House Price Crash Forum

Are You All Part Of A Cult

sam

HOLA441

This week i have had a very public evaluation of my lifestyle plans for the future, i have thought that angle and this angle, looked up and down left and right and came to the conclusion that i do not have a clue whats happening and what will happen (O:

Now at risk of being called a troll(so be it), i am going to share a few of my thoughts.

Over three years ago now i moved areas(for reason i will not start boring you with), i came to the conclusion then that property was well over priced, and the only sensible thing to do would be to sit tight, save hard, and stay well clear of the property market.

There was no one more Bearish than me, and god i was vocal about it, at the end of the day i did not want my friends and family being hung drawn and quatered in the definate crash that was to come.

I searched the internet and found people with the same views as me, i then became even more entrenched in my one sided thinking. The more time that passed the more stubborn i became, i became blinkered, arrogant, i knew something that the majority of the public did not know, or so i thought.

The thought of agreeing with anything bullish was heresy and punishable by much name calling(as i am about to find out), i have now come to the conclusion that i was part of something that was very similar to a cult(as are many on here).

Everything that i wanted and hoped would happen with property was 100% guaranteed on this site as well as others, facts and graphs were produced by the hour on why this crash was 100% certain, this site made me and many warm all over.

Like i said at the start of this post, i do not have a clue what is going to happen with the property market now, and me making that statement is more healthy than the stance i once took, in theory three years on should make my prediction more probable, but who knows.

If i was made to give a prediction, i think i would go along the lines of a loose loose scenario today, Bulls and Bears both lwaiting for years on end for an outcome, maybe even decades.

The Bulls waiting for HPI, which i think very unlikely now, the bears waiting for falls, maybe stagnation is the way to go for a while.

Maybe the banks and lenders did learn from the last crash, maybe they do know ways of not flooding the market with property causing a buyers market, maybe gordon brown did do something right, maybe there is a shortage of property, maybe maybe maybe.

There could well still be a property crash, but one thing for sure as from today, i will now be listening to some of the more Bullish statements(and take them with a pinch of salt), but i will listen.

I would say to you lurkers be carefull with what you read on sites like this, there are people who will convince you that they know what they are talking about, i call them the property Cult Gurus, Bulls have them as well.

What should i have done three years ago, in short i should have bought, there i said it, things now make a bit of sence now that i have woken up to the real world.

Very few people saved as much or could have saved as much as me over the last three years, still did not beat HPI though on the property i was looking at.

All i would say to you people on here, huge falls and huge rises are not the only possible outcome, please stay opened minded, wishing for something is one thing, hoping is another.

Sam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I can see where you're coming from. I think a lot of us are probably in the situation where we took a view of the market and decided it was overpriced. We expected sense to provail within a reasonable time frame.

I for one had expected the market to have turned south by now - but that could be my impatience. Often during the last three years i have thought about buying - even thought about buying the house we're in now because we like it - but 210k for a 2bed house - c'mon!

So while buying would have satisfied a short term goal, my belief that the long term play would be affected has kept me out of the market. Namely, why not save now rather than pay 2.5x every pound to the bank on an oversized mortgage.

One day i will buy - but only when some sense has returned to the pricing.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I too do not know what will happen with property.

You know what, though, I really don't care. I'm happy renting.

I'm getting on with my life and doing the things I want to do. It doesn't bother me whether I have a mortgage or not. There is more to life than bricks and mortar. I was born and brought up in the UK, Irish/English parents, but I really do not get the British obsession with property "ownership". particularly when the average house in the uk is poor quality and cramped.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I totally agree with your comments, I often find myself questioning my decision not to buy. Often seeing work colleagues, laughing out loud when i say now isn’t the right time for me to buy. I often find myself making excuses for not buying and never commit the cardinal sin of mentioning the word property crash

HOLA447
HOLA448

lets look at the last thread you started:

Same Daily Crap On Hpc, this will go on for years, there are powers stronger than you

sam

post Mar 31 2006, 01:36 AM

Post #1

HPC Poster

Group: Members

Member No.: 662

Hey Guys,

another day and i am tottally trashed, AGAIN (O:

I am booked into a hotel over looking the Thames nr Westminster, just had another quick look at the great HPC site, and just another day and another 100 reasons why the market will crash..lol.

And of course the usual Dr Bubb "i have just checked the markets" post, and this i s what will happen.

This bloke has now got the cheek to suggest something is happening in the market and we should all now keep tabs of it, like Dr Bubb has spoken and we all must take note and worship, this bloke is ful of s**t.

Can anyone give me one example of just one prediction that this man has got correct, i am one of the idiots that listened to Dr Bubb, and it has cost me.

It is all very well a single man with no ties in the world tellin all and sundry how they should be thinking, but some of us have blood running through our veins.

Sam

Mmmmm staight in with a collective derogatary post, which included a personlised attack on a forum member. An attack that was not backed up by facts........apart from the statement that he himself is indeed an idiot

So when you then marry the aforementioned up with this follow on thread:

Are You All Part Of A Cult, Do you want something so bad that you might be influenced

Now at risk of being called a troll(so be it), i am going to share a few of my thoughts.............

That's not a risk, that's a 21 carat certainty, and on a scale of one to ten a pathetic one at that.

SO,WHO LIVES IN A HOUSE LIKE THIS?

A PATHETIC TROLL

HOLA449

lets look at the last thread you started:

Mmmmm staight in with a collective derogatary post, which included a personlised attack on a forum member. An attack that was not backed up by facts........apart from the statement that he himself is indeed an idiot

So when you then marry the aforementioned up with this follow on thread:

That's not a risk, that's a 21 carat certainty, and on a scale of one to ten a pathetic one at that.

SO,WHO LIVES IN A HOUSE LIKE THIS?

A PATHETIC TROLL

All in the best possible taste. :P

HOLA4410

Blah Blah blah we're happy renting & yes it may take some time though in our opinion all good things come to those who wait.

A 100K mortgage is our limit we could afford another £40K more but that would be suicide when you look at how much utility bills, poll tax etc have risen & wages whilst wage growth has been very low,

One thing for sure by waiting we won't spend a lifetime regretting jumping on the property market now.

HOLA4411

One thing for sure by waiting we won't spend a lifetime regretting jumping on the property market now.

Great attitude.

Regret will only make you bitter and twisted and you'll spend too much time and energy being negative instead of spotting and realising other opportunities that arise.

HOLA4412

All in the best possible taste. :P

[/quote

Just checked what troll means, sorry catch22, it does mean someone who no longer wishes to toe the rigid party line.

I really do not want to get in a bickering match with you, but it really does seem like you refer to anyone not on your wavelength as a troll.

I am not saying you are wrong in want you claim to believe, but you really have becaome closed minded.

Please stop tring to front up to me, i really find it quite pathetic , be civil to me and i will be civil back.

Once again, i do not have nothing against Dr Bubb, i only think his posts need to be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

Sam

HOLA4413

Sammy Sammy Sammy, can you get nothing right? No wonder you don't know your @rse from your eldow

Here is The Definition of an Internet Troll you fit the bill completely, as your latest two thread headers indicate. And how you can sit there bare face lying about not making attacks on Dr Budd, when you did so in your very first post in your last thread.

Anyway enough of the TROLL, rather than talk to him, I shall now talk above him [not a hard thing to do]

The message he is really trying to get over is, look it ain't gonna happen, so get on with your lives and buy into the market. That has been his message all a long in this post, in his last post. The reality most probably is, in truth he maybe once was bearish but has now bought, yet is so fearful he has made the wrong decision he is on here exhorting you lurkers to do the same.

There's an old saying "you pays your money and you take your chances" and it is still the case today.

As I'm STR, my vested interest advice [least ways I'm honest and up front with my VI status] is learn about housing market cycles, all markets are cyclical in nature, and weigh up the probabilities of where we are in the cycle.

Then evaluate your own personal circumstances in regard to at what cost you are committed to the market.

If you’re a Home Owner, could you financially live with a market correction and possible increases in interest rates?

Are you sat on a big "paper" profit in regard to your house, and are at that time of life now or possibly within the next ten years of thinking of down sizing?

Are you a potential FTB'er as yet not committed to the housing market, have little or no deposit, with the likely hood of having to stretch yourself financially to live in anything other than the worst area in town? Because those buying the "pits" with little deposit, in a market on the verge of correcting, will be trapped in there for years to come. So ask yourself, is that the kinda place you would want to bring up you kids ? Because believe me, if or when an upturn in the corrected market eventually happens say anywhere between five to ten years from now. Nobody will have the need or desire to buy the "Pits" as more desirable places will be affordable to even the strapped for cash FTB.

