House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bvesel

Remove Details From Nethouseprice.com

time machine?

either (a) go back and don't buy/sell

or (B) go back to Stalin's Russia where airbrushing history was more socially acceptable.

I think you'll struggle.

Can't be done.

Even if they did remove your details then they're still in the bundle of data that the Land Registry sells to anyone waving cash at them.

WTF would you want to ? Have you been telling porkies at dinner parties about how much you paid/sold for?

might be embarrasing when you have bought a house for £300K, when it only was sold on, a year earlier for £200K,

(and now its worth £250K)

rodney, the plonker

Edited by notanewmember

does anyone know how to have ones details removed from sites like nethouseprice.com?

Why bother? Its so behind reality it doesnt actually give current information. Whatever you are trying to hide will be ancient history by the time that someone can see it!

Take a small (and i mean small in every sense) development in Berkhamsted, Herts. Three pokey terraced "town houses" sold at the end of last year. They were up for £425000 (expensive place where "prices never fall". so i am told by the affluent residents, who are imune to any economic changes because "its Berkhamsted".

You cannot find out what all three actually sold for, on Nethousprices.com, but they did. Now for whatever reason, (furniture too big, unemployment, business gone under, mortgage more than they thought, who knows), the middle one is advertised at £375,000 on property section of local paper. Nethousprices.com doesnt indicate the fall in value ie the house price crash that is in progress. Why is it that i can see a crash but Berkhamsted residents cant?

Even if it was purchased for, let's say £400,000 in December there was almost certainly a deal, stamp duty paid, solicitors refunded etc etc by developer(reduced costs which wont appear on nethousprices.com) The current seller surely will have to take a big, big loss. They aint going to get the asking price. But if we wait for 2 years and look on Nethousp[ices we might find out. Its as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

The HPC? Its really on, the believers were right, and the sheeple they shall inherit the debt caused by their own greed and stuipidity........or am i just being paranoid?

I wonder if all transactions are recorded or if some are removed.

A relatives house was sold last spring, but it hasn't appeared on these sites.

There are some errors in the LR data, but I suspect that these are not deliberate.

In a data set of this size you always have the potential for a small %age of errors.

By and large the data seems to be about right, although:

Some properties sometimes don't appear

Some properties appear as the wrong type (Detached/Semi/Terrace/Flat)

thanks all. i hate the fact my purchase price is plastered over the web. Its b*llocks the land reg can sell this data. No ones business. If i buy shares no one goes and tells the world what i paid. :angry:

anyway thanks for your comments.

thanks all. i hate the fact my purchase price is plastered over the web. Its b*llocks the land reg can sell this data. No ones business. If i buy shares no one goes and tells the world what i paid. :angry: Yes they can.

Come on then. Whats yer postcode? :P

thanks all. i hate the fact my purchase price is plastered over the web. Its b*llocks the land reg can sell this data. No ones business. If i buy shares no one goes and tells the world what i paid. :angry:

Yes they can and always have been able to.

Previously it required a small amount of work and a £2 fee tho.

Webmaster - what's bvesel's IP address? We should be able to get the ISP from that, and they'll give us the PostCode. --- Oh hang on, don't bother, I think I've found him on Google Maps!!!

:lol::lol: What a house!!!!! Hey guys, get a load of this!!! You paid HOW MUCH for THAT??

;)

There are some errors in the LR data, but I suspect that these are not deliberate.

In a data set of this size you always have the potential for a small %age of errors.

By and large the data seems to be about right, although:

Some properties sometimes don't appear

Some properties appear as the wrong type (Detached/Semi/Terrace/Flat)

I sold my house back in January and am still waiting for it to appear on ourproperty.co.uk, when I asked them why my house sale wasn't showing up, they said that there can be anything up to 6 months delay in the land registry getting the information from the solicitor.

There's a lot of people who still don't know of websites like nethouseprices. I think it's great, I can now show people lots of examples where prices have fallen in my area - great if your having a 'debate' with a stupid bull!

www.houseprices.co.uk is better!

NIR

There are more important things to worry about than having your house purchase recorded in a database.

If the current regime are allowed to prevail with their National Identity Register the government will get an audit trail of your entire life including such details as where and when you collect a parcel.

'Computing letters page 6.4.06':

http://forum.no2id.net/viewtopic.php?t=5765

STAR LETTER

Can technology handle ID stress?

Now the government has forced through its controversial ID card legislation (ID cards bill finally passed, www.computing.co.uk/2153101), we can look forward to billions of pounds of public money being wasted on a database that a number of IT experts have described as beyond current technology to implement securely.

