House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smell the Fear

Residential Property Sipps Resurrected?

Sounds like trouble ahead again!!

Anything that gives an investor purchasing power over residentual property has to be a no-no for April.

Even Gordon Brown understands the implications of house prices kicking off again!

How stupid are people.

all they are doing is crushing their own countries economy!

The Treasury are doing donuts on this one!

it is in the HPC blog - linked to an FT article

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/7100c1ee-c0fa-11d...20abe49a01.html

the last paragraph is odd - does it mean that if people take it up in numbers, the treasury will then sit on it again?

what is it with this so-called government and their penchant for retrospective legislation? <_<

Calm down. You need 10 people to form a syndicate. You can not put your own or your holiday home in the Sipp.

These two points alone will stop whatever it is your worried about. Imagine, you can only use the Sipp for BTL yet to do this you have to find 9 other 40% tax payers to form the syndicate and get on with each other. This means that 10 people who are bright enough to pay 40% tax will entrust their hard earnt to 9 others.

I don't think so.

Exactly. Try getting on as a partnership and times that by nine and on top of that you cannot put in your second home.

I don't think so.

It would be like a crook asking his mates to look after the loot whilst he's inside.

Exactly. Try getting on as a partnership and times that by nine and on top of that you cannot put in your second home.

I don't think so.

It would be like a crook asking his mates to look after the loot whilst he's inside.

Hi,

Remember also that Prescot is tightening up on standards with the new landlord license and mutli-occupancy specifications. BTL is a bit - possibly a fair bit - more expensive and bureacratic from this financial year on. And oh yeah, I bet it won't be long before the stealth taxes start hitting the BTL market. I recently saw a large page advert in a supplement from one of the banks offering a 10% interest rate return on cash savings accounts of 25K+, a risk free investment.

Calm down. You need 10 people to form a syndicate. You can not put your own or your holiday home in the Sipp.

These two points alone will stop whatever it is your worried about. Imagine, you can only use the Sipp for BTL yet to do this you have to find 9 other 40% tax payers to form the syndicate and get on with each other. This means that 10 people who are bright enough to pay 40% tax will entrust their hard earnt to 9 others.

I don't think so.

I have heard of people buying BTL and commercial property in such syndicates for a long time - this would not be a new development. Giving it a tax efficient wrapper will just add to the appeal.