IMHO Renting Good in times of uncertainty is better than Buying Bad

A warning to Lurkers

The Mods on this site often "out" those on these fourms who are not all the pretend to be, recently there was the case of Zorn turns out he was posting from "Rightmove" the VI property website. And low and behold another one is exposed today lookingafterthe kids

As Sammy boy says don't believe every thing you read on this forum. :ph34r:

HOLA4414

Sammy Sammy Sammy, can you get nothing right? No wonder you don't know your @rse from your eldow

Here is The Definition of an Internet Troll you fit the bill completely, as your latest two thread headers indicate. And how you can sit there bare face lying about not making attacks on Dr Budd, when you did so in your very first post in your last thread.

Anyway enough of the TROLL, rather than talk to him, I shall now talk above him [not a hard thing to do]

The message he is really trying to get over is, look it ain't gonna happen, so get on with your lives and buy into the market. That has been his message all a long in this post, in his last post. The reality most probably is, in truth he maybe once was bearish but has now bought, yet is so fearful he has made the wrong decision he is on here exhorting you lurkers to do the same.

There's an old saying "you pays your money and you take your chances" and it is still the case today.

As I'm STR, my vested interest advice [least ways I'm honest and up front with my VI status] is learn about housing market cycles, all markets are cyclical in nature, and weigh up the probabilities of where we are in the cycle.

Then evaluate your own personal circumstances in regard to at what cost you are committed to the market.

If you’re a Home Owner, could you financially live with a market correction and possible increases in interest rates?

Are you sat on a big "paper" profit in regard to your house, and are at that time of life now or possibly within the next ten years of thinking of down sizing?

Are you as yet not committed to the housing market, have little or no deposit, with the likely hood of having to stretch yourself financially to live in anything other than the worst area in town? Because those buying the "pits" with little deposit, in a market on the verge of correcting. Will be trapped in there for years to come, is that a place you would want to bring up you kids ?

IMHO Renting Good in times of uncertainty is better than Buying Bad

A warning to Lurkers

The Mods on this site often "out" those on these fourms who are not all the pretend to be, recently there was the case of Zorn turns out he was posting from "Rightmove" the VI property website. And low and behold another one is exposed today lookingafterthe kids

As Sammy boy says don't believe every thing you read on this forum. :ph34r:

What a little drama queen, it is up to this forum to judge for themself now, i really cannot be bothered with you catch22.

You post proves everything to me, GET THIS INTO YOUR THICK LITTLE HEAD, as much as a dick i think you are, i want you to be right in your predictions.

You post is full of generalisations, similar to many of your other posts., calling people TROLLS, what a cop out, and an easy way to end and argument.

Sam

HOLA4415

I rent and the economics work out extremely well. I think the problem here is that you don't think for yourself. You took in the bear's story hook line and sinker and then you lost confidence and switched to the bull's story. There are plenty like you and I fear you will suffer worse than committed bulls (who migitigated their losses by buying early) and much worse than bears who will avoid being buried by the avalanche (when it finally arrives). In answer to your other points:

This week i have had a very public evaluation of my lifestyle plans for the future,
Did someone mock you on the radio? If not why not?
Over three years ago now i moved areas(for reason i will not start boring you with), i came to the conclusion then that property was well over priced, and the only sensible thing to do would be to sit tight, save hard, and stay well clear of the property market.
Good point and I agree with you.
Like i said at the start of this post, i do not have a clue
I agree with this as well.
The thought of agreeing with anything bullish was heresy and punishable by much name calling(as i am about to find out),
Correct, you are an idiot

HOLA4416

What on earth is going on here today? You know, if people in a pub start brawling at eachother they get told to "take it outside".

Perhaps we need an area underneath the Troll forum called "HPC slanging matches". Move all of the fights there and let the rest of us have some peace while the kids sort out their differences. Who knows? It might be quite comical to read posts there on a Friday night after a drink, but on a stone cold Sunday afternoon...it just seems childish.

Take it outside lads!

HOLA4417

What on earth is going on here today? You know, if people in a pub start brawling at eachother they get told to "take it outside".

Perhaps we need an area underneath the Troll forum called "HPC slanging matches". Move all of the fights there and let the rest of us have some peace while the kids sort out their differences. Who knows? It might be quite comical to read posts there on a Friday night after a drink, but on a stone cold Sunday afternoon...it just seems childish.

Take it outside lads!

