House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CommonSense

Ea Tricks

Whilst browsing the local free property jazzmag, I noticed that the photos from one agent had been stretched using a graphics package in order to make the property look bigger.

I found this very funny.

Whilst browsing the local free property jazzmag, I noticed that the photos from one agent had been stretched using a graphics package in order to make the property look bigger.

I found this very funny.

I've seen this on rightmove pictures too. Made me laugh.

A friend of mine sold his house and emigrated to NZ last June with his young family. I know the family who bought the house as they are now new customers of mine so was very surprised to see the house in the window of the local estate agents window with 'Sold Subject to Contract'. I asked the family if they were moving again as it seemed odd that having only been there 9 months with a young family that they would be moving so soon and had sold their new house so quickly. It was news to them - I wonder just how many of the houses in the estate agents windows with 'Sold' or 'Sold Subject to Contract' are in fact properties that sold months and months ago. Lying, deceiving scumbags trying to fool the general public that properties are selling when clearly they are not - may they rot in hell.

I saw a huge block of new build flats the other day with red stickers in all of the windows saying "sold" except for the one flat which said "for sale". (These weren't normal for sale boards etc)

Obviously trying to create the impression that they are being snaped up! Better get the last one!

Edited by CrashBear

I wonder just how many of the houses in the estate agents windows with 'Sold' or 'Sold Subject to Contract' are in fact properties that sold months and months ago. Lying, deceiving scumbags trying to fool the general public that properties are selling when clearly they are not - may they rot in hell.

Just had a look at the EA's website that sold my place 4 months ago. My house is still advertised as 'SOLD' on their site after all this time. The funny thing is there are actually very few 'SOLD' houses on their site - thus they've sold very few places in 4 months. Must stop by their shop and see if it's still in the window...

Just had a look at the EA's website that sold my place 4 months ago. My house is still advertised as 'SOLD' on their site after all this time. The funny thing is there are actually very few 'SOLD' houses on their site - thus they've sold very few places in 4 months. Must stop by their shop and see if it's still in the window...

Are we related?

We "Ignorants" should stick together.

I found this very funny.

We got this a lot with the paper we advertise in.

It's not the EA stretching the photo to make the house look bigger, it's the paper altering the photo to get it to fit the template of the advert.

Not everything an ea does is a conspiracy!! :o

It's not the EA stretching the photo to make the house look bigger, it's the paper altering the photo to get it to fit the template of the advert.

Thus either the Quality assurance of the EA photoshop is rubbish or the EA purposely chooses a thinner aspect ratio to achieve this affect.

So to earn his money the EA is either cr*p or a con artist.

Scum either way.

For once I will back up Mildura. Thought you left?????? :blink:

A paper works in column inches. depending on size its normally about 26mm with a 2mm gutter. Photos are always made to fit a width. If the advert then becomes too deep they will change the height. Its lazy as they could always crop it but deadlines on newspapers are generally DEAD TIGHT!

TB

For once I will back up Mildura. Thought you left?????? :blink:

TB

No - how could i!! Had a little break but couldn't stay away!!

Glad to see you're still around TB! ;)

M

Are we related?

We "Ignorants" should stick together.

You are more probably related to boll weevils. Or maybe witchety grubs.

Or anything else disgusting and useless.

And BTW, didnt you say you were 'leaving this forum, never to return'?

Edited by CrashIsUnderWay