House Price Crash Forum
Jason

Shadow Mpc Votes 5-4 To Hold Rates

target="_blank">A number of SMPC members have contributed recently to a new book on monetary policy and the financial markets, Issues in Monetary Policy: The Relationship Between Money and Financial Markets, edited by Kent Matthews and Philip Booth (John Wiley & Sons Ltd in association with the IEA), which also includes a contribution by Mervyn King, and an appendix by Milton Friedman.

rates have to rise now. World Governments need higher inflation - higher rates now.

Blair is going to look a right mug if he gets reposessed before he is kicked out.

He will be able to afford a massive mansion in the end (nobody is disputing that).

I can't see how he can sign off rate increases that will lead to his own reposession. (that is preposterous).

I dislike Gordon Brown, but Blair is a bigger roadblock, he has to go now.

Edited by pop

If they drop rates, watch the economy and house prices shoot right up into the sky and then go poofff!

Seriously, this would lead to high inflation as the cost of things like errr... oil go through the roof exacerbating the already high prices;then just sit back and watch the economy fall to pieces (if it isn't already) we're still waiting on the effects of the high oil prices to filter through the economy, lower interest rates will mean definite recession in a years time.

It concerns me that they are playing politics with the market and the more they try to fight it the worse for the country, we need to take some bitter medicine, raise rates in line with everyone else!

If they drop rates, watch the economy and house prices shoot right up into the sky and then go poofff!

Seriously, this would lead to high inflation as the cost of things like errr... oil go through the roof exacerbating the already high prices;then just sit back and watch the economy fall to pieces (if it isn't already) we're still waiting on the effects of the high oil prices to filter through the economy, lower interest rates will mean definite recession in a years time.

It concerns me that they are playing politics with the market and the more they try to fight it the worse for the country, we need to take some bitter medicine, raise rates in line with everyone else!

I have to agree with this. If rates did go down house prices would shoot up! Everyone I talk too expects rates to go down, even those remortgaging say "my IFA says rates will go down"... I even point out to the fixed rates have done up... la la la... but... "the BBC said...".

People will throw any rationalism out of the window, and everyone would pile into property. It would be good for Gold+Silver though!

IMHO I don't expect rate to go anywhere for the next few months. Then I expect a rise!

Edited by Jason

No fiscally competent MPC/Government could dare to cut rates in order to stimulate the economy and encourage already over indebted customers to get themselves deeper into the mire & have even less hope of ever repaying what they’ve borrowed.

But then again……since when did we have one those?

How far off where the shadow mpc last month?

and surely there cannot ever be a shadow mpc as they are not in receipt of all the facts

Edited by eurows

The SMPC remind's me of 9 people playing poker with matchsticks, :lol: , it becomes a whole different ball-game when you have to use real money :o

There's no comebacks for them if it all went tits up.

I have to agree with this. If rates did go down house prices would shoot up! Everyone I talk too expects rates to go down, even those remortgaging say "my IFA says rates will go down"... I even point out to the fixed rates have done up... la la la... but... "the BBC said...".

People will throw any rationalism out of the window, and everyone would pile into property. It would be good for Gold+Silver though!

IMHO I don't expect rate to go anywhere for the next few months. Then I expect a rise!

You could tell them a little story about Japan. Just before bedtime. :lol: