House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mercenarul

Smart Btl's - There Are A Few About.

Went to see a property last weekend. Turned out to be a BTL selling up. After talkin to the EA and saying I had seen a couple of other similar properties that were in better condition (owner had looked aftewr the place rather than tennants not caring and the place looking a bit run down) and would be better value for money than this one, I asked if he had any offers and why he was selling. He had turned down an offer of 93% of asking price ( I was going to offer less).

House was bought 4 years ago and is selling for a healthy profit. He is selling because the owner would like to invest the money in a non housing related project. EA then added, without me asking, there are quite a lot of landlords doing the same at the moment.

Some people have realised we are in a bubble and now is time to get out.

Still maybe he is stupid for not accepting that very reasonable offer (if it ever actually existed).

these arent the 'smart' btl people - theyre too late.

the 'smart' money got out last year latest.

I have looked @ 3 property's in the last week and every one was a BTL selling up.

ril

At least 2 BTLs being sold within an earshot of my house. The first is empty, the second is being sold tenanted although the tenancy runs out in a few months time.