House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
halebop

Gold Or Isa?

nearly the end of this years tax year!

so i was wondering what peoples opinion of gold is against an isa ?

i was just looking at the old gold threads {how cheap it was then to now}

will it still go up?

have i missed out already?

nearly the end of this years tax year!

so i was wondering what peoples opinion of gold is against an isa ?

i was just looking at the old gold threads {how cheap it was then to now}

will it still go up?

You can invest in Gold inside an ISA tax wrapper. They are not mutually exclusive.

Many market commentators are pessimistic about stock markets at the moment so if you're risk averse perhaps you should stay in cash for a while to see what pans out.

Personally I believe the gold bull market has hardly begun yet. However I accept that the ride to the top might be a bit too choppy for more conservative investors.

Don't fall for this "rush" for an ISA. You've had all this tax year to make your mind up. If you haven't made your mind up yet you can just buy next tax year at leisure.

You can invest in Gold inside an ISA tax wrapper. They are not mutually exclusive.

Many market commentators are pessimistic about stock markets at the moment so if you're risk averse perhaps you should stay in cash for a while to see what pans out.

Personally I believe the gold bull market has hardly begun yet. However I accept that the ride to the top might be a bit too choppy for more conservative investors.

thanks urban

i was just looking at bubbs topic on the financial markets forum

maybe i should wait till after the summer to invest or a good pullback ?

i was thinking of leaving my money in the gold or isa for at least a year so

i would get £150 or thereabouts for my cash or +/-?for gold

at the moment ive got a lump sum in ING and a couple of isa;s

but the return on my isa;s seems crap compared to the gains in gold this last year

the money i was going to invest in gold is just a {forget about it investment} and see how it does when i want my money out .but at the same time i would like to think i bought in at a decent time.

ps. i was talking about next years isa

i like to get in staight away!

Edited by halebop

If you were that sure about Gold you could do spreadbetting on the spot price ($US) - and get tax free returns - e.g. Finspreads.

Warning -you could lose a lot of money if it didn't work out!

I decided not to add any cash into ISA at the begining of the finantial year. Instead ... cash will go into gold waiting for interest rate start going up. Share ISA will be loaded with ML Gold, Resorces, and one of the Jap founds.

Pakard

what's the best way to do this? Can you get something directly indexed to the gold price?

I have a B&B e-savings ISA but I don't think they do the maxi ISAs

www.iii.co.uk

edit:

onece you buy cash ISA... there is no return. 3K in and and a year later 5% interest..150 up. Buy gold now, sell it later and tranfer it into ISA during the next finatial year... till April, 2007.

Just before pound drop 20%... :blink: ssshhhh It was not me :lol:

DYOR

Edited by Pakard

what's the best way to do this? Can you get something directly indexed to the gold price?

You can do something better than that. You can buy a gold unit trust like Merrill Lynch Gold and General. If gold goes up say 30% then G & G goes up approx. 75%.

It's doubled my money in a year which can't be bad.

Go to the Fidelity Fund Supermarket website - any search engine should come up with it. You can buy 7ks worth of G&G inside an ISA tax wrapper there if you wish.