Trade Time: 9:09AM

Change: 3.05 (0.80%)

Prev Close: 381.25

Open: 380.00

Bid: 380.00

Ask: 382.00

1y Target Est: N/A

I believe the launch price was around 3.91. Time to sell :lol:

After the initial flurry after IPO, the price has been flat and volumes low for the last couple of weeks. There seems to be support at 380p but little real interest in the stock one way or the other.

Agree with above - 380>384 seems to be the area of interest but to drop to the 370's???

RESULT!!!!

I hope they drop to 50p a share personally but UNLIKE my murphy's I AM BITTER :)

TB

Edited by teddyboy

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...2114198,00.html

The Sunday Times April 02, 2006

Inside the City: Why it could all go wrong for Rightmove

RICHARD FLETCHER

SHARES in Rightmove, the property website, may have slipped slightly last week, but the company is still trading on a price-earnings ratio of more than 100.
Even judged against the excesses of the dotcom boom that is an impressive rating.
Much of the “hope” value in the share price stems from the belief that Rightmove will profit from government plans to simplify the house-buying process.

Guest The_Oldie

Countrywide are doing rather well today though, I wonder what's driving that?

As at 03-Apr-2006 12:48:40

511.000 Price Move +10.25 +2.05%

...trading on a price-earnings ratio of more than 100.

Even judged against the excesses of the dotcom boom that is an impressive rating.

is there anything related to this company or the property market that isn't from planet la la.

price-earnings of 100?!

interesting reference to the dotcom boom - an admission we're in a bubble right now?

rightmove will drop to 35p at some point, mark my words! (deliberately open ended, but hey!)

Edited by ca-uk

the company’s broker, expects the packs to generate £360m of £400m forecast turnover.

So if Kirsty kills off HIP's I think that would spell the end of RM.

Surely with its forecast turnover cut by 90% the shares should trade nicely down to the 30p range!

Could this be the trigger.

Come on Kirsty, at last you have a use!

Edited by 2MeterBear

the company’s broker, expects the packs to generate £360m of £400m forecast turnover.

How will that work? Will they sell their valuation service to the HIP surveyors or supply the surveys themselves? If the former, I don't see how they can hit that target. If the latter, the costs of setup and exposure to competition makes that revenue very risky.

Or am I missing something?

T&T

Last Trade: 377.00

Trade Time: 11:21AM ET

Change: 4.25 (1.11%)

Bid: 377.00

Ask: 381.00

Hitting new lows this afternoon.

Well contrarian position. I think rightmove stock is just finding is balance and it has little to nothing to do with the housing market and everything to do with the state of the books and forward projections. It is a newly realeased stock will bounce around a bit until it finds its own waterline. Maybe up, maybe down, but of all the 'housing stocks' rightmove are in fact the best placed in a collapsing situation, in fact, a huge firesale would be to its advantage. What is the one thing that EVERYONE has to do to offload a house, repo or not? Yeah. Thats right. Advertise.

I wouldn't put much stock in this as the indicator of a housing market and if I did, I would be going the other way. If the plunge looks imminent BUY BUY BUY!

Last Trade: 377.00

Trade Time: 11:21AM ET

Change: 4.25 (1.11%)

Bid: 377.00

Ask: 381.00

Hitting new lows this afternoon.

Nice to see but COUNTRYWIDE DID WELL :(

Last Trade: 516.75 p

Trade Time: 4:35PM

Change: Up +16.00 (+3.20%)

Prev Close: 500.75

Open: 504.50

Bid: 516.50 x 5965

Ask: 517.00 x 12

1y Target Est: 515.00

I wouldn't put much stock in this as the indicator of a housing market and if I did, I would be going the other way. If the plunge looks imminent BUY BUY BUY!

I would say that if it wasn't for the 100:1 price to earnings ratio: either its profits are going up by a factor of three to six in the next year or two, or it's overvalued that much.

3.74 this morning :lol:

RIGHTMOVE (LSE:RMV.L)

Last Trade: 374.75 p

Trade Time: 9:49AM

Change: 4.25 (1.12%)

Prev Close: 379.00

Open: 375.00

Bid: 374.00

Ask: 375.00

1y Target Est: N/A

interesting...

low of 373p on March 17th - will we go lower today?

yesterday was 3rd highest volume traded since IPO - smart money is cashing in I think.

I'm not a day trader and don't usually give to much heed to intraday movements but the price may be set for a drop here.

btw reported y'day that Ed Williams(Managing Director) sold 970,200 shares @335p - talk about smart money :D

I read that they are priced so high (against their 'real' value) on the baisis of HIPS being brought in. Seems tenuous to say the least.

I thought institutional investors would perform a sell-off right after an IPO to shake out the small timers, and buy back in at a lower price later.

sell buy change volume

367.00p 370.00p -10.5p 318,674.00

Could be worse :lol:

I do tend to agree with what Ms Liz has said though, they are probably just finding ground at the moment. So i dont think their drop is a reflection of housing market news.

rmv6mnth.png

post-1435-1144155940.png

Guest The_Oldie

I'm not a day trader and don't usually give to much heed to intraday movements but the price may be set for a drop here.

btw reported y'day that Ed Williams(Managing Director) sold 970,200 shares @335p - talk about smart money :D

That's a very significant amount to sell. His holding was listed at 1,186,695 shares after the flotation.

Name of No. of Ordinary No. of Ordinary Percentage of the

Director Shares acquired Shares held Company's issued share

after capital after

acquisition acquisition

Ed Williams 895 1,186,695 0.9%

If the figures are correct, he's sold over 80% of his holding at over 10% below yesterday's quoted price!

sell buy change volume

367.00p 370.00p -10.5p 318,674.00

Could be worse :lol:

I do tend to agree with what Ms Liz has said though, they are probably just finding ground at the moment. So i dont think their drop is a reflection of housing market news.

Would've been a good short term short though!! 10% in a month or so!

That's a very significant amount to sell. His holding was listed at 1,186,695 shares after the flotation.

If the figures are correct, he's sold over 80% of his holding!

reported on B'Berg y'day - could be an outright sale but we don't necessarily know the full story, but if I'd bought at the IPO I wouldn't be feeeling very confident about holding on especially at these PE's.