House Price Crash Forum
Bearfacts

Things Aint Neccessarily What They Seem

Just to cheer up the Bears , I found this little snippet of information tucked away in the Sunday Times Property paper '. TEAM a federation of 500 independent EAs across England and Wales selling property at the middle to lower end of the market says most areas have seen price falls in the last six months.

Interesting - could it be that the V.Is are hyping the top end stuff which is selling in London to the Wunch of City Bankers who have chosen to blow their ill gotten bonuses ? Could these sales be skewing the data ? Is this why Haliwide are saying don't get carried away ? Do they know that the City stuff is skewing the figures and that it can't last ?

Not quite what the V.I s have been saying but more in in line with what I see around me (Berkshire). I am seeing some hideously over priced stuff in the papers but also lots of FOR SALE boards hanging around for months and months on end. I surmise that sellers expectations have in some cases been influenced by the hype but the reality is that only 'realistically' priced stuff is selling.

We are looking to move to Hyhe in Kent and we regularly get details from agents with price reduced splashed across the front. The few we are interested in have been sitting on the market for months and months and are slowly reducing the prices 5- 50 % at a time.. still a long way to go though !

So have faith Bears 'Things ain't neccesarily what they seem' !

speaking to lady showing me around a property for rent yesterday and discussing how much better value for money renting is, i commented that people still seemed to be buying - she soon put me right on that - apparently the market around here is dead on it's feet - her company only do a few sales and concentrate on the rental market and she found the plight of the sales based agencies quite amusing

this, the info from the Halifax mortgage EA I saw the other week and interest rate futures suggest game on

speaking to lady showing me around a property for rent yesterday and discussing how much better value for money renting is, i commented that people still seemed to be buying - she soon put me right on that - apparently the market around here is dead on it's feet - her company only do a few sales and concentrate on the rental market and she found the plight of the sales based agencies quite amusing

this, the info from the Halifax mortgage EA I saw the other week and interest rate futures suggest game on

Yes ignore those faint of heart around you who throw their muskets to the ground and run. Close up the ranks and hold the line, the enemies extend supply line is at this very moment in time being cut back in Japan. Soon he will realise the momentum of his advance cannot be maintained, and he either implodes on the tips of your bayonets, or is forced to melt away into the evening mist...... :ph34r:

Just to cheer up the Bears , I found this little snippet of information tucked away in the Sunday Times Property paper '. TEAM a federation of 500 independent EAs across England and Wales selling property at the middle to lower end of the market says most areas have seen price falls in the last six months.

So have faith Bears 'Things ain't neccesarily what they seem' !

I’ve been banging on about TEAM for a while, just walk into ANY TEAM members office, ask for their statistics for the last month in their region, and they will give them to you.

I do this regularly at one of there South Western agents, and I am always surprised at how “open” (OK with tongue in cheek) they “seem” to be. The last one for the South West was a FLAT market for at last 6 months, with a number of property types going south, NOT the 7.4% asking price rise as Rightmove suggest for the region.

I’ve been banging on about TEAM for a while, just walk into ANY TEAM members office, ask for their statistics for the last month in their region, and they will give them to you.

I do this regularly at one of there South Western agents, and I am always surprised at how “open” (OK with tongue in cheek) they “seem” to be. The last one for the South West was a FLAT market for at last 6 months, with a number of property types going south, NOT the 7.4% asking price rise as Rightmove suggest for the region.

Probably a daft question but do they have a website that lists members ? Can we access their data anywhere other than by walking into a TEAM agent ? I presume they advertise the fact that they are members of TEAM ?

Interesting that they are all independent EAs and their figures look very different to those from all the VIs, wonder why that might be ?!.

Probably a daft question but do they have a website that lists members ? Can we access their data anywhere other than by walking into a TEAM agent ? I presume they advertise the fact that they are members of TEAM ?

Interesting that they are all independent EAs and their figures look very different to those from all the VIs, wonder why that might be ?!.

http://www.teamprop.co.uk/