House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bingley Bloke

Who Is Richest?

Who is richest?

A famous celebrity who's £4m in debt, or a manual worker on the minimum wage, renting, and with £500 in savings? Theoretically, the manual worker has £4,000,500 more than the celebrity, yet the celebrity still manages to live in a five bedroom townhouse in Notting Hill and drive an Aston Martin. Clearly Gordon Brown's theory of making it so easy to get into debt that we all feel insanely rich, because of our immense spending (based on borrowing) power, is based on this. The more you borrow the richer you are!

Guest Bart of Darkness
The more you borrow the richer you are!

Especially when you can go bankrupt when the debt gets too much.

Working hard? Saving? Fees like a mug's game these days.

Who is richest?

A famous celebrity who's £4m in debt, or a manual worker on the minimum wage, renting, and with £500 in savings? Theoretically, the manual worker has £4,000,500 more than the celebrity, yet the celebrity still manages to live in a five bedroom townhouse in Notting Hill and drive an Aston Martin. Clearly Gordon Brown's theory of making it so easy to get into debt that we all feel insanely rich, because of our immense spending (based on borrowing) power, is based on this. The more you borrow the richer you are!

Unfortunatly it boils down to future earnings potential and power. I say unfortunatly because i would much prefer to have a beer with the manual worker.

That being said, i would ask who is richer, the celeb with piles of cash which everyone wants who cannot trust people because of them back stabbing and selling off photos/information, the celeb who cannot leave thier house without being hounded.

Or

The manual worker who comes home and puts the kettle on waiting for his wife to walk through the door (we all work these days ha ) and give him and thier kids a hug, the manual worker who can go with his family to the sea life centre and wonder at all the things they dont know, the manual worker whos universe is his family while everything else is 'noise'.

Of course the manual worker still needs to earn enough along with his wife so that they can live without much turbulance.

Who is richer in life

Its a funny old world and if it wasnt for 'people' it would be great.

Reminds me of another saying.

Do you save?

1995: "Yes, £50 is put aside every month!"

2006: "Yes, I saved £200 on my new washing machine I bought yesterday!"

I have two children – so I am the richest

But the little bastards are eating me out of house and home – so I am also the poorest

I just wish I was on the sick then I could have the time to enjoy being the richest poor man

Unfortunatly it boils down to future earnings potential and power. I say unfortunatly because i would much prefer to have a beer with the manual worker.

That being said, i would ask who is richer, the celeb with piles of cash which everyone wants who cannot trust people because of them back stabbing and selling off photos/information, the celeb who cannot leave thier house without being hounded.

Or

The manual worker who comes home and puts the kettle on waiting for his wife to walk through the door (we all work these days ha ) and give him and thier kids a hug, the manual worker who can go with his family to the sea life centre and wonder at all the things they dont know, the manual worker whos universe is his family while everything else is 'noise'.

Of course the manual worker still needs to earn enough along with his wife so that they can live without much turbulance.

Who is richer in life

Its a funny old world and if it wasnt for 'people' it would be great.

How about the landlord, who gets both the money and the family life?

Fair point actually, one that keeps me up at night too. There is always room for expansion in the property game. Unlike plain employment, which has limited room for expansion.

that's right, when its all made up in your head it can be as big as you like :D

How about the landlord, who gets both the money and the family life?

But how do you find time for family life TTRTR?

All those tenant's gutters to clear, drains to unblock, leaking taps, light bulbs to change !!

Reminds me of another saying.

Do you save?

1995: "Yes, £50 is put aside every month!"

2006: "Yes, I saved £200 on my new washing machine I bought yesterday!"

lol

It makes me chuckle when people 'save' money when they go shopping...

Why is debt seen as freedom?

http://www.freedomfinance.co.uk/

WTF.....

Fair point actually, one that keeps me up at night too. There is always room for expansion in the property game. Unlike plain employment, which has limited room for expansion.

It's eminently possible to make a great deal of money as an employee, have very little/no risk and have a great sense of self-worth

Too true, that Mr Brown has a lot to answer for.

How is the rental market generally, down your way, if you don't mind me asking?

Excellent as usual.

that's right, when its all made up in your head it can be as big as you like :D

It's all about market share. How big is the market? Huge. How much of a share can I get? Well there's enough to keep me busy for life if I want to chase it.

It's eminently possible to make a great deal of money as an employee, have very little/no risk and have a great sense of self-worth

Tell us about it. There's plenty of people that in reply could tell you about glass ceilings too.

Tell us about it. There's plenty of people that in reply could tell you about glass ceilings too.

Glass ceilings stop the rain and big turds hitting you when the Directors dont like there returns :)

In all seriousness i think self employed would be best for me, just a shame im not good at anything :lol: