Ban Buy To Let.

HOLA441
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

TTRTR, is that so? Do you have any figures demonstrating that?

Are you questioning that, or just looking for numbers.

I think it goes without saying, that the current lettings market in the UK is more competetive than it has ever been in living memory.

Competition equates to lower real prices and higher standards. Did you know that sitting tenants endured decades of low/no investment in renewing the standard of the properties they rented? Thos days are gone now and thankfully people can expect a competetive letting market to ensure that low standard properties will remain empty or be renovated back up to standard.

HOLA443

not ALL developments were bad. your thinking f the poulston scandal of bribery and corrucption within housing. like now i guess. i have actually lived in a 12 storey inner city block for 6 motnhs and it was acceptable at £50 pwk. i would not want to rent the exact same flat privatley for £120+ pwer week.

it was what it was. cheap.

Would you like a return to the Rachman days of the 50/60s?

HOLA444
I only invest in my own energy consultancy company! (plus a few cash ISAs and the usual shares and stuff)

You're the one who called them crusties

i bet you are in to the elbows in buy to let. thats why your here defending it. why else would you be here wasting your time on a sunday if it didnt concern you directly.

this is why you get called crusties. you have to peel back the flakes of deceit.

Would you like a return to the Rachman days of the 50/60s?

actually YES. at least they did build some affordable housing.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA445

Are you questioning that, or just looking for numbers.

I think it goes without saying, that the current lettings market in the UK is more competetive than it has ever been in living memory.

Competition equates to lower real prices and higher standards. Did you know that sitting tenants endured decades of low/no investment in renewing the standard of the properties they rented? Thos days are gone now and thankfully people can expect a competetive letting market to ensure that low standard properties will remain empty or be renovated back up to standard.

No, not questioning it at all, Surprised, pleased and interested though :)

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

i bet you are in to the elbows in buy to let. thats why your here defending it. why else would you be here wasting your time on a sunday if it didnt concern you directly.

this is why you get called crusties. you have to peel back the flakes of deceit.

[quuote]Would you like a return to the Rachman days of the 50/60s?

actually YES. at least they did build some affordable housing.

better than leaving it as a rat race pensions investment disaster.

I have no BTLs. And no way to prove it. I'm here because I want lower house prices for my kids - that doesn't mean I have to be ridiculous about banning rental properties!

As someone who started off life in 1 of Rachman's Notting Hill tenancies, I have the advantage over you in this argument, because you are a naive little 6th form-mentality pseudo-communist twerp!.

Do a Google on Peter Rachman, and then thank me for adding to your education. :lol:

HOLA449

This, coupled with the Assured Shorthold Tenancy and the buy-to-let mortgage has resulted in a steady rise in the supply of privately owned rented accommodation. We have a long way to go to reach the levels of the European market, but there is now a definite move in this direction.

If you want to kill-off buy to let, legislation has to swing in favour of tenants again.

Of course, this is nonsense - the only european market with a very large rented sector is Germany, and that's because tenents are granted ultra secure tenancies.

HOLA4410
I have no BTLs. And no way to prove it. I'm here because I want lower house prices for my kids - that doesn't mean I have to be ridiculous about banning rental properties!

As someone who started off life in 1 of Rachman's Notting Hill tenancies, I have the advantage over you in this argument, because you are a naive little 6th form-mentality pseudo-communist twerp!.

Do a Google on Peter Rachman, and then thank me for adding to your education.

i will think you will find it is you thats been shot down in flames.

your a btl through and through, you stink of it. even your name is there to lift the impression of being a 'casual observer'. as regards housing your more like a salavating car park dogging watcher.....

'you are a naive little 6th form-mentality pseudo-communist twerp!.'

hahaha - and you sir are completley vested to the nuts in recent dangerous property investments about to topple over. hence - the stress....

TTRTT where are those figures from sweden ? about the 10 year waits for flats he meant.

all you have done is posted some obscure post and called it gold.

HOLA4411

i will think you will find it is you thats been shot down in flames.

your a btl through and through, you stink of it. even your name is there to lift the impression of being a 'casual observer'. as regards housing your more like a salavating car park dogging watcher.....

hahaha - and you sir are completley vested to the nuts in recent dangerous property investments about to topple over. hence - the stress....

TTRTT where are those figures from sweden ? about the 10 year waits for flats he meant.

all you have done is posted some obscure post and called it gold.

When you go on your march, take a banner with "bring back Rachmanism" on it. It will be funny!

Bought the farm yet?

Edited by Casual Observer

HOLA4412

Of course, this is nonsense - the only european market with a very large rented sector is Germany, and that's because tenents are granted ultra secure tenancies.

Trends change. They did before. They can again.

The trend of decline in private renting throughout most of the 20th century was due largely to social trends and legislation designed to switch the balance of power away from the landlord in favour of the tenant. Examples of notoriously harsh Victorian landlords entered the public psyche through writers such as Dickens and Trollope, and the process was exacerbated in the 1950s by the notoriety and scandals of Peter Rachman et al. "Rachmanism" has entered the language as a term used to describe the activities of ruthless slum landlords and their exploitation of hapless tenants.

