House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
firsttimebuyer

Coventry House Prices Coming Down, In Ya Face!

House Prices are falling in parts of the UK.

In coventry house prices are coming down.

We were lucky enough to be shown around a property by a luvly lady whose last day it was. She was leaving to raise her family. She told us the prices are far too high, not affordable and people are not paying the prices they were expecting. She said the prices were gradually coming down.

As she predicted, the SAME house 1 week later had dropped 9k for 104k to 94k!

Another house on another street, priced at 126K (for 2 years), dropped to 119K.

So prices are rising are they? What a load of utter garbage!

All you lot who are predicting this and that, just look at the facts. Simply compare the prices of the houses in different areas at different times.

You will find in most parts prices are static or coming down, whereas in london they may be going up. But who cares about london! In my parts prices are falling, a 10k fall in 7 days is HUGE!! HIGH FIVE!! My wife and I saw the new price for the house, looked and each other, smiled and said "nah! We aint buying yet, prices are coming down"!! lol! Wicked stuff!

Nationwide etc can carry on with their lies. The reality is their for all to see.

We were lucky enough to be shown around a property by a luvly lady whose last day it was. She was leaving to raise her family. She told us the prices are far too high, not affordable and people are not paying the prices they were expecting. She said the prices were gradually coming down.

All you lot who are predicting this and that, just look at the facts. Simply compare the prices of the houses in different areas at different times.

You will find in most parts prices are static or coming down, whereas in london they may be going up. But who cares about london! In my parts prices are falling, a 10k fall in 7 days is HUGE!! HIGH FIVE!! My wife and I saw the new price for the house, looked and each other, smiled and said "nah! We aint buying yet, prices are coming down"!! lol! Wicked stuff!

Nationwide etc can carry on with their lies. The reality is their for all to see.

Is that because no one wants to live in chavvie "Cov". What's happening in Kenilworth where people aspire to ?

It is why the regional reports make good reading.

Is that because no one wants to live in chavvie "Cov". What's happening in Kenilworth where people aspire to ?

in fact my friend, with coventry's new international Ricoh arena and conference centre, the tens of millions spent on the city centre and large companies moving back to coventry, with birmigham international airport 10 mins away, coventry is the place to be, yet prices are still falling.

What does that tell you?

house prices going up? Nonsense mate, nonsense!

All those bank aka nationwide etc, you can only lie and hide the truth for so long. Eventually the truth will out. Nationwide KNOW it, hence them always harping on about "this trend in rising prices will not continue".

Yes it wont, they know it, so with such comments are covering their hairy backs!

FTB's, get your deposits ready, and wait for the crash because it is coming.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Is that because no one wants to live in chavvie "Cov".

There are loads of places no one wants to live, yet they have still seen massive HPI.

Look at Wales. :)

I believe they will come down, but people filling threeds like you with shite reasons as to why this will cause a HPC is just lol.

Yes all around the UK certain houses in certain areas will discount their house for a quick sale.

House prices will crash once rates go up to unaffordable levels and on top of that people cannot enter the market.

Untill then stop getting excited by the odd house offering a big drop, the HPC aint here yet.

Glad to hear it - I've said before but I don't see any reason why small rises in London have to ripple out elsewhere. London has been stagnated for years while other places continued with ludicrous rises, prices are out of sync. So ignore us in London and get on with a proper crash...

I think Kenilworth is in Warwickshire and in the last quarter of 2005 house prices in Warwickshire dropped 2.4%

I think Kenilworth is in Warwickshire and in the last quarter of 2005 house prices in Warwickshire dropped 2.4%

I love blanket assumptions.

People have stretched themselves in places to buy the wrong properties or have MEW'd for plasmas and cars and little Gites and the like and financed lifestyles they can't afford - mortgaging tomorrow to pay for today.

BUT many people have stretched to buy the right ones, you must expect to see fools who got lots of money lose it - it's Darwinism.

The right areas will always sell and will always sell at a good price. A house that's gone down £10K in a week could have been there for a month or twelve - it was an asking price and there's loads of reasons for price cuts that are not simply market led.

A fool and credit come together very easily and they lose it twice as fast. But relatively hysterical/manicaal postings with very little empirical argued evidence does not make enyone believe....

I believe they will come down, but people filling threeds like you with shite reasons as to why this will cause a HPC is just lol.

Yes all around the UK certain houses in certain areas will discount their house for a quick sale.

House prices will crash once rates go up to unaffordable levels and on top of that people cannot enter the market.

Untill then stop getting excited by the odd house offering a big drop, the HPC aint here yet.

"...will discount their house for a quick sale" !!!!!!! LOL!

Durrr, is that the way you dress up a PRICE DROP? You're just desperate.

Oh, so when they RAISED their prices that was a temporary, non-price related thing was it?

Blimey O' Reilly. :lol:

"...will discount their house for a quick sale" !!!!!!! LOL!

Durrr, is that the way you dress up a PRICE DROP? You're just desperate.

Oh, so when they RAISED their prices that was a temporary, non-price related thing was it?

Blimey O' Reilly. :lol:

a friend has been trying to sell her house for about 180k, but has dropped it 20k in the past year, still no sale.

People just aint paying over the odds in cov!

Just down the road apiece from Cov is the lovely Stratford-upon-Avon where Chavs are fewer in number. Friends parents just moved from SA and bought a new build and were given 10% + Stamp paid (350k house) + free carpets + appliances + legal costs paid without asking. A long way from the queues to buy new builds 18 months ago.