Agree totally. And this forum wonders why there are so few members? when all we have seen today are some regulars throwing their weight around and battling with 2 posters with differing views . Certain members use vile language and bully and provoke and nothing is said about that.....but its ok because they are bears......? Surely others can be allowed to have their say? If you don't agree with them fine. ignore or state your point. But on most forums the moderators jump in and stop this kind of crap before it gets so out of hand....Do new members/lurkers really want to see this? Most serious posters have kept well away today - many no longer post at all . i wonder why?

HOLA4418

Take it outside lads!

When the protagonists 'take it outside', the entire pub usually follows them out for the spectacle. The subject of house prices is emotive. You need passion and brawling if the site is going to be honest (and interesting).

HOLA4419

When the protagonists 'take it outside', the entire pub usually follows them out for the spectacle. The subject of house prices is emotive. You need passion and brawling if the site is going to be honest (and interesting).

Yes but it isn't an equal fight is it? Think most people would walk away if one guy had one arm tied behind his back and 6 others were kicking the cr&p out of him....... Good , lively debate is great. But some members do not seem to want this, they just want thread after thread repeating the same thing: "Crash, crash, crash."

"Marina" was hounded off the boards this week for stating that the area he was is not crashing....I have stopped posting about London as it seems to wind people up , so i will wait for LR figures Q1. If even so called experts continually change their message how do any off us know for certain what is actually going to happen. Until we all start to see concrete proof, surely there can be debate?

HOLA4420

That's why I suggested a "HPC slanging match" area. Anyone who is interested in watching a slanging match or starting one can use part of the board. Let's face it, some users of the board love nothing more than a good bitching fight with eachother. Who am I to deny them their pleasure?

Who are they to deny me mine? I entered the part of the forum that said "The main discussion on house prices". If I wanted to watch the slanging matches (or even take part) I would head straight for the Slanging match section, much the same as I head straight to "off topic" to read Libitinias jokes and Shakerbabys website recommendations!

Moving slanging match posts to the troll forum (especially between members) would seem odd. Deleting them would probably have everyone screaming "censorship" at the mods. Leaving them where they are reflects very badly on the majority of the members who end up getting tarred with the same brush on review sites such as Amazon.

The slanging matches can be great fun to read, but then again, so are Libitinias jokes. The difference is that she doesn't interrupt the flow of the house price discussion area when posting. See what I mean?

HOLA4421
Guest Bart of Darkness

Sam, you really need to get laid. Fast.

And this forum wonders why there are so few members?

:lol:

Number of members is currently pushing 4,000, far more than when I first signed up (still less than a year ago)

Internet ranking looking to break through the 11,000 mark, when I joined it was well over 20,000.

HOLA4422

Sam, you really need to get laid. Fast.

:lol:

Number of members is currently pushing 4,000, far more than when I first signed up (still less than a year ago)

Internet ranking looking to break through the 11,000 mark, when I joined it was well over 20,000.

4,000 members is pretty small IMO, not knocking the site as finding it a great source of information...but i do miss the more interesting threads that seemed to be around a few months ago..some of those guys no longer post? Just feel some lurkers COULD be put off by the "war zone" .....

HOLA4423

4,000 members is pretty small IMO, not knocking the site as finding it a great source of information...but i do miss the more interesting threads that seemed to be around a few months ago..some of those guys no longer post? Just feel some lurkers COULD be put off by the "war zone" .....

Look some of you Guys(and i mean some), you can have your site back, and your one collective voice.

I really was part of what you muppets get up to from day to day, you sit and wait and prey for anything that will kick off a housepricecrash.

Whatever event takes place, HOUSEPRICECRASH, you hope for collapse, illness(i.e birdflu), war, death, you wish familys on the streets.

I do not want to be part of this crap anymore,

Sam

HOLA4424

Ive been on internet forums before most people had even heard of the internet, and trolling has always been a major problem.My definition of a troll is simply this.

A person who more than 50% of there posts are in a negative form to what the majority think.

lets face it if 50% of your posts are against the grain and littered with insults and conjecture then the only thing you are out to achieve is dis-harmony.And theres about a dozen people here just like this.

HOLA4425

Ive been on internet forums before most people had even heard of the internet, and trolling has always been a major problem.My definition of a troll is simply this.

A person who more than 50% of there posts are in a negative form to what the majority think.

lets face it if 50% of your posts are against the grain and littered with insults and conjecture then the only thing you are out to achieve is dis-harmony.And theres about a dozen people here just like this.

So lets say i burst into a phedophile site and call them all a sick bunch of f***s, 99% take offence to this, that then makes me a troll, what a ridiculous example.

Sam

Archived