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/history.htm

HOLA4413

fred, there is a name for the disorder when you think everyone is lieing about themselves and the only evidence you have for it is that they disagree with you (actually are there any other communists here who do agree with him?)

Anyway, going to answer my question? How will the council set the rents. How will they decide what the rents are going to be. Clearly you have thought this all through so I assume there is a simple answer to this.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
fred, there is a name for the disorder when you think everyone is lieing about themselves and the only evidence you have for it is that they disagree with you (actually are there any other communists here who do agree with him?)

Anyway, going to answer my question? How will the council set the rents. How will they decide what the rents are going to be. Clearly you have thought this all through so I assume there is a simple answer to this.

dont shoot the messenger....

they will asses the property on size on a fixed rate per county per quare meter.

if you paid too much to turn a profit. well sell it then. like a bad stock on the stock market. sell it.

When you go on your march, take a banner with "bring back Rachmanism" on it. It will be funny!

no need. ive invented a new dance called the dying landlord. its like the dying fly. you squat on your back waving arms and legs in a fenzy while making a buzzing sound. on occassion shouting out things like.."switch the money machines back on. switch them on..bzzzz..bzzz."

HOLA4416

What came first, property flippers or the BTL craze?.

I'd simply tax equity gain into oblivion.

On everything or just houses?

I mean, what's the point of having people invest in stuff. Perhaps we can all get rich by paying each other government benefits.

This forum is starting to scare me, you guys should move to Venezuala - they have a nice little revolution going on there.

HOLA4417

Somebody put the cat among the pidgeons didn't they !!!!

I never thought that I would agree with ttrtr but I do.!

This isn't a house protest site. It is for people who would like to invest in housing who either CAN or CANNOT afford to do so.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Fred can't equate things unless they are black and white. Every Bear has to support every bearish view, in his little world. A bear who doesn't toe his party line must be lying, must be a bull in disguise - his brain can't cope with less than 100% dogma.

All landlords are boomers, and evil. All youngsters are innocent victims etc. etc.

I would like to see him taking more of an open view about things, and not being quite so dogmatic, "one side or the other" about things.

HOLA4420

they will asses the prperty my size only on a fixed rate per county per quare foot.

You are kidding right?

a) Who sets the price per square foot?

B) Is a house with with double the square foot worth exactly double? Why?

c) Is a house in the middle of a field in Dorset worth the same per square foot as one in Bouremouth or Poole?

d) Is a house at Tower Bridge worth the same as one in Ealing? Why?

e) Is a house with 4 bedrooms but the same square foot as one with 1 bedroom but bigger living room worth exactly the same? Why?

f) Are we taking into valuation gardens? Or does the size of the garden not matter? Or does the size of the garden get counted at the same rate as the building?

g) Does it matter if the house is near school or shops? Do these valuations come in at all?

h) Does it matter if the flat is a luxury brand new flat in a block of maybe 4 or 5 other ones as opposed to a building built in the 60s with 50 flats on top of each other. Or is is just size that counts?

Me thinks you need to engage brain a little more before coming up with such good ideas.

HOLA4421

no need. ive invented a new dance called the dying landlord. its like the dying fly. you squat on your back waving arms and legs in a fenzy while making a buzzing sound. on occassion shouting out things like.."switch the money machines back on. switch them on..bzzzz..bzzz."

If they're dying, why do we need the protest? Or perhaps you don't think they are?

God, it's doing your head in, isn't it, all these contradictions. Bring back the good old days, I say, when landlords were gentlemen.

http://www.portowebbo.co.uk/nottinghilltv/...led7rachman.htm

HOLA4422
You are kidding right?

a) Who sets the price per square foot?

Is a house with with double the square foot worth exactly double? Why?

c) Is a house in the middle of a field in Dorset worth the same per square foot as one in Bouremouth or Poole?

d) Is a house at Tower Bridge worth the same as one in Ealing? Why?

e) Is a house with 4 bedrooms but the same square foot as one with 1 bedroom but bigger living room worth exactly the same? Why?

f) Are we taking into valuation gardens? Or does the size of the garden not matter? Or does the size of the garden get counted at the same rate as the building?

g) Does it matter if the house is near school or shops? Do these valuations come in at all?

h) Does it matter if the flat is a luxury brand new flat in a block of maybe 4 or 5 other ones as opposed to a building built in the 60s with 50 flats on top of each other. Or is is just size that counts?

Me thinks you need to engage brain a little more before coming up with such good ideas.

a. as i said. the local council based on what i said above (mainly local average wages).

b. (there was no B) but it was becuase its bigger so more desirable.

c. depends on local wages. the houses are for locals arent they ?

d. local wages again.

e. no. there are some variables.

f. yes. exterior space counts as extra but at a much lower rate than interior space. say 1/3 the cost.

g. no.

h. no. the rent would be the same on a house suitable for inclusion, rather than a luxury flat not geared for social housing rental. you would have to buy a luxury flat if preferred as a main home only, not rent one from the council.

me thinks you need to accept this workable, taxable solution to the housing crisis this country is facing at the foot of a rather large debt mountain. .

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

This forum is starting to scare me, you guys should move to Venezuala - they have a nice little revolution going on there.

A little off-topic, but what the hell makes you think there's a revolution going on in Venezuela? <_<