House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

This Forum Inserts An Additional Line Between Paragraphs

Everytime I write a message on this forum, it automatically inserts a line between my paragraphs. I.e. when I type a message I include a blank line so it is more readable for me. But when it appears on the forum the software has added another line in, so it end up having two blank lines.

Just like this post.

Why? oh why? Is there a setting I have changed and not realised? It never used to be like this before the upgrade a few months ago...

Guest consa

Everytime I write a message on this forum, it automatically inserts a line between my paragraphs. I.e. when I type a message I include a blank line so it is more readable for me. But when it appears on the forum the software has added another line in, so it end up having two blank lines.

Just like this post.

Why? oh why? Is there a setting I have changed and not realised? It never used to be like this before the upgrade a few months ago...

Also I have noticed that the last post I have read does not show as read until I read it again, nothing to do with my side, cookies etc.....

Hmmm... Mods have you noticed this? It's annoying because when I write a post, I add blank lines in so it is easier to write. Before I press submit, I have to go and remove my blank lines as they will be re-added later.

I can understand preventing posts that are one huge paragraph... but is this deliberate?

Guest consa

Hmmm... Mods have you noticed this? It's annoying because when I write a post, I add blank lines in so it is easier to write. Before I press submit, I have to go and remove my blank lines as they will be re-added later.

I can understand preventing posts that are one huge paragraph... but is this deliberate?

Unfortunately this is not a board setting, it has more to do with the standard templates and governed by invision, so you will have to wait for another upgrade probably.

I assume it is a forum bug, have you tried to post without a gap between paragraphs? like this

Unfortunately this is not a board setting, it has more to do with the standard templates and governed by invision, so you will have to wait for another upgrade probably.

I assume it is a forum bug, have you tried to post without a gap between paragraphs? like this

It's not possible to have a line break, but no blank line (like in your post).

It keeps adding a blank line. Grrrr...

I can however edit my post. Edit: Like this!

Guest consa

OK, lets try then.

I have left a single line now and not edited.

New post:

It seems it is only you who has the trouble, still think it is a bug in the forum though.

maybe you could ask the webmaster to set you up with a new account and delete your old one, he can insert your post count to match so it would seem the same, all you would need to do is reset your password then and all should be ok.

That is all that can be done, PM him.

OK, lets try then.

I have left a single line now and not edited.

New post:

It seems it is only you who has the trouble, still think it is a bug in the forum though.

maybe you could ask the webmaster to set you up with a new account and delete your old one, he can insert your post count to match so it would seem the same, all you would need to do is reset your password then and all should be ok.

That is all that can be done, PM him.

Okkie dokey. I shall go try posting from another PC first!