House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kam

Uk Birth Map - Bbc 3 Now

Program on BBC3 now sounds like a propaganda film to convince us youngsters to stop bitching and just have kids and pay over the odds for housing,

Hahhahaahaha

Most of the 20-30 year olds are putting off kids becuase they can't afford homes.

TV programs answer .....get an old lady on to say how she lived- 10 people in 3 rooms

Great idea

anyone else watching

Edited by Kam

"first-time mothers are now more likely to be in their early 30s (30 to 34) than in their early 20s (20 to 24)"

"The lowest UK birth rate is in Scotland "

"Only nine per cent of women born in the 1945 were childless at 45, but now almost 20 per cent of women approaching the menopause have no children"

Link here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/tv_and_radi...map_index.shtml

Edited by Padiham

Obviously the directive has come down. "Design programmes to encourage lumpen proletariate new middle classes to stop feeling sorry for themselves and start doing their bit towards the government's breeding targets."

If your average young person today cannot afford a dog kennel what prospects does their children face?

Where's the hope in the future?

13160627_afafd4ddcb_m.jpg

Edited by BuyingBear

KAM,

I take the blue pill everytime now that I understand what it means. Was not a Matrix fan until yesterday. long story but I attended a presentation when the movie was methodically dissected and analysed. Totally impressed. Generally, I am not good with movies of this kind but I now realsie it because I didn't geddit!

Guest Bart of Darkness
get an old lady on to say how she lived- 10 people in 3 rooms

Which is how we all want to live in the 21st century.

It can be done of course.

But you can't own much stuff, so you can't spend, damaging the economy.

More importantly your kids have little place quiet in which to study. I think this is a big problem in London, having >1 or even >2 kids per room is very common. Fine when they're 5, unhelpful when they're revising for their GCSEs...

It could of course be argued that the desire for more space is one of the many things fuelling HPI. Many people my age shared rooms when we were children, a 2-bed flat wasn't considered the minimum acceptable FTB for a single man in his '30s. I could go on.

It could of course be argued that the desire for more space is one of the many things fuelling HPI. Many people my age shared rooms when we were children, a 2-bed flat wasn't considered the minimum acceptable FTB for a single man in his '30s. I could go on.

Yeah, but let me guess, when you were young a FTB wasn't in his thirties?

NDL

Guest Bart of Darkness

I would agree that people seem to lead more solitary lives than before. More couples without children (or just one child), more single people living on their own etc.

10 people in three rooms still strikes me as excessive in modern Britain though.