Local paper is filled with "new prices" (EAspeak for "price reduced") and no upward chain (EA speak for BTLer getting out).

Rightmove has destroyed all credibility in VI statitistics and the government want watching also with their Precott reports.

Just down the road apiece from Cov is the lovely Stratford-upon-Avon where Chavs are fewer in number. Friends parents just moved from SA and bought a new build and were given 10% + Stamp paid (350k house) + free carpets + appliances + legal costs paid without asking. A long way from the queues to buy new builds 18 months ago.

Local paper is filled with "new prices" (EAspeak for "price reduced") and no upward chain (EA speak for BTLer getting out).

Rightmove has destroyed all credibility in VI statitistics and the government want watching also with their Precott reports.

I think the Straford / Warwick / Leamington area has changed significantly since last August.

Loads of properties that were languishing all through the early part of last year have now sold.

Having said that there are also many price reductions in the middle band of average new build estate houses. Anyone who bought into Warwick Gates development must be facing a grim few years.

silly prices everywherre!

In birmingham on one road... with 4 similar houses for sale

prices reduced from 165 to 145 within 12 months... still not sold!

I was told I should have brought... I waited... and have saved at least 20k in the process!

Roll on bigger drops!

Ignorant Steve

As a baliff Coventry is a gold mine for my company. Last week I

took back 4 BMWs, 2 Minis and 2 IS200 and don,t forget get all

the council taxes arrers from 2005. Should find out if my comany

gets the CSA contract.

Business is booming for the baliffs.

Ignorant Steve

As a baliff Coventry is a gold mine for my company. Last week I

took back 4 BMWs, 2 Minis and 2 IS200 and don,t forget get all

the council taxes arrers from 2005. Should find out if my comany

gets the CSA contract.

Business is booming for the baliffs.

Congratulations on a sound business investment.

Why are you telling me? Rather than the forum as a whole?

I don't live in Coventry nor do I own property there.

in fact my friend, with coventry's new international Ricoh arena and conference centre, the tens of millions spent on the city centre and large companies moving back to coventry, with birmigham international airport 10 mins away, coventry is the place to be, yet prices are still falling.

I thought the transport/car/bus museum thing near the station was pretty good.

Billy Shears

didnt you promise to leave teh forum and stop bothering us, Ignoranus? Why have you decided not to keep your word again?

Who's "us".

I think you speak for yourself and no one else.

Who's "us".

I think you speak for yourself and no one else.

Out of interest, why are you here? What motivates you? You're obviously bullish.

Ignorant Steve

Coventry is the start. May be my company will

be coming to your town or street.

But why are you telling me, why not everyone?

Postman also comes to my street, as do many delivery vans, removal vans and dustmen.

I don't live in Coventry nor do I own property there.

I do live in Coventry and i do not own property either, i have gone into rented and stopped looking at houses for sale, i am just getting on with my life and not worrying about it all, i will probably renew my tenancy for another 12 months in november then see what happens.

As for 'chavs' i think you will find chavs in any city/town these days, there are still areas where you steer clear off but the same could be said of alot of places, i sometimes have to go through a place called Kirby Muxloe to get to the M1, it does not look a bad place to live, but last week there where about fifty hoodies roaming the streets and hanging around outside of a store.

Like i said i have stopped looking at house prices and property papers/websites so i do not really know what is happening, but driving around i am seeing alot more for sale signs, i always chuckle at one particular house for sale, it is on a new estate built on the grounds of an old infant/junior school that i went to, i had posted before that the price had not budged in nearly 3 years it has been for sale but my mum told me they have dropped the price by £4,000, it does not look a bad house it is just way overpriced for the area.

Edit - forgot link - http://www.theim.co.uk/index.asp?action=pr...e=&id=427&NAV=1

Edited by Mark5290

Out of interest, why are you here? What motivates you? You're obviously bullish.

Actually I'm not bullish. I'd class myself as a realist bear.

As to why I'm here I decided in late 2002 that house prices in my then bit of London (Ealing) were too high so decided to sell my flat instead of renting it out. EA at the time was incredibly bearish and was amazed when I sold at full asking price to a FTB (funded £60K by his parents). EA said at the time he thought it would be the last full asking price offer he'd receive for a while.

I've been monitoring house prices in small bit of W13 since then as an interesting exercise - it is only now that prices appear to be rising again.

Fast forward a couple of years and wife and I now have dilemma of relocating to Warwick area or staying in Hammersmith / Chiswick. We have to move up the chain due to children. We decided to relocate and failed to sell flat in W6 for 1 year (2004). Reduced price early part of last year and finally sold in June 2005. Probably the lowest point possible for that part of London so our buyers have already made a decent choice.

Decided to rent in Leamington in a nice (but expensive) house fully expecting prices to start tumbling.

Didn't happen, though I'm convinced it will. I, however, can't wait indefinitely so decided end of last year to buy a nice house as we have plenty of deposit. We ended up losing 2 properties to higher offers before finally having an offer accepted last December. We complete in a few weeks.

I use this site (and others) to keep abreast of all the latest anecdotal stuff and to, hopefully, dispell a few of the misunderstandings shown by naive posters. There was a thread a while ago re IO mortgages for example.

I've had quite a few PM from posters requesting advice or help and quite a few abusive threats from that section of this site that somehow sees me as a threat.