered the price, and was threatened that if he didn't lower the price again, the buyer would drop out. Moved elsewhere now highly overstretched on new mortgage, they can't afford anything, or afford to do anything to the new house - which is causing him and his partner to fall out big time.

Great, love to hear all that good stuff, feed me more, hmmmm lovely couples overstretched, ready for breaking, on the poverty line, can't ask daddy for anymore cash, greedy couples wanting more, let them burn, burn dammit, let them all go to hell & beyond....

Arrggh! Why do other people see these things and I don't see any evidence of it at all?!!!

I agree that prices are vastly inflated in Brighton and have risen by about 3.8 times in ten years according to 'up my street.com', and I'm hoping for a big fall because otherwise I'll never be able to afford to buy here. But, at the moment...

Firstly, unlike you, I haven't seen any falls. What areas have prices been falling in Brighton? I've been keeping an eye on the market, and the areas I've been looking at rose last year.

Secondly, I know plenty of people that have sold in the last year (at least six?) and they didn't have too much trouble getting a buyer (but admittedly most of my friends are in BN2 (Kemptown, Lewis Road) and BN3 (Hove), plus I know a few that have had chains broken for various reasons). I haven't seen any evidence that property is hard to shift.

Unless things have changed very recently (as I hope!!), I just don't see evidence of a crash at the moment in Brighton. I wasn't lucky enough to be able to buy from 1995 to 2000, unlike most of my friends, and have been at the mercy of shite landlords in small, characterless flats for all this time, so I've kept quite a close eye on the market.

Great, love to hear all that good stuff, feed me more, hmmmm lovely couples overstretched, ready for breaking, on the poverty line, can't ask daddy for anymore cash, greedy couples wanting more, let them burn, burn dammit, let them all go to hell & beyond....

I hope you don't think i'm gloating, did i sound happy about it? - or was i just describing their situation? - they're really strapped. That's the situation they're in (i don't think he'll be asking daddy for cash, as he's into his 50's). Or is the above just what you wish?

Just to come back to the shouts of Troll. I am not a Troll or a Bull or Bear for that matter. Like Minimind, I have been looking to buy a flat in Brighton for a while and all I can see is prices going up, which doesn’t match with what I have read on this site for the last few months, so I thought I would post my experience.

As I have said I have no vested interests in this at all, I am just writing my personal experience. If people cannot write about their unbiased experience on this site without abuse I can’t see the point, you all might as well block your ears, ignore the outside world and live in your chosen reality.

Having said that I will be looking at Nethouseprices to see what the final selling price was.

Lucy

Guest The_Oldie

Just to come back to the shouts of Troll. I am not a Troll or a Bull or Bear for that matter. Like Minimind, I have been looking to buy a flat in Brighton for a while and all I can see is prices going up, which doesn’t match with what I have read on this site for the last few months, so I thought I would post my experience.

As I have said I have no vested interests in this at all, I am just writing my personal experience. If people cannot write about their unbiased experience on this site without abuse I can’t see the point, you all might as well block your ears, ignore the outside world and live in your chosen reality.

Having said that I will be looking at Nethouseprices to see what the final selling price was.

Lucy

No vested interest?

It's Interesting that you made this post from an IP address used by "LivingTheDream-JustLikeLeedsUtd".

Even more interesting, the IP address is registered to a business in Brighton.