House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Strange How..

Financial organisations announce the crash, one headed by the last recipient of a noble prize for economics.

Okay, Nationwide announced the turning point, not a crash..

But..

Suddenly bulls appear, and the site is under an onslaught..

"I have been reading this for years.. now I have to post..? there will be no crash.."

Bankruptcies going up exponentially?

Hmmnn.. what else do we need?

oh yes.. and new builds officially 10% cheaper then they were..

What else..

I have been offered discounts worth tens of thousands.. against new builds..

20% of properties finished in 2005 still empty...?

(is that an issue?)

By empty, that includes those sold without tennants.

Not enough houses..?

really...?

are you sure?

Edited by apom

Financial organisations announce the crash, one headed by the last recipient of a noble prize for economics.

Okay, Nationwide announced the turning point, not a crash..

But..

Suddenly bulls appear, and the site is under an onslaught..

"I have been reading this for years.. now I have to post..? there will be no crash.."

Bankruptcies going up exponentially?

Hmmnn.. what else do we need?

oh yes.. and new builds officially 10% cheaper then they were..

What else..

I have been offered discounts worth tens of thousands.. against new builds..

20% of properties finished in 2005 still empty...?

(is that an issue?)

It's not worth arguing. Let these people go buy and put their money where their mouths are. Unless you actually work for a private company adding value to the economy (as opposed to public sector no idea) then it's not possible to tell things are stuffed.

Stand back and watch.

Yes - I'm uncertain about how big the falls in the wider market will be, but I honestly believe that new-builds have started to fall, even in London - it will be a while before that becomes clear, but I think the momentum in the new-build market has definitely started to shift, and about time too.

Edited by Magpie

Yes - I'm uncertain about how big the falls in the wider market will be, but I honestly believe that new-builds have started to fall, even in London - it will be a while before that becomes clear, but I think the momentum in the new-build market has definitely started to shift, and about time too.

London..

They showed 2/3rds of new docklands flats standing empty.. with hundreds more approaching completion..

That was around september..

I remember an interview with a devloper talking about Sipps and how great the investment was..

These will never sell..

Housing association is moving in to new builds aswell.. Friends bought into the new flat idea.. and ended up with a mortage they cannot pay and single mums as neighbours.. they can't sell.. the devlopers are selling cheeper then they paid.

Negative equity for anyone in a new build bought recently.

that is accepted in every measure.

They have never wanted to sell houses.. housing was only a vehicle to sell the true booming commodity..

and that was credit.. Thats where they money is..

Low managed inflation does not protect investors, it does not protect borrowers, (it's their as yet to be noticed worst enemy..) it protects lenders.

Personal debt goes from £590,000,000 to £1,300,000,000 in 7 years and people think that this has been about housing..??

It's the people lending the money who have been telling you that its great to invest in housing...

they don't care if you had bought collections of horse manure.. they wanted you to borrow large sums over the long term.

They used housing investoment to sell you the only thing that they wanted you to buy..

Look into who funded the house builders..

Lend money to house builder.

He pays you back with interest from the massive sum of money he was paid by the house buyer..

Who borrowed the money also from you...

Its all just gravy.. :)

only the niave would argue this

London..

They showed 2/3rds of new docklands flats standing empty.. with hundreds more approaching completion..

I've mentioned before the two blocks of luxury flats built in Dockland completed in around 1990. The first lot all sold at full whack, but the crash got underway before they could shift the second batch so they were sold off as social housing to Tower Hamlets council.

The local papers were full of letters from the upmarket residents of the first block complaining about how unfair it all was.

A lot of the new-builds are going to end up as the slums of the next few decades unfortunately.

Guest Winners and Losers

Just spoke to an acquaintance who asked me how my house hunting was going. My reply 'buy now, at the top of the market, are you crazy!!, I'm not house hunting'.

Tells me that they have looked at a couple of places and feel certain that they will go up in price in the next 2 - 3 years (probably an EA that told him that). I said do what is right for you, but I wouldnt bank on capital gains in the next few years. Another one sucked into the housing market vortex.

Just spoke to an acquaintance who asked me how my house hunting was going. My reply 'buy now, at the top of the market, are you crazy!!, I'm not house hunting'.

Tells me that they have looked at a couple of places and feel certain that they will go up in price in the next 2 - 3 years (probably an EA that told him that). I said do what is right for you, but I wouldnt bank on capital gains in the next few years. Another one sucked into the housing market vortex.

Suggest you bite them then attempt to hump their leg... :)

London..

I remember an interview with a devloper talking about Sipps and how great the investment was..

These will never sell..

Housing association is moving in to new builds aswell.. Friends bought into the new flat idea.. and ended up with a mortage they cannot pay and single mums as neighbours.. they can't sell.. the devlopers are selling cheeper then they paid.

Negative equity for anyone in a new build bought recently.

that is accepted in every measure.

They have never wanted to sell houses.. housing was only a vehicle to sell the true booming commodity..

and that was credit.. Thats where they money is..

Low managed inflation does not protect investors, it does not protect borrowers, (it's their as yet to be noticed worst enemy..) it protects lenders.

Personal debt goes from £590,000,000 to £1,300,000,000 in 7 years and people think that this has been about housing..??

It's the people lending the money who have been telling you that its great to invest in housing...

they don't care if you had bought collections of horse manure.. they wanted you to borrow large sums over the long term.

They used housing investoment to sell you the only thing that they wanted you to buy..

Look into who funded the house builders..

Lend money to house builder.

He pays you back with interest from the massive sum of money he was paid by the house buyer..

Who borrowed the money also from you...

Its all just gravy.. :)

only the niave would argue this

Nicely summed up. 5/5 and a gold star for you. :D

The most significant news this week is the Nationwide and Halifax reports. They routinely put out the most positive of messages but are now essentially saying that there will be no real rises in house prices for many years. If that's the most positive message they dare to put out, lest they look very stupid downline, then I see that as confirmation that their view of the world would put the median outlook showing nominal falls.

Guest Winners and Losers

Suggest you bite them then attempt to hump their leg... :)

Wouldnt be the first time! ;)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Maybe there could be a U Turn.

SIPPs U Turn

In another extraordinary u-turn, the Chancellor is now proposing that SIPP holders can invest directly in student halls of residence and indirectly in other residential property within a syndicate of just eleven or more members, reports Assetz.

Last week, the details of the definition and tax treatment of residential property within SIPPs were divulged in Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) Guidance Notes. These are only draft documents at this stage but are expected to become law as part of the Finance Act in July 2006.