Even if the database does work there will be thousands of people authorised to access it who could be bribery targets.

The Home Office has proposed logging details of every financial transaction conducted by every citizen with a value over £100, and the database will be operational from 2008. As IT experts we have a responsibility to ensure the government is made aware of the technology's limitations.

Tim Steele by email.

thanks all. i hate the fact my purchase price is plastered over the web. Its b*llocks the land reg can sell this data. No ones business. If i buy shares no one goes and tells the world what i paid.

Err... lists of company shareholders are also public knowledge, just ask the animal rights people! For £2.50 the DVLA will give out your name and address from just entering the number plate. Do you run a limited company? People can grab the latest accounts of Companies House if they so wish, most people don't give a stuff, in reality you aren't that important, nobody cares, get over it :)

Yes, I plan to swallow a lot of the rise myself, but still make sure it's paying for itself, with maybe a little left over.

You're also correct on the other point. It is for capital appreciation, or as equity against my family home (eventually) or as a pension when I retire, & / or to simply pay for itself until I want to move in (which could be V soon if he doesn't want to pay any increase whatsoever)

Err... lists of company shareholders are also public knowledge, just ask the animal rights people! For £2.50 the DVLA will give out your name and address from just entering the number plate. Do you run a limited company? People can grab the latest accounts of Companies House if they so wish, most people don't give a stuff, in reality you aren't that important, nobody cares, get over it :)

Yeah and I remember seeing on a tv show a few years ago that in one of the northern European countries, (can't remember exactly which one) you can look up quite easily a car owners name and address just by the reg plate. It was in a publication that was readily available to anyone but must be online now.

Imagine the crime levels in the uk, given the amount of road rage, if we had the same information readily available......

Stiff upper lip everyone <_< or was that a swollen one :blink:

Yeah and I remember seeing on a tv show a few years ago that in one of the northern European countries, (can't remember exactly which one) you can look up quite easily a car owners name and address just by the reg plate. It was in a publication that was readily available to anyone but must be online now.

In Finland your personal tax records are public knowledge in with the electoral role, any fines or levies are graduated based on your income. For example, a Nokia exec was fined £81,000 for going 15mph over the speed limit. :rolleyes:

does anyone know how to have ones details removed from sites like nethouseprice.com?

The house I sold nearly 2 years ago is no longer available on nethouseprices etc. No idea why, it used to be and I certainly never asked for it to be removed.

For £2.50 the DVLA will give out your name and address from just entering the number plate. [buyingBear]

Handy for finding out where that nice blond with the MG lives or that middle-aged gent keeps his new Ducati...

'DVLA database details sold to criminals -- implications for the proposed National Identity Register':

http://www.spy.org.uk/spyblog/2005/11/dvla...ls_sold_to.html

The Government is selling the names and home addresses of motorists on its drivers' database to convicted criminals, a Mail on Sunday investigation has revealed.

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) tells would-be wheel-clampers there is "no problem" with them buying drivers' home addresses -- even if they have a criminal record.

Indeed, the two bosses of one clamping firm on the list of companies to whom the DVLA is happy to sell drivers' details are currently serving seven years' jail between them for extorting money from motorists.

The Mail on Sunday has now forced the DVLA to hand over its list of 157 firms which can buy personal information about drivers at £2.50 a time. All the companies need do is tap in a registration plate, and back comes the full name and address of the vehicle's owners.

Some people don't even need to pay to get people's home addresses...

'DVLA man helped animal activists':

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/3951945.stm

A vehicle registration official who gave drivers' addresses to animal rights activists has been jailed for five months.

Also see 'Licensed to sell your identity':

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1056-1895065,00.html

Nor does DVLA check that it is not selling the list to people with criminal records: it deals with Aquarius Security — clampers whose management were found guilty of blackmail at Bristol Crown Court and given prison sentences. One of them was already on an ASBO after being accused of driving his truck into a 60-year-old man, breaking his knee. They clamped one young woman’s car in the middle of a three-point turn. But the DVLA saw nothing wrong in selling that company addresses for £2.50 each so that they could find other citizens to harass.

the number plate country you think of is switzerland. there a number plate is registered to a person, not a car. you can buy "phone books" with the name/address/phone/registration of every person in the country. strangely, there doesnt seem to be number plate theft

what countrys will not share bank account details with the british government/ inland revenue?

apart from crete. i think its better to move through as many countries as possible

ps dont try that tracking crap with me, im using an unsecured access point!

Edited by lexus