House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabourBloke

A Final Word On Internal Labour Party Campaigning

My post on joining the Labour party was not some new idea for a membership drive but I was just going to try and help you so am dismayed the previous thread was binned to off-top forum. To reply to the ones that were saying that Labour donut listen and look at Iraq so it ain't worth working on housin issues, well here is my reply - the Iraq war was never a real political issue:

No progress with leadership on USA relations mate even though most in party hate war. Main 2 parties support war so it just isn't an issue. If Tories had hit out against war then we might not be in Iraq today. Cameron starting to hit out on housing and Tory boys know it is an issue that they can make massive capital out of. So that together with internal party pressure will work and Tory boys will capitalise if they pick up on internal Labour party dissent on the issue. Get my meaning? Clearly you on here donut know much on politics.

Guest muttley

The Tory boys have realised that they can make capital out of the typical Labour bloke's fondness for "tax and spend".

Your Prime-Minister-In-Waiting is now presiding over a bigger tax raid on GDP than Dennis "'til the pips squeak" Healey.

There goes my peerage.

My post on joining the Labour party was not some new idea for a membership drive but I was just going to try and help you so am dismayed the previous thread was binned to off-top forum. To reply to the ones that were saying that Labour donut listen and look at Iraq so it ain't worth working on housin issues, well here is my reply - the Iraq war was never a real political issue:

No progress with leadership on USA relations mate even though most in party hate war. Main 2 parties support war so it just isn't an issue. If Tories had hit out against war then we might not be in Iraq today. Cameron starting to hit out on housing and Tory boys know it is an issue that they can make massive capital out of. So that together with internal party pressure will work and Tory boys will capitalise if they pick up on internal Labour party dissent on the issue. Get my meaning? Clearly you on here donut know much on politics.

It isnt just our glorious leader that fails to listen. ALL nulabour fail to listen.

In my home town labour have done a spectacular job...of selling out.

1. sold Withington hosptial to developers to build lots and lots of....shiny new 2 bed flats.

2. closed Ancoats A&E.....and sold the land to devlopers to build lots and lots of... shiny new 2 bed flats

3. Gave planning consent on the Lloyds pub car park for lots and lots of....shiny new 2 bed flats (after very stiff and vocal campaigns from the locals)

4. Gave planning consent for an old churh to be turned into...lots and lots of shiny new 2 bed flats (after very emotional pleas from family members who's parents were buried in the cemetery attached to the church - which is now a public garden for the flats - the bodies were removed to other cemetries) Thats the one at the top of Deansgate.

5. Sold out on our new Light Railway (Tram) System in favour of buses....is that green?

I've never voted labour. and at this rate never will.

I can remember the very first time I saw bliar on the telly and thought "he sounds like one weasly little runt" maybe thats just a personal thing, but I dont like his tone, his mannerisms, his "lets be best buddies" smarm.....and espicially his - "Look, you know, hey, its like this" bullcrap.

I dont want to change them. Just like I dont want to join the BNP to change them either. I just want them GONE.

Who do we replace them with?.....I'm not sure.

The attitude of Labour is that if the Tories agree with them on some issue then they automatically think everyone agrees with them on the same issue.

Regarding the Tories decision to go to war in Iraq, was that not because they had seen Blairs dodgy dosier? Is that not what they based there decision on, like so many others? Maybe I'm wrong.